At Ninth Sound

At First Sound

A year later

Breaking news

Rumors are spreading that the Ice Princess is going to reveal her identity with her album during comeback. Will the comeback mark the day where fans and citizens of Korea were finally going to see for themselves what Korea's Ice Princess looks like?

The Ice Princess was rumored to be somebody who have came down from heaven with a sweet alluring voice ever since she became a DJ for 89.9FM five years ago. The girl had taken on a mysterious road, choosing to conceal her face with her signature scarf and sunglasses too big for her face. With just a voice, she had managed to make the men of Korea fall in love with her and make thousands of women look at her with jealousy and envy.

Throughout the five years, there may be rumors of the Ice Princess having skin problems and being too hideous to face the world. However, most of these rumors were put to rest when the Ice Princess decided to break out of her comfort zone and debut in the music industry. With her honey-like voice and the original huge base of listeners from her radio show, it was no wonder that her debut album was a great success. Still, what the citizens of Korea was interested in was her appearance and in order to satisfy these curiosity, parts of her face were shown in the music video, which had proved her flawless skin. Yet, never once had the Ice Princess took off her translucent veil while singing.

So will the Ice Princess finally reveal herself to the world in the next comeback album? As for now, the management of the company had said that nothing has been confirmed yet, but one can always hope.

Share with us your comments below and stay tune to everythingkpop for further updates.

~~~

Scrolling down towards the comments section of the article, a brunette glanced at the various comments, before turning around to face a lazy blonde lying comfortably on the couch with an arm resting on her eyes. Frowning, the brunette lightly shook the blonde, receiving a small groan from the latter.

"Jessica, are you really going to reveal your identity in the next comeback?"

Silence

"Jessi...."

A slight shake on the sleeping blonde proved useless, as she did not even move an inch.

"Jessica~~~"

The shake increased in strength and frequency, causing another groan to elicit.

"Jessi~~~"

Came the last whine, which was powerful enough to cause the girl to open her eyes grudgingly as she faced the brunette with a frown on her face.

"What! This has better be good."

She snapped, clearly unhappy about having her short nap interrupted. Unfortunately, her grumbles and tone of her voice proved useless when the brunette just continued with her question.

"Are you really going to reveal your identity on the next comeback?"

A shrug of shoulders before Jessica returned to her sleeping position of putting hand over her eyes, an indication to ignore the brunette. However, being more than best friends for a year definitely have its perks. She knew the best way to wake the poor girl now.

Silently creeping towards the sleeping girl, Tiffany made a small pounce landing on her body, earning a 'oof' from the lying girl. Squinting up, Jessica caught sight of a sly smile from Tiffany and before she could do anything to protect herself, she found her body squirming relentlessly, eliciting laughter and her limbs flailing around in hopes to smack her attacker. However, as nimble and agile as she was, Tiffany managed to keep her hold on the blonde's body as her fingers attacked the sides of Jessica's body mercilessly.

Minutes later, laughter died down to exhaustion, as Jessica lay limp on the couch. Tear glands had been provoked and tears had already rolled down her cheeks as the blonde struggled to regain her breath and composure. Tiffany, on the other hand, continued to straddle the girl as she too, breathe deeply while looking at the girl below her with a warm smile.

"So are you awake now?"

Tiffany broke the silence, finally climbing off the girl and settling down beside her. Jessica had taken a bit more time before finally slumping with her back against the couch, still yawning sleepily.

"Yeah. I'm awake.... What was your question?"

"Question?" Confusion struck across Tiffany's mind as she tried to recall the question. "Right. Comeback. Are you really going to reveal your identity?"

"Do you want me to?" Jessica shrugged once more.

"I... I don't know. But I guess it probably doesn't matter? Your fans have been patronizing the cafe for a year already since recognizing me. They have been asking me a lot of questions about you, so..."

"Are they bothering you? If they are, tell me, I'll tell them."

Jessica had sat up straight, staring intently at Tiffany.

"Chill... Relax... They aren't. I mean, they bring in business. Sunny was really happy, but sometimes we just wish to have few moments of peace, just watching the regulars carry on with their daily lives."

"I'm sorry."

Tiffany watched as Jessica hung her head low, apologetically.

"Nothing to be sorry about. I mean, it's fine. Really. It's fine. If I ever want any peace and quiet, I can always go to Taeyeon."

"Yeah. I guess."

A small smile appeared on Jessica's face, yet all Tiffany saw was the guilt in her eyes. After one year, she knew Jessica's reason for taking on alias and not revealing herself. The girl had debuted at the age of 21, starting with small pre-recording segments of a radio show before moving on to take over a popular radio host who had retired that time. Many people had questioned the young girl's ability to take on such an informative and challenging show where she had to not only come up with her scripts, but also had to handle live enquiries and interact with the listeners on air. Thus, many started speculating if she had probably slept with the producer or was in a relationship in the higher-ups that allowed her to obtain this position. Because of this backlash, the then 23-year-old lady was unable to take the many criticisms and had nearly broken down during a broadcast. Since then, the name Jessica Jung disappeared and months later, Ice Princess took her place. Still, she had feared the probing eyes of the audience and the glare of the camera flashes, deciding to hide herself behind the security of her scarves and let her voice do the talking.

Days went by as Jessica immersed herself in her work, trying hard to he creative and innovative to prove herself, which thankfully paid off. She had managed to gain followers from all ages and all walks of life with her ability to listen attentively and respond sincerely. Her knowledge from extensive reading and research paid off when she managed to answer questions from an anti-fan politely and courteously, earning praises from the staff in the broadcast stations as well as listeners. Since then, the scarves were not to hide herself from criticizers, instead to shield her away from her stalking fans, which she was both grateful and fearful of. Her mysterious image and sweet voice had successfully captured the attention of the listeners and hence, she took off, rising the ranks of popularity in the broadcast stations.

"Hey, let's go out instead? To Taeyeon's resturant. I kind of miss Hyoyeon. Besides, if you were really to reveal your identity on the up-coming comeback, this will probably be one of the last few times you have meals peacefully."

Hearing the suggestion, Jessica gave a groan before lying back down on the couch.

"I don't want. I'm tired."

"Jessica..."

The blonde turned her back towards Tiffany and snuggled in towards the backrest, an arm clamped over her eyes.

"Jessi~~~"

"I don't want... Don't want to go out." Came the whining voice.

"If you aren't going to wake up, maybe I should just tell Taeyeon about it."

"No. I'm up! I'm up! Just give me 5 minutes."

With a leap off the sofa, the girl scurried into the bathroom, grumbling incoherently about Taeyeon and Tiffany. It had came no surprise when the two latter decided to 'punish' her when Tiffany had 'happened' to let out her frustrations to Taeyeon about Jessica, with a particular long, green, slimy fruit called the cucumber and had hid it so expertly in her dish, covering up the smell with sauces. It was only with first bite that Jessica had tasted something weird and foul with her cucumber-sharp senses, which led her to rush into the kitchen only to find baskets of cucumbers at the sink. Unable to withstand the smell, the girl had puked into the nearest pan that she could grab, resulting in Taeyeon having to throw that particular one away reluctantly due to the smell. Even so, the punishment was enough to make Jessica think twice about not obeying Tiffany's words, especially when it is related to the shortest girl.

Finally out of the house, Jessica dragged her feet lazily with Tiffany walking slightly in front of her, looking excitedly at the passing scenery.

"Come'on Jessi. It's not like you are going to hell or something. Can't you be more enthusiastic?"

"Yeah. With a hyperactive girl and wearing this hot scarf in the middle of summer. Try it and you will melt."

"Yeah. I won't, but most probably you will melt before I do, my dear Ice Princess."

Jessica rolled her eyes behind those large black sunglasses, knowing that Tiffany would be able to sense it.

"No use rolling your eyes. I can't see it, and I'm immune to it. But then again, you are the Ice Princess, the polar caps would melt before you do."

Without waiting for a response, Tiffany grabbed Jessica's hand and dragged the reluctant girl towards the restaurant.

~~~

"Unnie! Jessica unnie! Tiffany unnie! Welcome!"

A small young girl greeted the duo at the door with a right angle bow before the latter led them to their seats. As though it was trained and rehearsed, the girl placed the menu in front of the two girls while introducing the restaurant's specialty. All this time, while Tiffany was busy listening to the girl, Jessica was busy staring at the girl with a frown on her face.

"Hyoyeon, why are you doing all these?"

"What?" Came the innocent answer, as Hyoyeon looked up at Jessica who had taken off her scarf and leaving on her sunglasses.

"Why do you seem like, you are working?"

"I'm working. So Jessica unnie, what do you like to eat?"

Hyoyeon took out a pen and paper from her pocket, ready to jot down the orders.

"No, Hyo. Tell Sica unnie the truth. Why are you working? Where's Taeyeon?"

"Unnie is in the kitchen."

A nod from Jessica's head as she leant in closer to the girl, eyes boring deep into the girl's very own.

"Hyo. Tell Sica unnie, why are you working. I know you are always playing somewhere at around this time."

Hyoyeon shrugged as she looked at Jessica innocently.

"Nothing? Unnie says I'm a big girl now, so Hyoyeon has to help out too."

"Really?"

"If Hyoyeon helps out, Unnie will let me learn dance."

The thought of learning dance seemed to widen the smile on Hyoyeon's face as she broke out into a small dance. Upon seeing the cute sight, the two older girls laughed while comforted by how Taeyeon had successfully keep the young child with her without having to worry about the latter running all over the place and getting into trouble.

"Jessica unnie, next time if you need a dancer, Hyoyeon will dance for you on stage. Okay?"

"But unnie only sings ballad."

"Then Hyoyeon will dance slowly."

As if dancing to a slow song, Hyoyeon lifted her arms and tapped on her feet, twirling around as though she was a ballerina. Seeing the youngest who had found her dream, the two older girls could only smile. With a graceful twirl, the girl ended her dance with an elegant bow, earning claps from her first two audience.

"That was good, Hyo."

A proud smile came on the girl's face as she beamed at them.

"Thank you unnie. So... What do you unnies want to eat?"

Bringing their attention back to the menu, the two girls frowned at the wide selection of dish.

"The usual, Hyo." They finally gave up trying to decide on the choices of food, sticking back to their original one.

"Coming right up!" With a slight jump, the active girl skipped into the kitchen before her voice was heard shouting orders at her sister.

Soon after, a heavenly aroma started to drift from the kitchen towards the two hungry girls. Just by the smell of it was able to make mouths water as they kept their glances towards the kitchen, hoping to see the small petite girl running out. Just as they thought, Hyoyeon came walking out, carefully balancing plates between her fingers as the small girl made her way towards the two hungry girls.

"Unnie. Please eat well."

"Thank you, Hyoyeon."

Without any further ado, the two girls dug heartily into the meals, savoring the taste while enjoying the meal. Slurping up the last bit of their meals within minutes, the girls leant back into the chair, smiling satisfactorily while patting their stomachs.

“So where do you want to go now?"

Giving a yawn, the blonde slumped down deeper into the chair, her eyes slowly drooping.

"No where. Just feel like sleeping."

The answer caused the brunette to raise an eyebrow, looking at the sleepy blonde skeptically.

"So you just want to stay here to sleep?"

"Why not?"

"But it's just a nice weather."

Tiffany pouted as she stared dreamily at the weather outside. Jessica, on the other hand, took a peek outside the window before closing her eyes and folding her arms comfortably.

"Yeah... Nice weather to sleep."

Looking at the girl falling asleep, Tiffany huffed as she pouted. Her eyes flickered between the sleeping blonde and the weather outside, debating on whether to wake her up or let her sleep. However, upon looking closer, guilt filled her heart. Dark circles surrounded the blonde's eyes, lips were slightly cracked and face looked slightly pale. She must be dead tired. How cruel of her to pull her out when it was her rare day off. Once again, guilt filled her.

Not willing to look at the sleeping girl, Tiffany stood up, wanting to make her way to the kitchen. However, slim fingers grasped around her wrist and pulled her back, thus causing her to slump down on the blonde's lap. Tiffany opened to speak, but before she could say anything, arms wrapped around her waist, rendering her trapped in the embrace.

With the sudden influx of warmth, the mechanics in the brunette's brain shut down as she clamped shut. There, she sat, surrounded by the arms of her crush, speechless and unmoving.

---

"So Jessica, ready for your comeback?"

A loud voice boomed across the practice room, jolting the said girl from her peaceful daze as she glared at the intruder, almost with hatred in her eyes.

"Oh... Come'on, don't stare at me like that, you know it's useless, plus it kind of ruins your pretty face."

A cheerful smile was returned to her, causing Jessica to shut her eyes, groaning.

"Unnie. That's too much cheerfulness and loudness."

"I thought you might have gotten used to it already since you have been with that barista. I'm pretty sure she is way more cheerful and louder than I am."

"She is. That's why I appreciate my peace and quiet here and I would really appreciate it if you can leave me alone."

A smirk came on the manager's face as she stared at the tired girl. Half of her heart went out to Jessica as the latter practiced day and night for her comeback yet another half of her heart missed the blonde. The duo had not been hanging out together as much ever since Jessica had decided to devote more time to Tiffany.

"Sure. I would."

"Thanks."

"Provided if you introduce your girlfriend to me."

A slight peek of the blonde's right eye caught the sly smirk on her manager's face but ignored it.

"Haven't you met her before?"

"I did. But it was just a brief second. Besides, I don't know much about her right? So I need to meet her to know more."

"Why should I?"

"Well, technically, you are my artiste so as your manager, I should know each and every aspect of your life so that I would know how to respond if anything happens right? Plus you are my favorite dongsaeng, I need to know if the person my younger sister is meeting is a good guy or bad."

"Girl. She's a female."

"Right. Good girl or bad. So how?"

It was a slight pause but Minyoung decided that she should be proactive instead since Jessica did not seem like she was going to reply her question.

"I believe you are meeting her later after your radio show. So we shall go together later then."

Without waiting for any protest, Minyoung scooted off, leaving the blonde to roll her eyes after her.

---

Five thirty sharp. The doorbell chimed as two relatively familiar figures breezed through the doors. Many of the 'patrons' in the cafe immediately raised their cameras as soon as they recognized the familiar scarf and sunglasses. The familiar face of the manager that appeared right behind after further proved their assumptions as they started clicking away.

The duo made their way through the reckless clutters of the tables and chairs towards the countertop before resting their butts on the seats there. Almost immediately, Minyoung glanced around the cafe, apprehensively nodding. Her eyes caught sight of a particular redhead, running back and forth the cashier, pastries and coffee maker, who had a wide smile on her face as she chatted causally with the customers.

"I never knew you liked red headed."

"I never know too, until she decided to dye her hair from brown to red few days ago."

Jessica could only sigh as she watched the busy barista.

Her line of sight was blocked when another shorter brunette came out from the kitchen, carrying a tray of coffee pastries, setting them gently in the display glass before disappearing back in the kitchen once more with the empty tray and returning to help with the seemingly long queue of customers.

Looking at the brunette, Minyoung glanced to her partner, eyeing the two back and forth. Before she could open to speak, Jessica had apparently beaten her to it.

"No."

"No what?"

"Whatever you are thinking of."

"What am I thinking of?"

"You know it. So no. Plus she's taken."

A pout formed on the young manager's face as she stared longingly at the short brunette.

Nearly half an hour later and thousands of trips of running around, trying to get the orders organized, a cup of coffee and a mug of honey was finally placed in front of them with a tired smiling barista standing behind the counter.

"You do know if you wanted to order drinks, you have to queue at the counter right?"

"I know. But I'm not queuing for coffee, I'm queuing for a special order. You know that right?"

A shrugged from the blonde while the manager looked on amused.

"So what may your special order be?"

Feeling playful after a relatively long day, Tiffany decided on playing along.

"I don't know, maybe a certain cup of drink made with love and maybe a certain person?"

"Well, the certain cup of drink I believe you wanted is right in front of you and a certain person, I'm pretty sure it's not on the menu."

A smile formed on Jessica's face as she propped her arms on the counter and eyed the red head in front of her.

"That's why I said it was special order. It wasn't meant to be on the menu. Besides, I don't like sharing."

On hearing the sentence, Tiffany blushed, pale pink spread on her cheeks as she turned away.

"Well, you do know that I'm just right beside you, within earshot of whatever that you two are talking about and also you both are in a cafe where fans are taking pictures of you two right?"

A shrug from Jessica as she proceeded to drink her honey calmly while Tiffany suddenly busied herself with the washing of dishes.

It took a moment before the barista was willing to face the DJ and her manager again, this time making sure that her cheeks had turned back to normal color.

"So Minyoung unnie, what brings you here?"

"Why? Afraid that I will disrupt your date?"

"No. Just that I seldom see you in the past one year and even if I did, we never really talked, so I was just surprised."

"Right! That was what I was saying. Despite knowing each other for nearly a year and slightly more, I guess we don't really know each other that well. Jessica here likes to keep her things and people private so she doesn't really talk much about you besides that occasional silly smile on her face."

"I don't have a silly smile." A pout formed on Jessica's face.

"But being the best manager and her older sister, I guess I just needed to know more things about you. You know, when management asks?"

"But the fans already knows I'm dating her." Jessica interrupted.

"Precautions dear, precautions." A sigh escaped the manager's mouth. "I should have never come along here with you."

"And I should have never bring you along with me."

A huff and the DJ singer turned around, facing the crowd and allowing fans to click away, thankful at the chance of their idol facing them without any obstacles in between.

Tiffany and Minyoung stared at the blonde's antics, amused at the sight the latter was displaying, a contrast to her usual cool and secretive look. The duo however, decided on ignoring her, turning back to their conversation instead, leaving the blonde to pout.

----

News update: Is the Ice Princess melting?

-TBC-

 

 

A/N: Short and sweet. See you guys next week.