(Krisber) You drive me crazy

Soundtrack

There's a thin line between love and insanity, at least that's what Kris's line of work implies. A person could love someone to the point of losing control just as much as he could hang him on a pole and shoot a bullet through his head. Being a FBI agent for years could tell you that much. Jealous husbands, angry wives, deranged mistresses, obsessed stalkers; you name it, he has seen almost everything.

                Except no one told him how someone could drive you crazy when they look at you with so much of the emotion that drove numerous murders in the first place. If he wasn't careful enough, Amber's smile just might kill him.

                "There's a weighted impact against the scapula and clavicle, which indicates that he was struck but not hard enough to kill; rendering the victim unconscious" she explains, pointing at the said parts in the skeleton of the john doe that they were examining. She looked phenomenal, eyebrows scrunched up in concentration, lips pursed while thinking. He couldn't help it, how irretrievably and irrevocably in love he was.

                "I love you" he finally murmurs, in the midst of bones and evidence.

                The forensic anthropologist lifts her head and looks at him, at first with a shocked expression, but later with the sweetest of smiles. Then, in a fraction of a second, even before Kris's mental faculties could comprehend it, Amber's lips were on his.

                "I love you too" she breathes unto his lips.

                And there it was: Her, taking him to the point of no return; to the point of insanity.

-----------------------------

a/n: I recently had a Bones marathon and still have massive feels for it ;;; so hence the forensic anthropologist stuff. This is for ladyhaemi! I shortened the line because it was too long, i hope that's okay. :D