Chapter Five

Entwined hearts II
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was back to the mundane lifestyle of her's after her last meeting with Kai. Same routine, same job, same scoldings by her boss. Everything was normal, yet everything was just not the same anymore.

Not when he appeared in her life. 

To Aeri, meeting Kai was surreal, a fantasy in itself; he was a big superstar, and her? Just a normal woman trying to make a living from her repetitive job. But seeing Kai dance changed her own values completely. Kai seemed like he love his job, he loved what he was doing everyday, and he enjoyed it. He enjoyed dancing for millions and millions of people because it brought him happiness and brought happiness for others. Kai was striving for something, yet Aeri was living for nothing. What was the meaning of life? Why was she sticking to being normal and doing nothing that she actually wanted to do?

Yet, these thoughts were only her thoughts in the end. She, was not brave enough to actually take action; her brother would talk her out of it, Yixing would listen and encourage her to just stick to her lifestyle, and her colleagues would only reprimand her for thinking of such silly things. Exactly what was right and what was wrong? Who could she talk to?

Kai.....such a successful person, he could definitely give her constructive criticism and direct her to the right path. But....she did not know his number; although he said he would see her again, she had no idea how they would meet. And with those thoughts, she sadly continued with her lifestyle, as there really was, no way out.
--------------------
"Please let me go out today," Kai begged his manager, almost looking quite pathetic with his whiny voice and pleading eyes.

"Kai, you do know that it is my job to keep close to you so no controversies will occur. We can't let the paparazzi and all the fan girls stalk you!" he replied.

"I'll be careful, like always. I have to meet her." Kai pleaded again. He hadn't seen Aeri for about a week, and a week was already too long. They had been separated for too long, and he couldn't stand being away from her any longer. All the wrongdoings in the past had to be fixed in the present. 

Soon enough, his manager gave in; no one could stop Kai anyway even if he tied the dancer done. Kai would always find a way.

As he walked down the streets of Seoul, he finally arrived at Aeri's place, taking a deep breath, he wondered if Aeri had thought about him at all during this week, or was it all just his one-sided love?

Finally taking the courage, he pressed the doorbell. 

There was no response.

That's when he remembered that Aeri did in fact have a job, so of course she would be at home at this hour I'm the afternoon. Sighing, he took out some paper and a pen, writing something quickly before sticking it in the mailbox hastily. Rubbing his cold hands, he walked away in the distance, to the place where he would await her.
----------
Aeri sighed as she arrived home, yawning a little as she opened the small gate to her home, a

Please log in to read the full chapter