Chapter Seven

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter

"How could you have gotten this wrong?" her boss yelled at her face, as he slammed the pile of sheets down on the table, the sheets flying all over the room. Aeri flinched, as she stepped away from his rage about to erupt.

"I...I'm sorry," she said as she looked down, unable to meet his eyes.

In fact, she wasn't sorry at all. All she had done wrong was contact the wrong girl her boss wanted to eat dinner with; it wasn't her fault that he had multiple girlfriends, and it certainly shouldn't be part of her work to take care of his personal life.

Yet, she couldn't say any of these things; she would only suffer if she opened .

"Yah! Are you even listening!" her boss demanded as he glared at her. 

She nodded, "Yes, sir. I'm very sorry. This will not happen again."

Bowing, she was dismissed as she blinked back her tears; she was stronger than that. 
-----------
"Are you alright?" Kai asked as they sauntered along the streets of Seoul in the dark; Kai had picked her up today after work. Of course, Aeri didn't feel the need to tell him about what happened, to her, it was rather embarrassing to be working like this compared to Kai's glamorous life.

Aeri nodded, a suppressed smile on her face. Kai frowned as he touched her forehead, there was a small, tiny cut, she hadn't even noticed herself, but one of the papers had scratched her, giving her a small cut.

"What's this?" he whispered, worried, as he stared into her eyes.

Aeri shook her head, touching it instinctively, "I think it's just a paper cut."

"How in the world would you get a paper cut on your face?" he asked incredulously.

She smiled softly and then looked away, "It's nothing."

Sighing, she turned back to the ground, looking at her feet as she walked. Suddenly, she felt Kai tug her arm and in

Please log in to read the full chapter