ONE.

The Stupid Cupid

"Unnie? what happened to Cinderella?"  the little girl asked, clinging to Soojin's leg. Soojin gave her a warm smile and held the girl in her arms.

"You want to know the truth?" she cooed, combing the girl's hair. the little girl nodded. "Well, her prince divorced her because he realized that Cinderella's evil sister is much much prettier. and because Cinderella has no fashion sense."

The little girl gasped in shock. "The prince wouldn't do that! He loves Cinderelly!" she argued. 

Soojin gave her a sad smile. "That's what you thought, dear. You know, these fairy tales are pure . People, especially handsome princes doesn't marry poor girls just because a shoe fits her. Hell, who even said that Cinderella's foot size is unique enough to share with no one in a whole kingdom? Fairy tales are used so people who recreate this kind of stuff gets money from tricking you kids. The truth is really sad." she finished off, leaving the little girl with a horrified look.

If you have to write a biography of Oh Soojin's life, the excerpt above would be enough. She dedicated her life destroying every fantasy about love. It doesn't exist, happiness is clearly achieved by being something you're proud of, not something you get from a random guy you meet on the street.

Behind her, the little girl ran outside the room towards Soojin, holding a book half her size. "B-but, look! There's a wittle cupid! He has a super big bow and he's the one that makes people in love!" she said, hope filling her eyes.

Soojin chuckled. "I'm realy sorry, sweetheart. But do you believe a three-year old kid wearing nothing but underwear can even shoot well? There's no such thing. Now off to bed, darling." she dismissed. The little girl's face fell as she dragged herself to bed.

"Cupids doesn't exist." 

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEtYNVQ-lxZzZgtf6J4XP

 

 

Chanyeol gasped. He had hit the wrong person. Again. Now, the old lady is staring at the four-year old boy with a romantic gaze. Chanyeol bit his lips and flapped himself out of the place. Maybe they won't notice, they won't. They wo--

"Park Chanyeol!" Kris shouted through his radio, making Chanyeol lose his balance while flying. He hit on a large wall before recovering.

"Hyung! It wasn't me!" Chanyeol reasoned. 

"Wasn't you?! The arrow struck has your name on it!" Kris bellowed. "Report here, now!" 

Chanyeol jumped and soared once again. He soared higher and higer until he disappeared into the clouds.  

You see, the common misconception of people is thinking that magic doesn't exist just because they can't prove it. Well, duh! That's why it's called magic. Almost every mythical being has their own 'power' or something. Fairies have little wings and who knows what tricks they have up in their sleeves. As for a cupid like Chanyeol, he rides with the word deception. If you see somethig big flying, would you think it's a cupid? Of course not. And that, my firends is the reason why these creatures can easily mix with us.

"Screwed up again, Yeol?" Xiumin snickered. 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and flicked Xiumin's wings. "Shut up."

"Yah don't touch my wings!" the older screeched. "You know, it's your 49th time messing up. In a week, Park Chanyeol, in a week. At this rate, you'll lucky to turn up as a fly for a century." 

"Psh, it was a mistake. Kris will be linient about this." Chanyeol grinned before entering Kris' office.

 

"No, no no!" Chanyeol screeched "Please please, I'll be better. Give me another chance." he pleaded.

Kris crossed his arms at him and raised his brow. "49 fails in a week." he scolded. "A cupid is only allowed 100 in our whole life. You know the hundreth rule!" 

"I still have 61 chances." Chanyeol replied

"Yes but you also have oh, I don't know, eternity to not mess up!" Kris shot back

"Then let me prove myself. "chanyeol said, narrowing his eyes. 

"I'd rather turn you into a rat until you turn a hundred and six." Kris suggested.

"I'm only 22." he muttered in confusion.

Kris sat down on his chair and stared at the computer infront of him. "Oh just in time. You want to prove yourself? Then how about making a girl believe in love?" 

"Psh, that would be too easy."

"Great, then, Xiumin! Please let Ms.Oh enter." Kris commanded.

Chanyeol stared at the random human girl. She has a flowy black hair that matched her brown eyes. 

"Get off me you filthy creature!" she shouted. Chanyeol looked at her and looked back to Kris, asking for explanation.

"Miss Oh Soojin. I have recieved a report of you...severely damaging a child's fantasy, is this real?" Kris questioned her in his eve so authoritive voice.

"What the hell?" Soojin grunted.

"Well, that says a lot. For that you are sentnced of being one of us for two weeks, this will be added if you fail to realize your mistake." Kris continued.

 

 

 

Soojin took a deep breath and clenched her jaw, she shook the random guy away from her before pointing her index finger at the other guy.

"Look here mister, I don't know what you're talkin about and I'm pretty sure you're high. So if you please excuse me, I still have other sane things to do." she hissed.

"It's Kris." the latter replied. Then Kris faced at the other random guy. He has supirisingly big eyes matching his ears.

"You want to prove yourself, Chanyeol? Accompany her." Kris ordered

"What do you mean accompany me?" Soojin snarled but Kris ignored her and clapped twice.

 

"Enjoy your stay, Ms. Oh."