At Seventeenth Sound

At First Sound

Countdown: 3 hrs 18 mins 26 sec

 

A mysterious counter has appeared on YBC’s homepage, teasing that they had big news to release. The appearance of the countdown had prompted netizens to debate about the teasers, speculating that it was about the hotel tryst scandal that had been hot news circulating around the entertainment industry.

It had also prompted fans of various ‘suspicious’ female celebrities to quicken their investigation, posting pictures and accounts of the females not being associated to Kim Jishul or not in the area where the said tryst had taken place. Till now, Kim Jishul remained uncontactable despite his ringing phone.

Meanwhile, various agencies of the speculated female celebrities have spoken up, some providing pictures of their schedule books. With the ladies being eliminated one by one, the possibilities narrow down.

As the timer ticked down, it is a race to find out who the mysterious female is. Till then, stay tune as everythingkpop brings you the newest report on every clues and investigation.

Flipping through the pictures once more, Tiffany frowned. Despite the hundredth time she had seen the pictures, she still could not believe the lady in the pictures. It was taken at such intimate, close up position that the photographer would have to be nearly an inch away from her face to even snap a shot.

She had wanted to confront Jessica with the pictures, but the moment the door opened, she had forgotten what she was going to talk about. All she could remember was the lady pushing her away, refusing to let her in, and it had hurt. However, despite the lady’s reluctance, she still followed the updates of the news well. She had an instinct that the latest hotel tryst scandal involved the DJ-singer and Minyoung’s warning seemed to serve as a caution too.

She sighed. She had wanted so much to contact with somebody who was close with Jessica, who would be able to give light on the situation, but unfortunately for her, she did not have Seohyun’s contact while Minyoung and Taeyeon remained uncontactable. Even Hyoyeon seemed to be nowhere to be found.

She sighed once more as she looked around her place. Having Jessica spent so much time together; the place reeked of her presence and memory. Everywhere she turned, she could imagine the expression and posture of the lady. Now that she was alone, it felt so empty and lifeless. She sighed once more. Perhaps she should have press for an explanation.

Papers were strewn on the table; pictures were lined up in dates and time. Seven heads remained bent above the table as they worked hard to sort everything out. It was a race against time and a quick check on the clock told them they had only two and half hours left to sort everything. Hands quickly flipped through, eyes darting quickly yet meticulously, fingers writing messily yet coherently as they placed the papers in stacks.

It took another hour or so to have everything placed in order and another hour to compile their files together. By then, two hours had passed, thirty minutes left to the release of the article. Immediately, they phoned a call to the YBC in attempt to clamp down the article, but after numerous tries, the lines were still engaged.

Time ticked down slowly, but the group could wait no more. Deciding that half the team would continue phone calling the news agency, the other half would make their way towards the agency office. Dashing down the stairs, they made their way to the carpark in record time and drove off with all of its passengers anxious and worried.

Staring at each tick of the seconds, he counted in his heart. The eruption was soon. True that his target may not be some famous idol that could have the nation in tears because of a compulsory military service, neither was she part of a couple from two famous group that could have wars raged over them, nor was she a celebrity that could shake earth and part seas. But he knew, tryst was taken seriously in Korea, especially those that was exchanged for benefits. People might forget it within days, but whenever her name was brought up, that was what she would be remembered for - somebody who exchanged fame and glory with her body. Her career would be crushed with no hope of rebuilding. That would be his revenge.

He smirked. Seventeen minutes left. It would be fun to see her reaction and those of others. His hand reached out to pick up his phone, making a quick phone call. The power of media. It would be a one shot, one hit.

Slamming a palm over the steering wheel, she cursed at the never-ending line of cars. Drivers were slamming impatiently on their horns, but the vehicles were not moving at all. Glancing at her watch, she muttered profanities; deep frowns appearing on her face.

Behind in the passenger seat, Jessica looked out of the window in daze. Gone was her scarf but her sunglasses remained in place, serving as a shield. Despite her calm appearance, her heart was pounding furiously and her hands were starting to become clammy, but she made no movement to wipe them. In her palms, she cradled her hand phone tightly as though waiting for something to happen.

Beside her, Taeyeon sat silently. Her eyes making frequent glances to the solemn DJ. Though Jessica may not say anything, she knew the former was worried. Silently, she reached over, resting her palm on Jessica’s leg as a form of comfort.

“Hello.” A deep voice interrupted the tensed silence. “You have managed to get through them? Put them on the phone.”

Immediately, the other three occupants in the car tensed as their ears perked up at the conversation.

“Yes, Mr Yong. We have made a police report against the photographer and the police are investigating the breach of privacy. I understand that you may have some pictures that might harm my client’s reputation and I would like you to put a hold on it. Please be assured that if YBC or any news portal under YBC publishes any articles that mention or hint my client, I would be filing a lawsuit against the company. Besides, I have better and more news-worthy case for YBC if we make the deal.” He paused, listening intently on the phone.

“Yes. It’s about Kim Jishul. I understand that Kim Jishul had once been investigated for taking bribes from entertainment companies, I can tell you these people, and companies include the big names in the industry. I am not asking you for much, but all I’m asking for is to put a halt on the article and make sure that no agencies, including those under YBC. My team will be monitoring all news websites, and if they see any article relating to the hotel tryst scandal, I would assume that YBC had leaked out the information.”

“Yes. Thank you. We will be seeing you soon.”

With that the man hung up the phone. He cast a glance towards the seemingly nonchalant lady.

“YBC has agreed to take down the article on the exchange that we give them a better news. But even though I have threatened them, they can’t guarantee that no news agency would publish the article. We could only be assured that major websites would not be publishing anything in the next five minutes. As for smaller websites, we would take steps to shut it down the moment any article is published. Hopefully it would reduce the impact.”

Two huge relieved sighs were heard in the car as two of the occupants let out the breath they had been holding. The main and last one, however, remained gazing outside the window.

“He will go down with me if I drown.”

Hitting F5 on her keyboard repeatedly, Tiffany stared at the countdown timer. She was getting nervous and worried, afraid that everything would be exposed in the next two minutes. All the pictures she had, all the worries Jessica used to share to her, all the things that Jessica had worked hard for would crumble to ashes once the clock hit zero. Despite Jessica’s reluctance to share her troubles with her, she was still concerned of the former.

One minute.

Tiffany was getting restless. Her fingers continued hitting on F5, each time harder and more impatient than the previous time. In truth, Tiffany was not sure what she was waiting for, uncertain what she was hoping for. The webpage was loading slowly due to high traffic volume and chats about the scandal had sprung up everywhere, attracting both Korean and international fans.

30 seconds.

Her finger continued hitting on F5, her heart waiting for the inevitable. Whatever that meant to be will be. She bit down on her lips nervously.

20 seconds.

She clenched her teeth tightly, her eyes glued to the screen.

10 seconds.

Her heart pounded fast and she muttered a short prayer. Her finger hit the F5 button once more as she waited impatiently for the page to load when all of a sudden, her eyes opened wide in disbelief.

The countdown timer was gone.

-TBC-

 

 

 

 

A/N: being an awesome spoiler I am,  yes it's gonna end soon. And being the awesome author I am, the story has already been set and any amount of whining, complaining anger and insults are not going to make me melt. So being the awesome person I am, I kindly advice you to prepare a punching bag. And being the awesome readers you guys are, you guys are going to look forward to my next story right? 

Ps: I'm into Soshibang these past weeks. So I'm  conflicted.