At Eighteenth Sound

At First Sound

“My team had checked through the sites, no articles have been published as of now. YBC has written a message announcing that there will be bigger and juicer news related to the scandal to be released upon further investigation.” The only man in the vehicle announced, much to the relief of the passengers.

“I supposed that juicier news would be about the bribery case that we found out.” Taeyeon asked.

“That’s my guess all right.”

“Even if we give them that, wouldn’t Jessica still be included in the list? Technically, she’s in that list.”

“That’s what I can’t guarantee. We could take out her name, but people are going to be curious as to what our relationship is with Kim Jishul. We are neither the police nor reporters; it’s already against the laws as to how we obtain the information. I could lose my license for that.”

“We know and we thank you for that. I’m just worried that Jessica will be dragged into all these.”

“Whether she wants or not, she’s already in it and she is not going to clear her name anytime soon without concrete evidence.”

“How is she going to do that? Test for ity or something?” Taeyeon frowned while the man laughed.

“I don’t know. But that’s how entertainment industry is. Guilty till proven innocent. Still, even if you have been proven innocent, the fact that you were even part of the investigation shows that you are suspicious. There’s no such thing as totally innocent, Taeyeon. The only thing we are sure of is YBC and KBC would not post any article regarding the tryst yet.”

“I know. I’m just worried.” Taeyeon looked towards the man gratefully. “Thank you Lawyer Kwon.”

Tiffany stared at the screen, unable to believe her eyes. Her constant click of the refresh button proved that there was no new article about the entertainment industry was appearing. Chats on the webpage had also proven with the constant bombardment of netizens who were ‘dying’ to know who the female celebrity was.

A small twitch appeared on her face as Tiffany relaxed her tense muscles. At least all hope was not lost. There might still be some hope for her, for them.

Driving up to the building, Jessica could feel the tension in the car. The moment they were to step out of the vehicle, there would be no turning back.

“Jessica, are you sure? We could just lodge a report with the police and get them to investigate without actually revealing yourself. Lawyer Kwon and his team would settle it for us and you could go back to being your DJ and singing.”

“Unnie-“

“I know it’s my fault for landing you into this. If not for my second of waver, you wouldn’t be here, we wouldn’t be here. The worst was I could lose my job but-“

“Minyoung unnie.” Jessica interrupted. “I’m going down either way, so he’s going down with me.”

With that, Jessica stepped out of the car, slamming the door shut behind her with a determined face.

“I just pity those who would be pulled down together, not that they were innocent or anything.” Taeyeon muttered, earning nods from the other two.

Sitting down in a meeting room secluded at the far end of the hallway, Lawyer Kwon, who was sitting near the head of the table, followed by Minyoung, Taeyeon and Jessica sat silently, each deep in their thoughts. Nervousness, anxiousness, worried, concerned, fear were all embroiled into one. The only person who seemed relatively calm as compared to the other three was Lawyer Kwon. After all he had been dealing with similar cases for the past twenty years or so.

The door opened and a man strolled in, carrying a file and a laptop with him. Placing them down, he looked towards the four occupants, a smile on his face.

“I’m Mr Choi Jinyoung, chief editor of YBC news.”

“Lawyer Kwon.” The lawyer stood up to introduce himself, extending a hand.

“And these ladies?”

“My assistants. I’m really sorry, but two of them have been working late in the night and have sore eyes, hence the sunglasses.”

Choi Jinyoung nodded his head as he settled down comfortably in his seat.

“I believe you have come with good news, as spoken over the phone.”

“Yes, we do. But first, we would like to see the pictures your informer have given you.”

“Why would I do that? It’s supposed to be an exclusive article.”

“Which I believe, might not be that exclusive anymore once your new site failed to publish it.”

“And why would I believe you?”

“As I have said over the phone, we have clues on the mastermind behind these and promised to exchange better news, haven’t we? I would just like to confirm the amount of information you have.“

“That will be up to us isn’t it? It’s either you give us the information and we will check against what we have already found out, or you can read the article once it’s out.” Choi Jinyoung smirked, clearly having the upper hand.

“Sure. Then we have nothing more to discuss.” Lawyer Kwon stood up, prompting the other three to stand up too. “I’m sure SBC or MSC would love to have the extra information. I’m sorry for taking up your time.”

With a nod, Lawyer Kwon gave a curt bow and walked towards the door. The moment his hand touched the doorknob, ready to open the door when Choi Jinyoung stopped him.

“I will let you in on the information we have, but I demand exclusivity.”

A bright smile appeared on Lawyer Kwon’s face, only to be masked as he turned around facing the chief editor.

“Definitely. My client doesn’t like lawsuits either.”

Breaking news

Hotel Tryst Female Revealed

SBC has received a tip off from an anonymous letter regarding the scandal that had caught the nation’s attention.

The following photos have been together with the letter, giving us permission to publish them. As all of us know, the man, Kim Jishul was a producer for KBC’s radio station 89.9FM while the female had been revealed to be Jessica Jung, an intern who used to be part of the daily segment “Don’t go don’t go”.

For those who may not know who those two main leads are, everythingkpop has decided to provide viewers with the background information. Kim Jishul used to be a famous and influential producer of 89.9FM. He is talented in scouting new radio hosts and grooming them
into fantastic hosts with personalities. He had also produced some famous segments such as “Don’t go don’t go”, “Please accept my love”, “Happy ever after” that were well received by listeners all over Korea. Broadcasts that were produced by him would guarantee listeners. However, a scandal broke out accusing him of sleeping with female celebrities for briberies to ‘earn’ a spot on his radio show as guests, but he was sent to America 7 years ago to work for KBC’s American counterpart. He left 2 years later, setting up his own radio broadcast company for Koreans before expanding to the Americans, which garnered heaps of praise from Americans – a no easy feat for an Asian. Kim Jishul is currently back in Korea and there were rumors of him delving into the television sector. Hence, if all those trysts with female celebrities were true, it’s time to add new categories on his list.

As for Jessica Jung, she was on an internship in KBC, studying to become a radio DJ. She host the daily segment called “Don’t go don’t go” in Maybee’s Volume Up on 89.9FM. Her melodious voice and sweet personality had garnered her attention and fans and she was most anticipated upcoming radio DJ after her internship ended. However, KBC announced one day that Jessica Jung would not be signing a contract with KBC as a full-fledged radio host and had disappeared into thin air. Nobody knew where she was or how to contact her. Even her fans had gone out to look for her but nobody had a clue.

HOWEVER, the anonymous letter had also revealed that our long lost DJ Jessica Jung is actually a current DJ on 89.9FM. She is none other than our Ice Princess. Known for her sweet voice that could melt hearts of men and women, the Ice Princess has once and again insisted on keeping a mysterious appearance, consisting of her enormous Blanc and Elcaire sunglasses and scarves. However, with this recent revelations, netizens have started digging out possible affiliations and past photos of the two, which included them being photographed at a party. While some fans have started to turn their backs on the DJ and demanding to take her programme down, others remained steadfast in supporting her, citing it was a past mistake.

With this latest news, it seemed that there might be more drama waiting to unfold. Stay glued to your computer screens as everythingkpop brings you the latest news.

Reading through the article, Tiffany was at a loss at what to think nor how to react. The extent of the article and the reactions of netizens and fans stunned her. She watched as fans started reacting negatively to the article, many tweeting to KBC’s radio producer to take the Ice Princess off the afternoon slot, while others posting malicious and degrading comments.

Scrolling through the comments, Tiffany felt her heart ache. She knew she should stop scrolling before it was too late, but she could not help it. It hurt to know that fans who were once supporting her had turned their backs on her and listeners who once praised her were insulting her. The only thing that made her feel somewhat better was that Jessica was not part of any idol group that was famous throughout Korea, neither did she have any hardcore crazy fans. That was her only console.

Reaching out to her phone, she fiddled with it hesitantly. Her finger scrolled towards a particular name and hovered over the call button. As much as she wanted to call her, she was worried. She was not sure if it was better to have her call rejected or ignored. After a minute of thinking, she decided on an alternative. Pressing down a few buttons on her phone, she hit the ‘send’ button and leaned back into her seat, anxious and concerned of the blonde.

The phone vibration sounded in the room, interrupting the solemn discussion that was going on. Immediately, a hand reached out, silencing it with a press of a button and a nod of the head to indicate her apology.

Are you okay?

She frowned at the message, surprised at the sender and unsure of the reply. Instead she chose to ignore as she tried to focus on the discussion again. Few moments later, her phone vibrated in her pocket.

No matter what happens, I will still be your fan.

She frowned deeper, trying to decode the message. Glancing at the other four occupants in the room who seemed to be deep in discussion, she wondered if they were doing the right thing. However, before she could continue processing her thoughts, a phone ring interrupted the discussion once more. Excusing himself, Lawyer Kwon picked up the call.

“Yes… I see… Continue monitoring, we will discuss more when we get back.”

Putting down the phone, Lawyer Kwon took a quick glance towards his three companions with a frown appearing on his forehead. He took a few moments to compose himself before turning back to the chief editor.

“I’m afraid there is a change of direction in our discussion.”

The sentence caught everyone by surprise as all attention turned towards the lawyer.

“It seems like Kim Jishul has decided to leak the news through another news portal.” Lawyer Kwon casted another glance towards his companions. “We will still go through with what we have discussed and in addition to that, we will also be filing a police case against Kim Jishul.”

“We can do whatever that is discussed, but YBC gets the exclusivity of all information.”

“Definitely.”

As the discussion droned on, Jessica’s mind had already flown elsewhere. As much as she wanted to look through the new sites, she was afraid of what she may found. She was afraid of the comments. She scoffed inwardly. She was still that coward who was afraid of people’s opinions, just like the person she was years ago.

Fiddling with her phone, Jessica wondered on her next action when a hand clamped over it. Jessica looked towards the owner, who gave her a reassuring smile as she interlaced their hands together. Taeyeon squeezed her hand affectionately and shaking her head as she sent Jessica a warning glare. She was about to pocket her phone when it vibrated once more.

If you need someone to talk to, I will be here.

-TBC-

 

 

A/N: None.  the last time I did that, I'm getting death threats so ciao!