Chapter Nine

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter

Aeri awoke with a jolt from the sound of her phone alarm ringing. Rubbing her weary eyes, she took a second to realise where she was.

Lying on the couch. Arms wrapped around her. Kai's breath near her face. Eyes widening, Aeri was paralysed for a second, unable to comprehend the situation she was in. The proximity between the two sent her heart beating crazy, never had she been this close to another. 

As Aeri tried to wriggle away, Kai stirred and wrapped his arms around her even tighter, unconsciously nuzzling his nose into her neck, sending shivers down her spine. 

This was definitely not what two friends should be doing.

But then again. What were they? Friends? More than friends?

So finally, Aeri mustered all her strength to finally spring free by pulling Kai's arms away from her, leaving him lying there in a heap. Sighing, Aeri shook her head to recall what happened last night. Silly girl, she was. She passed out from fatigue in a male's house, imagine how dangerous it would be if it weren't Kai, lucky it was him. She knew, she just had the gut feeling that he wouldn't harm her. The feeling was incomprehensible, really, she never knew why she trusted him so much, she never understood herself. Some things, though, were better left unexplained. It was for the better.
-------------
The sizzling sound from the kitchen and the delicious scent of aroma awoke Kai, as he yawned unsightly. Slowly getting up, he ruffled his hair as he walked towards the sound he heard. There, he saw the back of Aeri's long, flowing hair, and her beautiful stature as she cooked.

He could never get sick of such a sight. Maybe it was because it was still the morning, and his mind wasn't working very well, but he acted upon impulse and wrapped his arms around her waist, putting his head on her shoulder. He noticed how she froze at the touch of his skin, and the utensil in her hand dropped on the table with a loud clang. 

"Ya-yah, wh-what are you doing?" She stuttered, unable to turn around and look at him.

He only shrugged and remained in the same position, not willing to move away to allow her to cook.

"Yah, if you want breakfast then let me go, Kai," she warned as she nudged him with her elbow, finally retaining her placid composure. 

Although it brought a sharp pain to his abdomen, Kai still had a smile on his face. A happy, fulfilled smile.
---------------
It was a day later where Aeri was now back at her place, getting ready for work. Her new job. Bubbles of excitement layered in her stomach,

Please log in to read the full chapter