Marked Release

Those Unspoken Thoughts

Red has always been her favourite colour because there was something so deep about it. The way it was so rich and lively simply made her fall in love with the colour and not to forget, red was the colour of passion.

 

As the red began dying the white tiles of the bathroom floor, soojung could not help but sigh at its wondrous beauty (it’s red we are talking about here) and how it flawlessly decorated the ground beneath her. She had waited so long for this moment and after six months the time was right, one in which she could be reckless without facing the consequences. All those seemingly concerned are you okays yada yada. Not that they actually ever bothered.

 

The butterfly could finally be free of its cocoon and soojung sure as hell was glad she could finally be marked. Even the word sounds so beautiful. She finds those lines real pretty, patterns of some sort of organized mess on her pale hands that intersected at random. It started of with just a slight sliding of the penknife just slightly above her lifeline and before she knew it there were more and more marks each feeling better than the last. One less burden, she kept repeating, the sudden surge of release with each cut she made. Her paradise where no one could judge.

 

Red is the colour of passion. passion and blood.

 

Her blood to be exact. She rubs her eyes to be sure this is real. And she feels pretty again, pretty because something nice and red like blood is actually flowing within her. The worthless good-for-nothing her.

 

For once in her life, Soojung is elated because she thinks maybe, just maybe being marked has brought her one step closer to her search for joy and an identity. 

 

Happy New Year everyone! I'm hoping that 2014 will be a great year for all of you and since school is starting like tomorrow for me,  I'll try my very best to update constantly so please bear with me and once again thank you for even reading my crappy author notes and this (idk if i can even consider this as a fic but oh wells) so yes i really appreciate all of you guys HAHA. All the best!

-Captured