Chapter Six

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Kai led her back to her house, they stopped in their tracks as they were finally in front of the door.

"Thanks for tonight, it was....really fun." she said softly, staring right into his kind eyes.

He shook his head, "The pleasure is all mine."

Minutes ticked by as they stared into each other; both unable to look away. 

"I guess...bye then," Aeri finally whispered out.

Kai nodded, "Goodbye."

Aeri nodded, and was about to turn around, when Kai grabbed her wrists and held her tightly around her waist as he placed a chaste kiss on her forehead. It was light, yet held so much meaning for the male. To Aeri, this caught her by surprise, she wasn't quite sure how to react, but she didn't hate this tingly feeling in her stomach, and how her chest restricted as they made body contact.

As his warm lips separated from her forehead, he whispered, "Sweet dreams, Aeri." and left, leaving her standing there, dumbfounded and confused.

She touched the spot on her forehead where he had kissed her, and her cheeks turned a deep shade of red; her heart accelerating every second as she replayed the scene in her head on repeat.

What in the world?
-------------
The next day, Aeri woke up late to work, suffered an extreme scolding before working tirelessly for the whole day, without a proper break.

It was the latest she had worked today, it was near midnight, and she was walking through the dark streets of Seoul, cautious of her surroundings. In her bag, she had a can of pepper spray ready, just in case anything happened; Luhan had told her to take care of herself since Day One, making sure she was equipped with everything.

She could feel ominous footsteps echoing hers as she clutched her bag tightly, quickening her pace. As she turned into a corner, she felt large arms take ahold of her, pushing her towards a war. Her eyes widened when she saw an old-looking guy staring at her with fierce and determined eyes.

"I missed the chance five years ago to you up, now I'm back, Shim Aeri. I'm back you little ." she could hear the snarl in his voice and smell of beer mixed in his breath.

This man was crazy, how did he even know her name. She had to think about what to do, slowly, she placed her hand into her bag, and finally grabbed hold of the peppe

Please log in to read the full chapter