Chapter Eleven

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter

The interview was over in no time, Aeri and Kai both sat in the passenger seats of the big black van, the driver in the front. As the vehicle started moving, Aeri fiddled with her thumbs, wanting to utter out her curiosity, but felt like she would be invading his privacy, so she chose not to say anything at all.

Kai could feel the change in mood, and he knew that she had questions for him. But how could he tell her the truth? How could he utter those words, reveal that she was the one who he had hurt so badly before? That...he was the one who caused them to lose their baby?

He couldn't utter those words himself; he wouldn't be able to bear the guilt. And he was afraid, afraid that after knowing all this...she would leave him again.

The car came to an abrupt stop, Kai looked at his driver, and nodded for him to leave. As he heard the door close shut, he turned to face the beautiful girl next to him. They stared into each other's eyes, and she finally spoke.

"Do you still love her?"

Sincerity dripped with his words, "I do."

Her heart dropped

Indeed...whatever woman that managed to make Kai to what he was today, was an amazing one. How could she ever compare? 

Indeed...she had misunderstood Kai's kindness for something romantic, something more. She had thought too much, she had gotten it all wrong...Kai and her...they were just friends, and now, just a platonic relationship between a manager and artist.

Tears threatened to drip down, Aeri knew she would break down in front of him if she faced the handsome male any longer. Why was she so affected by this? Had her hopes been too high?

"I....I have to finish some management things," Aeri choked out, and as she placed her hand on the door handle, that very hand was stopped by Kai's warm fingers. She turned around to face Kai, whose body was on top of hers, his face only millimetres apart.

"Don't," he whispered.

Wiping away small tears on her cheeks, he said sorrowfully, "Don't cry. I don't want to see you cry ever again because of me."

With that said, he let her go. It took Aeri a few seconds to recollect her thoughts, and then, she was gone from Kai's sight.

Burying his face into his hands, Kai felt the pang of pain in his chest. Maybe, it was better like this, if they could just continue to be friends. Then, she would never find out her painful past, and he could continue to be there for her. Without her, he wouldn't have lived till this day anyway. 

Because she was his everything.

She just didn't know it.
--------------

Please log in to read the full chapter