Chapter Eight

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I want to take you somewhere," Kai said softly, as he opened the car door with care, allowing her to step in, before he started the car himself.

"Is it alright? Aren't you busy?" Aeri asked, staring at his concentrated face whilst driving.

She hadn't realised how long she had been staring, until he turned and caught her eyes, staring back with a smile on his face.

"Why are you staring?" he asked her playfully.

She blushed softly, and turned away, admiring the bright city lights reflecting into the mirror. Placing a hand on the glass, she whispered, "Don't you ever wonder...all the things that could happen to you in this city. Don't you ever think...that life...life can be so meaningful yet so meaningless at the same time?"

Kai stared at her side profile, muttering out, "What do you mean?"

Aeri turned to face him, a plaintive smile graced upon her face, "I always wondered...why did I happen to lose my memory? Did you know that I lost a baby when I had that car accident? And the worst thing is...I don't even remember. I don't even remember the man who adorned me with a baby, and I don't even know if he's alive or he's just...forgotten...abandoned me. And that's when I wonder...why did it happen to me?"

Kai subconsciously gripped the steering wheel tighter, his knuckles turning a pale white shade, whilst gritting his teeth. Blinking his eyes rapidly, he didn't speak. He couldn't speak. What was he supposed to tell her? That he had caused her accident? That he had left her? That he had been the one who ruined her life?

"The past...is in the past. If you learn to let go, and move on, you will feel better." he comforted, although he, himself found it shockingly hypocritical...because Kai, himself, was the one still stuck in the past.

He could never forget Aeri.

Nor could he ever stop loving her.
----------
Aeri wasn't too sure why she had decided to tell Kai all this....mostly, it was a sad past she didn't prefer others knowing, but with Kai, she felt safe. Safe enough to tell him her

Please log in to read the full chapter