Chapter Four

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter

Aeri almost pinched herself because she couldn't believe this was reality.

She swore she would've never imagined that she would be casually sitting in a small shop, eating some rice cakes with an international star, Kai.

It was unreal, as she gazed over at Kai; a cap adorned over his head to cover his well-defined face whilst scoffing down some of the spicy snacks into his mouth as if he had been starved for weeks.

She hadn't even realised that he had turned his head up to face her, quite amused at her gawking at him.

"Aren't you going to eat?" he mused, wiping the sauce off his face with his hand.

Aeri smiled softly at him, and picked up her unused chopsticks to eat. As the hotness of the rice cakes came contact with her tongue, she flinched, letting the unfamiliar taste wash into .

Kai frowned a little, "You look like you haven't had these in ages."

She chuckled sadly, "I haven't, actually. I don't even know how they taste like, truthfully. After I woke up from coma, I was in the safe arms of my brother, I was always at home, trying to piece back my memories. When he finally let me become more independent, I became busy with work, living off cup noodles all day."

The word "coma," caused Kai to grow rigid, as the haunting memories of his stupid mistakes in the past came back into his head.

Guilt.

If he had left her alone from the start, she wouldn't have fallen for him.

If he had stayed away from her, then that psychotic woman wouldn't have came for her.

If he had been smarter, he wouldn't have hurt her, and caused her pain and sorrow.

The open wounds in his heart was killing him; because he knew that he shouldn't be doing this; that he shouldn't step into her life again.

But she was like a drug; addictive, and he just couldn't stay away no matter how hard he tried.

Kai didn't even realise he had snapped out of reality completely, until the voice of Aeri startled him.

"Kai? Kai? Are you alright?" she bent forward to face him directly, and as he snapped out of it and stared into her eyes, Aeri felt her breath hitch as she met his deep, enticing brown orbs.

It seemed as though time had stopped; completely, as they gazed into each other's eyes, lost in their own little world. Their heads slowly moved closer towards each other, when suddenly, Kai dabbed some of the spicy sauce from the rice cakes onto her nose.

Aeri's eyes widened in shock as Kai started bursting out laughing; she looked absolutely adorable and hilarious at the same time.

Her eyes narrowed into slits, and she grumbled quietly, folding her arms crossly. 

Kai grew guilty by every second at her sullen face, and said, "Hey, Aeri..I'm sorry, don't be upset!"

Please log in to read the full chapter