Chapter Ten

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter

A busy day ahead for Aeri was ensured after a tour around the company building, awkward greetings to different department heads, and Kai's schedule in her hands. As she skimmed down, she realised that Kai's life was busy and chaotic, indeed, he was a dancer with celebrity status after all. 

It was already midday, which meant Kai's morning dance practise was over. As she walked towards the practice rooms to get lunch with him before an interview at 2, she noticed a girl clinging onto the said male.

"Kai oppa! I can't seem to get these dance moves right! Won't you help me please?" the girl asked in an extremely high-pitched, girly voice.

Kai didn't seem to look all that pleased, and Aeri chuckled a bit at his helpless face that said, someone-please-help-I'm-about-to-die. Aeri raised an eyebrow at the persistent girl, and couldn't help but feel sorry for the tanned male. His busy lifestyle was already hard enough, and he had to put up with weird, inconsiderate girls trying to attach to him.

Deciding to put him out of his misery, she walked up towards the pair and said, "Kai, we've got to hurry to your next schedule."

The moment he laid eyes on Aeri, it was as if he had been freed from jail, and he immediately shook of the girl's arm off of him. But looking at the sadness in her face, he panicked, mistaking the pity in her eyes as disappointment and hurt over the fact that it looked like him and this girl had something going on.

Completely ignoring the other, Kai swiftly took Aeri's hand, and pulled her away from the room, his mind in a mess. He didn't want to disappoint her like he did in the past, he couldn't let her cry again like he had done before.

"Yah, Kai, what are you doing?" she uttered out from shock as he pulled her into a room and banged the door shut with brute force.

Pulling her around, he pushed her to the closed door, her back banging onto the wall. He stared deeply into her eyes, both breathing hard. Few moments later, he released her and combed his hair back with his hand, sighing because he knew that he had messed up; again.

Aeri, still confused, instinctively placed her hand on his jaw, pulling his head gently to look into her eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She whispered, his face softly, calming him down.

He stared back at her and replied, "Don't misunderstand. Nothing was between me and that girl from before."

Aeri almost bursted out laughing; was this what he got worked up about? She broke into a smile and replied, "Don't be silly, why would I ever think that? Don't you worry about me, I was just worried

Please log in to read the full chapter