(Krystal/Chanyeol) Forget the air, I'll breath you instead

Soundtrack

This is the process of love according to Chanyeol’s textbook: take your brain, add a bunch of chemicals, mix in a little of the senses, and voila, you have the magic immortalized in movies. It’s a simple process, in Chanyeol’s opinion, as simple as adding certain variables to a sum of something intricate. Nothing complicated—just basic science.

But he looks at Soojung, eyes smiling and lips in a smirk, and he understands. How love could be more than just algebra and chemistry.

He can feel it, the rush of phenylethylamine that makes his head woozy from just the smell of summer and cherry blossoms from Soojung. It flows through his veins, triggering releases of norepinephrine that makes his heart go a hundred beats per minute, like erratic drums in constant rhythm with her smiles. The dopamine comes after, makes him take one, two, three, steps forward, just so he could cup Soojung’s face in his sweaty palms. When she closes her eyes to bask in the warmth of his touch, the oxytocin breaks in like waves, and when he leans in to kiss her full on the lips, testosterone levels come in peaks.

Two seconds later, the ghost of Soojung’s lips is fresh on Chanyeol’s and the rush of pheromones has subsided, the endorphins come and it settles with that woozy, contented kind of happiness.

“I love you” Soojung says.

In that moment, Chanyeol realizes, all the neurochemicals and scientific theories could be explained, but the feeling of breathing in Soojung, there in his arms, is as unexplainable as love could be.

-------------------------------------------------------

a/n: This may have some mistakes because I just googled the science stuff. And this is for kayyEa, sorry if this wasn't really based on the lyrics (_ _) but more on the melody, my mind isn't working right because of vacation.