Tao - Let me Protect You

You're never lonely with Exo!


Eyes that you would never forget.

They looked emotionless and cold.

He looked strong on the outside but somehow he also looked fragile with that emotionless stare.

“Class, please welcome your new comrade, Huang Zitao!”

Your teacher put a hand on the shoulder of the new boy in your class and looked at him.

"Just call me Tao"

He nodded slowly and scanned through the classroom. The classroom was so silent since never and everyone had their attention on the new student.

Whenever he looked at someone, gasps left their mouths and they froze. Some guys avoided his eyes or frowned, to tell him that he should look somewhere else.

“He looks so scary!”

“I don’t want to be near him”

“Why is he looking like he wants to kill me?”

Whispers could be heard everywhere and you were sure that the new boy could hear them. But he didn’t look like he cared and continued scanning the classroom. Just then everyone stopped whispering and you saw some of your friends looking shockingly at you.

“Hey, he’s looking at you!”

When you raised your head and looked to the front, you saw him looking intensely into your eyes. Surprisingly you looked back into his eyes and nobody said a word. The class looked at you two and didn’t dare to interfere the staring contest, until your teacher awkwardly coughed.

“Zitao, please take a seat. Class will start now!”

Slowly he made his way towards you and noticed the free seat behind you. Only you looked at him while everyone was scared of him and avoided his eyes. Somehow you couldn’t take your eyes off of him and he didn’t look scary at all.

Just emotionless and lonely.

The first three classes were boring and you felt sleepy. When you saw that the history teacher was concentrating on the board, you lied your head down and closed your eyes. It didn’t take long until you drifted into a deep sleep.

“Psst, wake up! The teacher is calling you!”

A voice woke you up and you groaned after being disturbed. When you opened your eyes, you saw the teacher glaring into your direction.

“So, what is your answer to my question?” your teacher crossed his arms over his chest and waited for you to answer.

Damn! He asked something? But how should I know when I slept?

A deep voice suddenly whispered behind you and told you the answer.

“Say, after a long illness, King George VI died in his sleep in 1952”

“Uh…after a long illness, King George VI died in his sleep in 1952?” you answered the teacher and he looked shockingly at you.

“C-Correct”

You sighed in satisfaction and turned around to face the owner of the familiar voice. There you saw Tao looking at you with a little smirk on his face. A little thank you left your mouth and he nodded in response. Just when you turned around to face the board again, you heard him saying something.

“You’re cute”

That made it.

You slammed your head on your table and covered your red face. Hopefully no one saw your embarrassed face but one person chuckled slightly at your behavior and watched you the whole day.

 

At lunch you decided to go to the library. Somehow you wanted time for yourself and always enjoyed the silence in the library.

After picking a good book you made your way to a free spot at a table. The book was great and you enjoyed reading it very much. You didn’t even notice that someone sat across you and looked at you all the time.

Suddenly you felt someone tap you on your right hand. You lazily looked up and met a pair of familiar eyes staring at you. Silence filled the room and you just stared at him blankly.

“……AHHHH!” after releasing who you faced just now, you let out a loud scream. That just earned you a glare and a “Pshh” from the Librarian. You mouthed a sad “sorry…” and ducked your head down.

“Pfft hahahaha! You are very interesting!” Tao tried to lower the volume of his voice when he was laughing like crazy. He was suddenly so different and his personality changed. His laugh looked cute, just like a little kid and you wished that he had showed this side of him to the class. Another warning from the Librarian made you realize that you were admiring him just now.

“…..what do you want Tao?” you made a face and glared at him but deep in you, you were still amazed by his cute laugh.

“Um well….I heard you are really good in literature and I need some help there!” he clasped his hands together and begged you

“That’s right but….why should I help you?” you asked him with now questionable eyes and furrowed your eyebrows at him.

“So that I can spend time with you …” he thought but didn’t say it out loud.

“I will buy you everything you want! Even food and sweets! Everything! Just help me so I don’t fail this year.” He begged and looked at you with puppy eyes.

When you heard the word “food” it was already enough but seeing him like this killed you softly in the inside.

“AGREED!” you high-fived him and he smiled widely like a little kid.

 

2 Months later….

After spending time with Tao you two got very near. You even realized that you had some more feelings than being friends but you didn’t expose yourself.

Tao always had a serious side on him but also a cute and friendly side. The class accepted him more after he opened up a little and he even got other friends.

It was another day where you two went home together and talked about funny things that happened in school. Suddenly three big men stopped in front of you two.

“Hey little girl! Wanna play with us?” the biggest of the three flashed his ugly smile at you and you shivered at the sight.

“Go away! She’s with me so back off!” Tao suddenly went in front of you and stretched his arms out in protection.

“Hah! Little boy, what can you do against us huh?!” the second one gritted his teeth at Tao.

“Yeah you little don’t get in our way!” the third cracked his knuckles and slowly all three of them approached Tao.

“Tao! Watch out!” you held his arm and looked at him with frightened eyes.

“It’s okay…trust me I will protect you!” he smiled his trademark smile and you could do nothing but to nod and stay silent.

Then all three men dashed to Tao and attacked him from all sides. Tao got serious and slowly walked into their direction. He knocked the first one out with a hard fist into his face what was followed by a kick with his left foot to the second man. The two of them were knocked out fast and you could see blood coming out of their faces. They were even clutching their hurting body parts.

The last man approved Tao from the back and kicked Tao into his back. You closed your eyes because of the shock and noticed tears falling down.

“Heh….thats nothing!” Tao immediately stood up and wiped away the blood dripping down his lips. Your expression showed worry and Tao noticed it. He smiled at you to show that he is alright and ran towards the big man standing there with a death glare at Tao.

Tao grabbed the man at his collar and crashed him down over his shoulders into the ground. The man coughed really hard and lastly Tao kicked him into his stomach. He was also knocked out and you immediately ran to Tao. He hugged you tightly and you breathed in his charming scent.

“I was really afraid to lose you…” you whispered into his ear and tears were flowing down your face.

“Don’t cry…I’m happy you’re alright…I needed to save you with my life because I love you so much…” he wiped your tears away and flashed the brightest smile to you.

You were taken back from his words and thought you would dream.

He loves you?

For such a long time you had this special feeling in you and he feels the same?

Tears were falling down again and you quickly buried your face into his chest.

“Ahh I made you cry again…I’m sorry” he looked worried at you and tried to wipe all of the tears away.

“My lovely Idiot! Those are tears of happiness! I love yoooooouuuu tooooo!” you suddenly kissed him without thinking. He was surprised at first but kissed you back lovingly and that alone was enough to let you feel all the butterflies in your stomach.