(Haeber) Be the light; shine on my black and hidden heart

Soundtrack

Donghae’s eyes have always told Amber something, maybe somewhere along the lines of fairytales and happy endings. He looks at her with those dazzling eyes, and the narrative just pours out of his orbs. When she was seven, it told her fantasies of high strung castles and enchanted forests. When she was 15, it was of existing alternate universes, bonding elements, and infinite possibilities. When she was 20, it became stories of high end condominiums, dinners at French restaurants, and black suits and briefcases. When she was 22, it told her of houses with picket white fences and swing sets and of happy families in contentment.

          Now, now that she is 25 and he is 31, in month old jeans and windblown hair, stuck in post-apocalyptic Seoul with no clear-cut future, it told her one thing, and one thing only.

          “If I take your hand, will I be okay?” Amber asks. He extends it further, trying to fill that gap between them, where 50 ft of vertical distance waited. “Do you still need to ask?” he says, looking at her. She takes it and she jumps, because she trusts him and Donghae's eyes had told her everything.

          I will be your light in this darkness.

--------------------------------------

a/n: For Juliet_123!

I know that this is too short and I'm sorry for that (_ _)

And you don't need to do aegyo, still glad to accept requests :)