Fixing it.

Love Potion #89: Clumsy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fixing it. 

For once the girls decided to stay indoors and eat at the school cafeteria. The food was decent that day. Innah who arrived last at their table noticed Camille paying more attention to her phone rather than the conversations going on around her. “Who are you talking to?” She asked as she sat down.

“Jonghyun.” Camille answered.

The conversations immediately stopped. The name caused the other girls with them look at Camille with interest.

“You mean the blonde honest to God, hot rebel singer at Freedom?!!” Jill was beaming at the mention of him.

Camille nodded without looking away from her phone. These days she was acting like Andrea, always on her phone because of a boy.

When everyone else at their table still looking at her, she stopped typing and looked at her friends with an arched brow.  “Is there something wrong with that? Because the last time I’ve checked, there’s no law forbidding me talking to other boys.”

“but… he’s different” Angela lamely reasoned out.

“You mean different from Onew sunbae?” Kat teased.

“Ssh!” Ash lightly slapped Kat’s shoulder.

Kat merely shrugged.

Camille rolled her eyes at them, not bothering to make a comment.

“Since when are you friends with Jonghyun? You do remember that he used his friends to kidnap you…” Dani said pointing her plastic fork at her friend.

“When I ditched school the other day…” She replied.

“Ooh, a date!” Andrea gushed excitedly.

She rolled her eyes then smiled. “It wasn’t a date.”

“But your face tells us otherwise.” Dani grinned at her.

Jill clapped once and smirked at Camille. “I almost forgot about that. You owe us big time for that stunt you pulled. You’re lucky we saved your .”

“Fine. I owe you one favor.” Once again, she couldn’t stop rolling her eyes at them. She’d been doing that around her friends frequently since she’d been the topic most of the time.

“One favor each.” Jill bartered.

“That’s asking too much!” Mhil exclaimed. Knowing her friends, those favors would be costly.

“Nope. That’s what we deserve after doing a disappearing act on us and making us all worried about you.” Dani agreed with Jill.

“Fine.”  Camille sighed knowing that once Dani and Jill joined forces, they were a force to be reckoned with. There was no other choice but to yield. “Enough about me. I think it’s time to talk about Angela sneaking…”

Suddenly, the topic turned to Angela.

 “Me sneaking? I’m not sneaking.” Angela replied, shaking her head in denial.

Dani narrowed her eyes and made a noise that she didn’t believe a word she said.. “That face says it all. You’re a bad liar Gela.”

“No use lying to us dear. My Sehun saw you one time with a man~” Andrea added with a smirk. “How could you not tell your best friend about him?”

At the mention of the word ‘man’, everyone was demanding details.

“Andrea you said man, not a boy.” Innah had her lips forming an ‘o’.

“Yup. Man.” She nodded with a wicked grin.

“Ooh~” Everyone said in unison.

The attention had Angela dying of embarrassment. “Unnie! Andrea!”

 

“Oppa~” She sang with her high-pitch cutesy voice.

Luna’s being her annoying self again.

Now that Camille was almost non-existent to Onew nowadays. The blonde student was capitalizing all of the male student’s time. Every time Luna brushes her hand to Onew’s arm, Camille couldn’t stop from wrinkling her nose in disgust.

She furiously clicked on one of the buttons on her computer screen. This school festival gig was getting on her nerves.

On what she thought was a great opportunity turned out to be the worst moments of her ongoing high school life.

Camille sighed to herself and did her best to focus on the computer screen in front of her. She couldn’t wait to finish the damn thing and be done with this committee thing.

“Are you done yet, Onew oppa?” Luna was acting all cute and girly around Onew.

That cutesy voice was making her wince and shiver at the same time. She’s not sure how long she can take of this torture.

Knowing what was happening not far from her, her hand furiously clicks on the buttons on her screen some more.

Her phone suddenly rang, making her heart jump a foot away from her body. She cursed at herself and grabbed the phone from her bag. She looked at the screen and chuckled.

Who else would distract her from the situation except Kim Jonghyun. Ever since she skipped school, Jonghyun had been frequently bugging her. She didn’t know what came to her mind when she agreed to give her number to him.  

Pretty girl, come out and play with me

~ Blondie

She shook her head at Jonghyun’s name for himself. He boasted a couple of days ago that girls were clamoring for his number. Of course, Camille was an exception.

Her fingers worked quickly to type a message:

Can’t. Still Busy…

~Mhil

Not even a minute has passed when her phone rang again.

Ditch?

Shaking her head in amusement, Camille replied quickly.

No. You’re being a bad influence on me…

Jonghyun seemed to be a master at text messaging that her phone rang not long after she sent her last message.

Me? You’re the one that ditched school the other day…

She would have replied but the messages didn’t stop.

Please… Come out and play!

 

 

I won’t stop!

 

 

Camille….

 

 

I’ll be a good boy~

 

 

Please….

 

The seemingly like endless messages have Camille staring at her phone helplessly. Her ringtone rang continuously, beginning to annoy the other students around her especially Luna.

“Excuse me but if you’re only busy with your phone, I suggest you leave. You’re disturbing the other members.” Luna interrupted with a smirk.

She looked up from her phone and almost expressed her displeasure when she saw Luna’s expression.

Everyone in the room was now looking at her and Luna.

Camille wanted to point out that she was the one disturbing her earlier. Luna wasn’t even part of their committee. It was no secret that she was here for Onew.

She bit her lip, trying to contain her irritation towards the female student.

“Sorry.” She apologized to the rest of the committee excluding Luna.

Her eyes wandered at Onew who was looking away with his head almost buried to whatever he was working on. This made her growing dislike for Luna worsen.

Choosing between play and work, play was looking more tempting now more than ever. She decided that if she spends another moment in Luna’s presence and Onew’s continued avoidance, it was better to finish work at home. She would be more productive and finish earlier.

Her weekend was free. 2 days would definitely enough to get it done.

“Sheath your claws she-devil. I’ll be out of your hair this minute.” she muttered before saving her work in a portable drive and gathered her things.

She didn’t bother turning off the computer and got out as soon as she have what she needed. While walking out of school, she left Jonghyun a message,

Where are you?

 

Getting home late in the evening was unplanned but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter