Something's Brewing

Love Potion #89: Clumsy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something's Brewing. 

Previously:

“Kim Jonghyun. I see you were back to your old tricks again.” A new voice interrupted the blonde’s happy moment.

She snapped her face towards the source of the voice and thought that it was the end of the world.

Onew came barreling into the room with an expression that looked like he wanted to bash someone’s face. Anger rose from his body upon seeing Jonghyun wrapping his arms around the female.

The female froze immediately pushed herself away from the handsome singer. Her cheeks flushed and hid her expression with her hair.

The blonde singer glared at his bandmates. Kyuhyun raised his hands in surrender. “Don’t look at me like that. Not our fault that your girl was a screamer.”

“I’m not his girl!”

“She’s not his!”

Both Camille and Onew screamed in unison. Their voices echoed throughout the place.

Jonghyun scowled at Onew while he looked a little heart-broken for Camille’s answer.

“Then, is she your girl?” He asked.

Her eyes zeroed on Jonghyun and then to Onew, wanting to hear his answer.

 

“No.” Onew’s answer disappointed Camille.

It felt like rejection even though she didn’t even confess. The following week, Camille was all smiles as she greeted her friends.

She almost frowned but she was able to stop the urge from doing so. She didn’t want them to see how much she wanted the senior student’s answer to be different.

“Really?” Jonghyun, the blonde male didn’t seem to believe his answer. He approached Camille and hooked his arm over her shoulder, bringing her close to his side. “The Jinki that I know don’t do things for a reason. If he wants something, he pursues them.”

“People change. I’m not the same Jinki you knew.” There was a certain edge to his tone. His body language became stiff when he saw his former friend drawing Camille close to him.

Like any normal girl, Camille didn’t move or rather she didn’t know how to react. Should she push? Smack? Scream?

Jonghyun smirked. He didn’t believe his words. “You may act like you changed Jinki but I know better.”

“Drop it Jonghyun. I’m not in the mood to play your games.”

“I don’t believe you.” A light feather kiss touched Camille’s cheek.

Camille made a small noise, completely taken by surprise.

The kiss did something to Onew. He stalked towards Jonghyun and pulled Camille from Jonghyun’s grasp that she ended up in his arms with a thud. His fist hit Jonghyun’s face with such for that the blonde male fell backward.

The whole thing was finished before Jonghyun’s bandmates could react. They stood frozen in shock and disbelief. They also had history with Onew. Along with Jonghyun, the four of them were a band but a girl ruined it all. Onew chose to leave without explanation. Jonghyun kept the band intact.

Instead of retaliating the singer spit the blood on his mouth and smiled to Onew. His teeth were stained with his own blood.

“Now, I remember this Jinki. History repeating itself, right?”

A grim expression rose from Onew’s face with his teasing tone. Instead of replying, he kept his one arm around Camille and left without looking back.

Jonghyun laughed as if it was the funniest thing in the world. Kyuhyun and Taemin didn’t dare intervene.

“Mark my words Jinki. This is not finished.” He said to the empty face in front of him, hearing the metal door slam shut.

 

Once they reached outside, Onew continued walking and kept a firm grip on Camille’s wrist. Like a doll, Camille followed until they were a couple of blocks away.

Jinki’s actions and words were confusing Camille. One minute, he’s caring and then he tells people that she’s not someone important to him.

The punch was uncalled for in her opinion. Onew could have pushed the guy away but was he jealous? Some part of her grinned at seeing Jonghyun on the ground. She hates Jonghyun in some way but so far he wasn’t so bad. She could admit that he’s too much of a bad boy in her taste.

“You’re weird.” Camille observed, trying to see the male’s reaction. “You knew Jonghyun was just playing with you. You guys were friends before. Surely, his tactics were still the same.”

“But the girl he’s messing with is different.” Onew kept walking ahead in front of her and picked up the pace. He didn’t want to stay around longer than necessary.

When he saw her being taken away, he thought he was going crazy. Camille was special to him. He didn’t want to admit it aloud. Onew didn’t see reason why he had to announce it to the whole world. It was too early for romance. He learned it early on when he stopped being friends with Jonghyun.

“I’m not even your girl.” She retorted.

“But you’re my friend.” It made him raise a brow and looked back at her. His expression told her that being his girl had nothing to do with it.

Camille didn’t believe him. “You’re willing to risk your friendship with him for me?”

“We’re not friends anymore.” He answered. His tone had an edge of coldness in it.

 “I’m just saying that my involvement didn’t have to make it worse.”

Her answer had him loose his grip on his emotions that he snapped. He stopped walking and let go of her wrist.

“Fine. What do you want me to say?” He spread his arms tiredly and let it fall to his sides. “He kissed you! And it bugged the hell out of me. Happy?”

A blush rose from both their cheeks.

“It’s not even on the lips.” She acted like it didn’t affect her. To tell the truth, Camille was pretty shaken up for Jonghyun was the only guy to kiss her cheek or any part of her body from the opposite for that matter.

“Don’t you dare let guys kiss you.” He threatened, pointing a finger at her.

Camille laughed at how ridiculous he sounded. She wrapped her arms around her stomach, laughing until it hurts to breathe. It was as if he was staking a claim on her.

“What? Onew-sunbae you’re not even my boyfriend.” She said, catching her breath and looked at him.

He puffed out his chest and pouted, looking really embarrassed. “I’m just watching out for you.” He lamely replied.

She chuckled and shook her head. “Fine. Let’s get back to school. My bag’s still there.”

His words made the butterflies in her stomach flip, making her feel like a total girl.

He nodded. His cheeks still had a tint of pink and led the way.

 

A couple of days later…

Ash and Kat, Camille’s friends smiled and noticed her unusual chirpy attitude so early in the morning. It was cold but it didn’t deter the smile Camille had on her face.

It took Camille’s friends a couple of seconds to register the change in her. They were taken aback that their jaws almost fell to the ground.

Kat looked like she was about to faint.

“Are you wearing lip gloss?!” Ash took a step forward, leaning closer to her friend’s lips.

She pursed her lips, suddenly getting self-conscious. Wanting to make herself look more presentable, she applied some lip gloss. That was it. Camille didn’t change anything else but she took a lot more time preparing for school.

“Cola?” Ash, the curly-haired friend asked.

“Please don’t be cherry or strawberry. They’re a sticky mess when you’re kissing someone else.” Kat said, getting over the shock and peered closer to Camille’s lips.

Camille leaned back and raised a brow at Kat, her friend with straight golden brown hair that was a couple of inches from her shoulders. “How would you know that? Have you kissed someone?”

Kat feigned innocence. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Whatever. Pretend your lips haven’t experience a kiss and keep all the details from your friends.” Ash added with a roll of her eyes. She and Kat have been friends since childhood and this was the first time she had heard the golden-brown haired girl to mention something about kissing someone.

“I don’t kiss and tell.” Kat smirked, those evil eyes of her glinting in mischief.

The bell for class interrupted their talk. Students were rushing toward the school building.

“I can’t be late for the first class. Detention is not on my itinerary today. The committee will kill me.” Camille groaned, her lips shimmering with lip gloss (>.<)

“We’re still talking about the kiss later.” Ash said.

“I’d like to see you try to make me talk.” Kat challenged with a smile, rushing ahead just like the rest of the students.

The three girls separated to their own classes. Camille barely made it in time. She was thankful that she was having a lucky day but it may be too soon to tell.

English.

History.

Math.

Lunch.

Her stomach grumbled, begging for food. Finally, she could eat something. She spent so much time deciding whether or not she should put some lip gloss. For most girls, it would be trivial but for Camille it was a big decision.

Food was heaven. Her friends were as animated as they usually are and being around them always gave her the energy she needed for the day.

Like Ash promised earlier, she had kept irritating Kat about kissing someone. Kat kept her lips sealed like a safe locked tight and paid attention to her ipad mini as always.  It was like watching a sitcom, watching them interact.

Camille couldn’t help but grin at their antics and from the corner of her eyes, she saw Onew’s familiar face. She raised a hand to say hello but the senior student immediately ducked away.

She halted halfway through the wave and scrunched her brows in confusion. Normally, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter