Chapter Three

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter

Screaming girls, horrible traffic, flashing lights and crowded spaces; this was anything but the perfect night Aeri had wanted to spend on Christmas Eve.

Ignoring the hysterical fans, she slowly pushed and shoved her way towards the entrance, coming face to face with the guard.

He gave her a stern look, "Miss, please get in the line. Cutting in is not permitted." He recited the line as if he had said it a million times already to the other desperate girls.

Aeri flicked her hair and took out the VIP card she had. The guard examined it carefully, bowed, and let her into the stadium. She ignored the jealous look of fans and proceeded to walk in, feeling a fresh of breath air from the stuffiness before.

There were already quite a few fans sitting in the seats, and she slowly made her way to her designated seat. It was a few rows away from the stage, and it gave her a perfect view.

Her mind wandered off as she waited, wondering if this had been the right choice.

"Yixing...I can't spend Christmas Eve with you. Sorry." 

"Why? Is there something wrong?" was his reply, his tone soft and laced with worry.

"I got a ticket to go to this concert, and I really want to go." she replied truthfully, she never lied to him.

"What concerts?" he asked slowly.

"It's Kai's concert. The dancer, Kai. The one on the billboard...you know him right?" she asked, feeling a surge of uncertainty.

There was a long silence.

"Have fun, I gotta go now." he replied with a shaky breath and the like came to a dead end.

She wasn't sure why, but he seemed rather nervous about something; almost worried.

Her thoughts were broken when she felt someone sit next to her. She looked up to see a man in a hoodie with a mask.

"You came," his deep husky voice resonated in her ears and she looked at him, confused for a second.

They exchanged glances for longer than a second, and she stared into his brown, familiar orbs, feeling a sudden flash in her mind. She shrugged away the feeling, and finally took notice of his rather prominent features that was rather similar to Kai's....

"Kai?" she whispered uncertainly.

His mask moved, meaning that he was beaming and he nodded, "Yeah, it's me. Aeri, right? I didn't think you would come since the tickets came so suddenly."

She felt her heart beating rapidly as she replied, "Of course I would come...your dance skills are amazing! I'm not doing anything special for Christmas anyway."

"Why not?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed.

She shrugged, "I was going to spend Christmas Eve with my friend, but I ended up coming here, and my brother's in China...so I'm spending Christmas alone tomorrow."

Suddenly, the speakers

Please log in to read the full chapter