At Tenth Sound

At First Sound

News update: Is the Ice Princess melting?

According to pictures posted on the Internet, it seemed like the Ice Princess is melting. The Ice Princess was seen in a cafe, supposedly where her girlfriend was working as a barista, with her back turned towards her girlfriend and manager as she pouted. For the first time, the Ice Princess, who had always avoided the cameras as much as she could, was paying no attention to those around her as fans snapped away happily,

Witnesses had revealed that despite still covered in her usual scarf and sunglasses, they could see smiles on her face as she conversed with her girlfriend and manager. It was also believed that the girlfriend of the Ice Princess had 'ganged' up with her manager to , hence causing her to turn around, facing the crowd with a pout.

Photos of the Ice Princess had been circulating around the Internet for the past hour and netizens who have seen the photos could not help but comment.

[+1,483 -523] "It was really adorable."

[+374 -63]"I wish I was the barista."

[+3,632 -758] "Awww... If only the Ice Princess was willing to reveal her face. She would look so cute."

[+835 -234]"Her pout... Faint..."

[+153 – 54] "Gahhh...."

Was this a sign that the Ice Princess is gradually getting used to the attention and would soon be shedding her veil to the public? Would the public be finally able to connect a name to a face? Stay tuned as everythingkpop brings you the latest update of the Ice Princess.

---

"Look at what you make me do."

She huffed as she turned around, her back facing the redhead as she crossed her arm. The latter simply stared after her, expressionless as she scrolled through the website, showcasing the pictures that the photographer had taken the day before. It seemed as though the photographer was capturing shots per millisecond, as the expressions of the 'taken' Ice Princess seemed to change gradually with every picture.

"You look cute though."

"Really?"

Silence reined the air as the redhead failed to answer the question, her focus mainly on the pictures as she engrossed herself in it, like a kid fascinated with his new toys.

Seeing her 'girlfriend' so much into the pictures, Jessica pouted before taking a peep at the website once more. It had seemed that Tiffany was no more on the particular webpage but had moved on to another one, which has pictures of the main character once again. This time, it was pictures of the Ice Princess singing before the audience in an outdoor charity event. In the pictures, as usual, the Ice Princess was wearing a veil, covering her features. However, as contrast to all the other pictures, it seemed that the photographer was trying to make out her face with the various angles. Front, top, left, right, bottom left, bottom right, top left, top right, basically all angles were covered. Looking at the pictures, Jessica frowned at the screen before slumping her head into her arms with a groan.

"Maybe you should really reveal yourself to the public. Look there's pictures from another event.

Tiffany opened another window, showcasing another hundred over pictures from the same photographer.

"And another... Another... And another..."

With every word of "another", Tiffany clicked on the different tabs, scrolling down randomly and showcasing the various pictures of the Ice Princess, yet Jessica was not impressed.

"Why are people just so interested in knowing how I look? What if the Ice Princess happen to be ugly or hideous, will they not like her anymore?"

Jessica stared off into space, oblivious to how she had mumbled her thoughts aloud. A quick glance told Tiffany that Jessica was deep in thoughts with her eyebrows furrowed. The former watched, as the latter's face contorted into various expressions, hesitation, confusion, restlessness and maybe, a tiny trace of fear and insecurity.

Sighing inwardly, Tiffany reached out to wrap her arms around the blonde's waist, snuggling closer to her. Nothing was said, yet it was clearly understood.

---

"Good afternoon everyone, the song you have just heard was Everyday Love by Girls' Generation. Indeed, everyday is a lovely day if you are able to spend time with your loved ones. Definitely one of the best ways to spend this lovely afternoon. If it was me, I would rather be spending time with my loved ones than working here. But then again, that would mean leaving my fans alone, which I'm reluctant to. How many of us would prioritize family over work, or work over family? Send in your answers or messages to #8005 and you stand a chance to win..."

The sweet voice drawled on, causing the girl who was sweeping the floor smile. Indeed, everyday is a lovely day because she had someone to look forward to everyday, who would come to the cafe without fail despite her busy schedule, who was able to make her smile with simply her appearance.

"Before we move on to the second part of the show, let's look at the messages of some of our listeners. #8403-nim mentioned, as much as she wanted to spend time with her husband and kids, it was tough juggling work and family. #5740-nim said time flies when he spends time with her girlfriend but time crawls like a snail when at work. #5728-nim screamed "Wow!! 2 more hours till end of work. I'll be sad when the Ice Princess's show ends, but I'm still happy because my boss loves the Ice Princess so he will always allow the show to broadcast in the company." Thank you, thank you #5728-nim and his boss for supporting me. It really made my day. #7493-nim asked if I wanted to spend more time singing or with my girlfriend. Hmm... that's really a tough question. As much as I love my girlfriend, I also love my fans, so I will try to juggle my time well. Alright, with that we will end of the first part and move on to the second part of the show."

Her voice faded off and advertisement came on, causing the daydreaming barista to jolt out of her daze. It was then that Tiffany realized she had been standing in the same spot for the past ten minutes. A quick turn of her head towards the counter to find Sunny standing at her usual spot, dishing out beverages and pastries to the customers with a big smile on her face. Frown clouded on Tiffany's face as she stared at the bubbly smile of the short girl, wondering why her cranky boss had not scolded her for daydreaming. A slight shift of her position and Tiffany found the reason behind those smiles. Sitting in the corner of the cafe facing the window was another equally short girl whose pale skin radiated glow from the sunlight.

No wonder Sunny had not scolded her. That little boss wanted to stand by the counter longer, most probably to look, stare, observe that customer of hers. A smirk formed on her lips as she noticed that customer happened to be someone she knew fairly well. Sashaying her way over towards the oblivious girl, she sat down directly in front of her, startling the poor girl.

"Hi Tiffany. You are alone here today? Where's Jessica?"

A shrug of her shoulders as she pointed to the speaker above them.

"Oh... I forgot she has radio at this timing."

Another shrug of her shoulders as Tiffany caught a glimpse of Sunny frowning at them at the side of her eyes. It was almost she could see the girl turning green as the latter kept on staring, not bothering to even conceal herself. Tiffany chuckled softly as she turned back to face the lone girl.

"So, what are you doing here at this time of the day? Shouldn't you be busy or something?"

"Lunch time."

"With just muffins and coffee?"

Another shrug. Once again, Tiffany peeked at Sunny who now seemed to have steam appearing from the two sides of her ears.

"Or are you here to see someone?"

The question seemed to startle the girl as she looked down almost immediately, seemingly embarrassed by the question. However, before Tiffany could pry more, a jingle of the door chime and faint screams from outside announced the arrival of a certain someone the barista had been waiting for. With a graceful twirl, the new intruder took her seat beside Tiffany, her arm wrapped around the latter's waist as she leant in for a quick kiss on the cheek, causing louder screams to be heard from outside and camera flashes through the window.

"I should have chosen a corner seat away from the window instead."

The girl mumbled under her breath as she picked up her coffee, trying to ignore the constant flashes and screams beside her ears. Jessica could only smile sheepishly as she flashed a small smile to those pressing their faces outside the window while Tiffany sighed at the thought of having to clean those oily spots.

That's probably what would happen when one gets a famous girlfriend and friend.

---

Sitting side by side in a private empty booth of the cafe, away from the prying eyes of others, silence hung in the air as the two enjoyed the rare silence with Tiffany leaning on the blonde's head and playing with her finger.

It was hours after the cafe had closed to which Sunny had miraculously and graciously allowed Tiffany to stay on for extra hours without much reaction, probably already fuming mad for slight talking with the girl by the windows. Sunny had figured that the mysterious stranger was probably somebody who knew Jessica and a rather regular customer.

"I'm preparing my next album."

A soft whisper broke the peaceful silence. Tiffany hummed in acknowledgement.

"Aren't you curious?"

Another hum.

"Unnie said maybe it was a good idea to reveal myself to the public. She said the public would definitely love me."

Another hum.

"I'm going to reveal all of me, my face, my body everything."

Hum again.

"My newest concept will be bikini outfit. You know, standing on stage and slowly stripping off everything? Like a stripper."

Once again, a hum greeted the nearly frustrated girl.

"Aren't you bothered by it? Everyone is going to see me. Aren't you just a bit jealous?"

This time silence greeted her.

"I hate you. I'm going home."

The frustrated girl stood up, pouting. Just as she was about to walk off, a pair of arms wrapped tightly around her waist, pulling her onto her lover's lap.

"You are going nowhere."

The deep husky voice whispered closely to her ears, sending shivers down the blonde's spine.

"Why aren't you answering me?"

"Aren't you tired of talking? You have been talking the whole day."

"Are you saying that I'm a nag? That I'm too talkative."

Tears were almost ready to sprung out of the blonde's eyes, but Tiffany nuzzled deeper into the former's neck.

"You are not. I love your voice, but you know how your voice is like. I don't want it to crack tomorrow."

"But I want to talk to you. I've been either talking to the producers, to myself in the radio show, to my fans and all other people except you. I want to talk to you."

The blonde pouted, tears still circling around in her eyes.

"But I don't."

The slight pause caused tears to roll down Jessica's cheeks as she pouted and struggled to get up, only to be met with tighter resistance from the arms circled around her waist.

"I want to talk to you instead. I hear so much of your voice that I'm jealous I'm not the only one. But I know you are tired, tired of the constant screams from your fans and the constant flashes of the cameras that all you want is just silence."

"But..."

"Shh... I'm not a celebrity like you, I don't know what it is like to be one, but I can see that you are tired. Preparing for your comeback album must be tiring. It doesn't matter what your concept is because all those are not the real you. The real you is only when you are with me and that's all that matters. People can see your face, your body and every part of you. I admit I'm jealous, but it doesn't matter because I get to touch all of those."

A cheeky smile formed on Tiffany's face, breaking the serious atmosphere. As if honoring her words, fingers began to wiggle about, one hand lifting to touch Jessica's cheeks while the other slowly slipping under the girl's clothes touching her stomach, causing Jessica to squirm about and her face nuzzling deeper into the blonde's neck placing light kisses, causing the latter to blush.

"See! That's why I'm special. I bet no fans can make you blush like that and no fans can make you squirm. In fact, none of them can touch you at all. So it doesn't matter what your concept is or whatever you are going to reveal because I'm still going to love you all the same. Your fans are also going to love you because Jessica Jung, the Ice Princess is beautiful in and out."

"Really?" Her voice cracked again.

"Hmm... On second thoughts, maybe not. Jessica Jung is the Ice Princess, used to be cold and strange and has this trademark blank face which shows no expression and is scary and..."

A hit on her shoulders and Tiffany stopped, looking up into the pouting face of the Ice Princess.

"Are you sure you are the Ice Princess? The Ice Princess would never pout."

"The Ice Princess would also never take off her signature sunglasses and scarf."

"Yeah. But the Ice Princess is melting. Besides, I like this Ice Princess better. I can see her eyes and expressions clearly."

A content smile formed on Tiffany's face as she hugged the girl on her lap tighter while the latter leant her head against the red-haired.

"Maybe, people would also like this Ice Princess better."

"They will, they definitely will."

-TBC-

 

A/N: Enjoy the 'cute'(?) interactions while you can, coz the only way from these happiness is to go down. Don't say I did not warn. See ya next week!