1.Four

The Stupid Cupid

Playlist: EXO - It's My Turn to Cry

"Oh my god, that's so sweet." Chanyeol cooed, pretending to wipe off tears from his eyes. The two of them, Soojin and him, sat beside them on the park clinic. The two of them disguised as an old, I mean really really old couple who had to rest. 

"Thank you." Sohyun smiled and drifted off to sleep.

"It's working." Soojin giggled. "I won, Park Chanyeol." 

"Ooh, scary, but that won't be a happy ending." Chanyeol said glumly. He tilted his head and watched as Baekhyun soothed Sohyun's hair as gently as he could.

"Mwo?" Soojin exclaimed, hitting Chanyeol's arm in surprise. 

"I mean, you said it yourself, not every story has a happy ending." Chanyeol shrugged.

Soojin tilted her head, when did she say that?

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEtYNVQ-lxZzZgtf6J4XP

 

"Come on Sohyunnie, we've been together for like a year already." Baekhyun pouted.

"It's still 333 days before that." Sohyun giggled, fiddling with Baekhyun's hand. She looked at the perfect scenery around them, falling leaves from cherry blossoms, a windy afternoon and a Baekhyun.

"Still...wait. Did you drop this thing?" Baekhyun asked, leaning down to pick a white envelope.

"Give it, Baek." Sohyun said in full panic. but of course, that only made him more curious. "Baek! Hand it over!"

Baekhyun laughed and opened it, only to regret it about 7 seconds later.

"W-what's this?" he stammered, trying to keep his rage in place. He managed it for a year now, he's not going to hate on her without letting her explain.

"Can't you read?" Sohyun replied soulessly. She was frowning and her face showed complete distaste.

 

"Wait a sec...333 days? They've known each other for like a week." Soojin said, frwoning at Chanyeol for some sane explanation.

"Time travel." he answered simply but Soojin wasn't convinced. "Oh gods, you're a cupid, you're with a perfectly handsome guy and invisible, take note, you can fly! And you don't believe in time travel?"

 

"Well I'm sorry, miss Sohyun but it should occur to you that important matters like this should be discusesed with oh, I don't know, your boyfriend?" Baekhyun snarled.

"What the hell is your promblem, mister? You don't have any right t know that. And you ouldn't if you weren't so..." Sohyun trailed.

"So, what?" Baekhyun challenged.

"Forget it. I'm going home." Sohyun muttered, grabbing the paper from Baekhyun. The latter gripped sohyun's hand tightly and forced her to face him.

"Were you planning to tell me? I know you didn't mean to say those words." he said gently. Please say yes. He pleaded silently.

"I was going to tell you...the day before I leave." Sohyun mumbled, keeping her head down.

"Why not sooner?"

"Because I don't know if I'll even come back." she cried. Baekhyun was stunned for a moment before pulling her into a hug.

"You'll come back for me, right?" he whispered into her hair.

"I don't know if I cou--"

"Promise me."

"I'll come back. I promise."  Sohyun promised. Baekhyun pushed her away gently and grabbed the paper. 

"Let's forget this conversation happened. I don't want to ruin our anniversay." Baekhyun said, giving her a warm smile before letting the paper fly into the air.

 

Chanyeol grunted in annoyance. "I hate that guy." he muttered before pointing at Soojin. "And I hate you too!"

"Oh shut up." Soojin said and grabbed the paper from Chanyeol. "Omo, look."

 

This letter is addressed to Ms. Kang Sohyun.

 

Please be aware that your request for heart treatment is accepted and will be 

held four weeks after you recieve this letter, assuming you recieve it in time.

Let me remind you once more that the treatment will last for a year and a half 

since we've found out that your condiniton is...terminal.

I'm very sorry to report this through letter but please keep in mind that this is 

a rare chance and it will be cruel to say that the treatment will be held in the U.S.

 

Dr. Roberts.

"I didn't know Baekhyun can read in English."