Lay - Under the Stars

You're never lonely with Exo!

                                 


„It’s all your fault that we are in this state!“

“Every time I come home, you only nag and shout at me!”

The house was filled with angry shouts and sometimes sounds of something crashing. Your parents were quarrelling again and it was like this every evening when your father returned from home. While they were shouting at each other, you silently listened to them from the stairs and closed your eyes.

Seeing them every day going at each other like this made you sad and frustrated. You wanted to help but every time you interfered, they shouted at you too and said that it’s none of your business.

You couldn’t take it anymore and took your keys to run out of the house.

The night was chilly and silent without the shouting of your parents. Your body immediately warmed up from the running but you didn’t know where you were running, until you saw a hill. A feeling told you to go up there and just relax, so you did what your heart told you.

It took you awhile to climb up the hill but the scenery from up there fascinated you. The whole city could be seen and the lights made it even more beautiful to admire. Trees rustled from the late summer wind and cooled you down.

It was such a good feeling to be here.

You dared to look up and saw something more breathtaking. It was a night with a full moon and the stars shone brightly in the night sky. A smile found its way on your lips and you looked at the ground for a moment before you sat down on the green grass.

The scenery of the city and the sky mixed so good together that you let out a long breath and all your feelings. You thought about your parents that surely not noticed you getting out. They must be still quarrelling and shouting at each other.

“Stupid parents…” A tear escaped from your eye and you angrily wished it away with your sleeve. The sadness made your whole body shiver and your head was a whole mess. Your parents didn’t see how much you cared for them and they just destroy the family with their quarrelling. That made you worried about the future. What when they continue being like that to each other? Don’t they love each other anymore? Don’t they care about family?

“It’s beautiful out here, right?”

A warm and gentle voice stopped you from thinking and you jumped a little bit at the visitor beside you. You were so much in your own world that you didn’t notice him approaching you or sitting beside you.

“Y-Yes…”

“I come here often when I need some time for myself. Something tells me you needed some time for yourself too?” The boy smiled at you and even though it was dark, you could see his adorable dimple on his cheek. You nodded and his smile grew wider. He had a comfortable and warm aura around him and you felt safe beside that stranger.

“My name is Lay” You said him your name too and he looked up with a satisfied smile to stare at the stars. “Let me show you something. Lie down just like me!” Lay lied down on the grass and you stared at him dumbfounded for a moment until he gently grabbed your wrist and pulled you down.

With a light yelp you fell beside him and Lay laughed at your shocked face.

“You’re so cute!”

You felt how your cheeks warmed up and thanked God that it was night, because you were sure that you were blushing. Lay didn’t let go of your wrist and his soft hands made you wonder why he was so nice to you. He stretched out your fingers with his and now your fingers were pointing at some stars in the sky.

“Look, you can see Pegasus there. It’s the winged horse and one of the brightest star constellations of Andromeda” Lay pointed with your fingers at stars that looked like normal stars for you but he went with your finger around the constellation and soon you really saw a figure of a horse.

“I can see it! But what is the Andromeda?” You asked and admired the stars around Pegasus even more after knowing that.

“There is a romantic tale about the daughter Andromeda of a King with the name Cepheus, and his Queen Cassiopeia. The daughter was so beautiful that there were many jealous nymphs and they told Neptune about it. Neptune pitied his nymphs and sent monsters to spread destruction and death around the coastline of the kingdom of Cepheus. The poor king could only deliver his daughter to the monster to safe his kingdom, so Andromeda was chained to a rock by the sea ready to be the meal for the monsters. Until the hero Perseus came to help her and they fell in love with each other”

Lay ended the tale with a clap and winked at you when he saw how good you listened to the story. You were amazed from the story and wanted to hear more about such tales. But Lay soon stood up and suddenly looked sad.

“I need to go home now…but I hope to see you again soon! I’m every night here when the weather is good and the sky is clear. See you around and sleep well!”

He waved at you and walked down the hill letting you alone with your thoughts. You decided to head home too but made a note to yourself to come here often.

 

During the next weeks the quarreling of your parents got worse and you always run outside when they were at it again. Like he told you, Lay was always at the hill and brought your smile back when you needed it. He told you more about the stars and planets and let you forget about the things at home. Lay was really interesting and sometimes he told you about your life too. You told him about your problems at home too and he listened to you.

The two of you developed feelings for each other and enjoyed the times at nights together so much that you forgot the time.

Someday it was so late that you returned home after midnight and there waited something unpleasant for you.

On the next day you decided to head earlier to the hill and hoped that Lay would be there waiting for you with his sincere smile. But he wasn’t there and all of a sudden you felt lonely and broken. The feelings inside you exploded and you immediately sat down to begin crying hysterically. Too many things happened and you couldn’t keep anything inside you so you cried all your heart out.

Suddenly a warm body embraced you and gentle arms slung over you from behind. A calm breathing soothed your feelings and you knew by the pleasant fragrant who was hugging you.

“It’s okay. Let it all out. I’m here for you…” Lay’s gentle voice was the thing you wanted to hear from all things and finally he was here for you. You turned around and embraced him back while sobbing into his chest.

“My parents want to divorce” When these words escaped your mouth a hand over your hair and calmed down your nerves. Soon your crying stopped and you were hugging Lay with the same love he embraced you.

“Look at the sky” You looked up when you heard him saying that and saw that the stars shone more than ever. Suddenly a shooting star flew across the sky and your eyes widened at the sight. “Wish for something”

Lay’s lips kissed your cheek when you two wished your wishes in your thoughts. What you two didn’t know was that the two of you wished for the same thing.

‘I wish that we will be together forever and never be alone again’

 


I'm back with a romantic Oneshot! ^_^

I hope you all are doing well and missed me? Thank you for waiting for me~

(Having feelings for him again...he was my ultimate Bias until Daehyun came :D But he is still my favorite in EXO :3)