Chapter One

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter
"This isn't good enough, Aeri." her boss said, shaking his head fervently.   Aeri stood there, her hands clasped together tightly, her head bent low.   "I told you to book my meeting at 3 o'clock so I could go on my date!" he yelled at her, standing up abruptly in rage.   "I'm sorry, Mr.Lee." Aeri said softly, and the older man sighed.    "Just get out." he pointed at the door, and Aeri bit her lip as she walked out, trying to calm down her racing heart.   The other employees saw her come out after their boss' outburst, and could only stare at her in pity. No one wanted to be in her position, as a secretary, who had to suffer in the boss' scrutiny, especially when their boss was so hot-tempered.   Aeri was the longest secretary in this company though, as she still hadn't been fired and hadn't decided to quit yet(mostly because she needed the money.)   This was life. ---------- Trudging out of the office after hours(since she had so much work to do), she ignored the rumbling of her stomach as she walked down the streets of Seoul.   The sky was dark, the lights were lit up, and that's when she realised that Christmas was coming soon.   Amidst all the laughter and joy of others, she felt tears roll down her cheeks.    She wanted to quit her job so badly, yet, she couldn't. She was renting an apartment, she needed food and clothes, she needed to survive, not for herself, but also for her brother Luhan, who loved her to death, and also her protective friends.   Sighing, she looked up, to see the big screen, showing someone dancing elegantly and passionately. She could recognise him almost instantly, since he was the spotlight of the media right now, it was the famous dancer, Kai.   As he turned to face the camera with a small smirk illuminated on his face whilst leaning on a wall, words appeared, informing the citizens about his exclusive concert on Christmas Eve.   A honk from a car suddenly caught her attention, making her realise she was in the middle of the road. A little embarrassed, she walked on, arriving at her apartment.   Soon enough, Aeri was sitting on the couch with a bowl of instant noodles in her hand while watching television.   She caught sight of a live interview with Kai that was starting soon, and decided to watch it since there was nothing better to watch.   Recently, Kai had been so popular around the whole of Korea, mostly because he was just so damn good at dancing, and also because he was accepted into one of the most famous dance crews in the world.   He already had a whole room of fangirls, ready to throw themselves at their "oppa."   Her thoughts were interrupted when the high-pitched voice of the reporter asked, "How does it feel to be accepted in the most famous dance crew in America?"    "It's an absolute honour, I never thought I would go this far," he replied calmly, smiling to the camera.  
Please log in to read the full chapter