Festival Day...

Love Potion #89: Clumsy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Exactly 6 am in the morning a loud scream got Camille out of her peaceful sleep. She winced at the unbearable sound, her eyes opened slightly. A groan got out of her lips as she moved so suddenly, stretching the sore muscles of her back. Her eyes searched where the sound was coming from. At first she thought it was a person but it turns out that it was someone's blasted ringtone.

For sure it wasn't hers. Who would want someone else's scream be their ringtone? That's just plain creepy in her dictionary.

Scanning the room, she found Onew waking up from a makeshift bed, not far from her. He took his phone out his pocket and the screaming stopped.

She shook her head and thought should have guessed that Onew would have his own set of quirks.

Onew seemed to have felt her watching him and turned around. "Sorry about that. Good Morning~" He smiled.

She smiled and blushed a bit. Suddenly, she felt shy. There's something strangely intimate about being in the same room as you just woke up. It's usually a mundane but private moment.

"How's your back? Sleeping on a chair is not comfortable. You-"

“You’re just the same.” Onew pointed out.

She closed her eyes at the realization and wished the earth could swallow her whole. She nodded. “ah... I am, but I’ll survive one night sleeping like this.”

“I’m alright.” He answered, seemingly back to normal. Onew checked his watch and stood up stiffly. “We better get going. There still lots to do.” He sighed and stretched his arms upward.

She nodded and got off the chair and felt the same stiffness as she stretched, trying to get the unused muscles to work. “Let’s do our best then~”

The older male was about to get out of the room but turned around and walked towards her direction. “Oh! Before I forget...”

Camille looked at him and asked. “Forget what?” They’ve finished all the paperwork.

Onew walked over and lightly hugged her. “Don’t forget to have fun, okay?” He pinched her nose lightly and beamed.

Somebody give Mhile CPR, her heart seemed to stop beating....

 

She was in a bit of a daze as she walked out of the committee room.  An arm blocked her path, forcing her to stop. She looked up to see her friend, Jill, who she had been avoiding. Jill smiled. "We woke up early just for you. Special delivery..." She was handed a paper bag containing a new set of clothes including the necessities. “I’m not stupid for ruining our friendship just because of some boy.” Her friend shyly looked away but watched her open the bag.

Camille was ecstatic to see everything she needed.  With her good mood and   Jill was really a life saver. She now didn’t have to suffer from enduring smelly clothes from yesterday.

“Are we friends again?”

Friends over boys? Camille wouldn’t be stupid enough to put men over friendship. She was mad in the beginning but after giving it some thought, she wasn’t anymore. To be honest, she was at loss on how to act normal with her friends.

She raised her shoulders, shrugging. “I got over it. It’s fine.”

“But he’s not just some boy.” Her friend casually argued back, falling into the same old routine with her.

She grinned and joked as she starts walking again while her friend matched her pace. “Want me to be mad at you again?”

“Nope.”

“Then stop saying he’s not just some boy and hug me.” Camille faced her friend and spread her arms wide in invitation.

Jill chuckled and hugged her friend tight. "Love you Mhillie~"

“Love you too Jhillie~”

The two girls went on their separate ways. Camille still had a couple of tasks to do in preparation for the festival opening and Jill on the other hand still had to help on her class booth. They both have three hours to complete their goals.

At exactly 10 am, the school program started with her the video she created with everyone and spent almost the whole night finishing up. The smile on her face as her video played was frozen in pride and relief that she finally did it.

The festival was as busy as ever. Visitors filled the corridors and the classrooms were transformed into mini cafes and booths.

It was noisy, chaotic but nevertheless fun in more ways than one.

Camille didn’t have much to do but as part of the festival committee, she was expected to help as much as she can. She ended up doing errands running all over the place.

By lunch time, she was hungry and tired. Her legs and feet hurt but there was still has a long day ahead of her. Camille was stretching her back when a familiar blonde rebel called out her name.

“Camille!” Jonghyun called out from behind.

She was on her way to get something to eat.

With so much happening the past 24 hours, she almost forgot about him. The last time they talked was back at the archives section of the library and it wasn’t pretty. He called the same night but she didn’t call him back. With what happened earlier that day, she was too mad to be nice.

Camille stopped and breathed out slowly. It has been days since that day. She wasn’t as mad as before since she and Onew are kind of friends again.

She turned around and smiled.

“I’m surprised to see you here blondie~ Are you going to create some trouble again?” She asked.

With sweat making her shirt stick to her skin and a couple of hours of sleep, Camille was too busy to care how she looked.

“You know me better than that...”Jonghyun grinned and hook his arm over her shoulders. She rolled her eyes and plucked his arm off her. “I do. That’s why I know you’re up to no good.”

He pretended to get hurt and staggered back to appear more dramatic. ”ugh~ cruel Camille. You know it’s you. You’re the only reason why I go here.”

She sighed and started walking again. She was on her way back to the committee room to get her lunch. Free lunch was given to festival committee members. It was the least the school could do for them.

“And you know why it’s impossible for me to even think about your feelings.” She said to him, while he matched her pace despite having longer legs.

Jonghyun just smiled at her and shrugged, acting unaffected by her answer. It was one of the reasons why she liked the blonde male. He’s a real cool guy.

“And I told you... he’s reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter