First of many Firsts

Those Unspoken Thoughts

There is this one game that Jongin and Soojung had been playing for as long as their memory can stretch back to. It was a pretty, well for lack of a better word, lame game. That is unless you consider two individuals at the age of 16 tapping each others shoulders as fast as possible and seeing who declares "i win" the first after the 10 seconds mark has been reached. 

 

Well, that was the exact game they were playing as of now while they stroll down the bone chilling Seoul streets ignoring the judging looks everyone else was giving them. As of now, they were just two happy teenagers in love and having fun. funny that most people say that the first dates are the most awkward ones where two people sit and stare at each other awkwardly across the table. Soojung thinks that they forgot to leave out the exceptions when these two individuals are friends turned lovers. Honestly speaking she thought that the transition would be weird, how funny is it to say "my boyfriend" instead of "my best friend"?

At least Jongin is currently enjoying his new found status. 

 


 

"Jung jung, who am i?"

"Kim Jongin." stupid Jongin trying his damn luck again.

"No no one more chance, who am I? Don't waste it or you will get punished." and there he is again, stupid smirk in place. oh what she would give just to wipe it off his face.

"Kim Jong-mmff" and before she even completes his name said person swoops down and gives her a peck on her philtrum. "i warned you." his voice a whisper across her skin. He pulls away as fast as he came as though nothing had just happened, when obviously, that douche knew that he just made her heart work 1000 times faster just to pump more blood around. 

"One last chance jungie, who am i?" 

"Kim-" and she stops short when she sees that warning look on jongin's face. Actually no she wouldn't mind being kissed by him again, hell she waited so long for this to happen. Wait Jung Soojung what are you thinking? No y thoughts no no go away. She shakes her head before shyly stuttering out that word. That just makes Jongin's smirk spread even wider.

 

"Now that's more like it dearie," he said before pinching her beet root red cheeks. There were many wonderful vocabularies in this world to describe Kim Jongin but right now annoying, conceited idiot would best fit this description. To think that he was purposely making her embarrassed by doing all these things why oh  why did the heavens torture her so that she had to fall for this . 

 

tap! "I won." 

 

Before Jongin could react to the fact that he actually just lost the game, Soojung takes off down the streets of Myeongdong, all the while screaming "help me!" with Jongin barreling down soon after. 

Soon, she is trapped by those warm arms again, not that she minds being caught against his chest but nope, she will definitely not admit that out loud. God knows how much Jongin would if she ever said that. So she keeps mum, pretending to struggle out of his grasp cursing those darn long legs of his and muttering how unfair the world is that she was born short. 

 

 

"Hey didn't you hear that good things come in small packages?" he whispers against her ears before releasing her. the cold comes back almost immediately and she regrets the struggling she did previously. Now, it would be nice to go back into his arms again. Wait, focus Soojung, focus on the subject at hand! 

"Stop it Jongin, stop the cheese." and she swats away his hand before it comes close to her cheeks again. Jongin somehow had this way with words that could charm her into believing anything even say for example if one day he were to sell poop for money, she was pretty sure people would somehow still buy it. 

"On a serious note, Soojung I do mean it, shorties are cuties you know?" He takes her cold hand in his warm one, effectively melting her down. She honestly can't stand the way she turns into goo every time jongin does something sweet for her, in fact she thinks she might puke if she saw the look on her face. After all, she had spent the past 10 years laughing and mocking those girls that seemed to crumble at their boyfriend's gazes which she thought was pretty revolting. Well, until it was her turn. Now she takes it all back, it wasn't revolting, it is sweet, or so she tries to convinve herself. 

 

 

It was only the first date and here she was already  such an emotional wreck. Oh the things jongin does to her. 

 

 

"So what does the mademoiselle fancy? Le restaurant Macdonald's or Kentucky's Famous family recipe chicken?" he sweeps his right hand into a bow and it would have been pretty touching if he wasn't wearing a fur coat and jeans. Now it just looked hilarious. 

"Trying to sound frenchy eh? are we being economical here?" she teases.

"Ah so the lady is pretty perceptive, a candle lit dinner is all i ask of you. So chicken or the Macdonald's restaurant?"

"Chicken please, my lord. please lead the way." She plays along by doing a little curtsey in her jeans. 

 

 

5 boxes of chicken thighs and wings later, the two teens tumbled out of their candle lit dinner //funny it was really candle lit since there was a power trip within the shop//. All the while Soojung was trying her best to refrain from yawning since it was already 11 o'clock and all. Alas, her resolve was no longer present and she let out a mighty loud yawn. After 2 hours of trying to hold back 6 or so yawns, they all came out at once as a monster and she is glad that at least Jongin was a best friend before her boyfriend and was probably already used to her antics. 

He casts a side glance at her and knowing how much Soojung cherishes her pride, ignores her action and continues trudging forward. 

 

11:07. all he had to do was keep her around for 4 more minutes and he could send her home considering how tired she was. Just 4 more minutes would do. finally, Soojung can't fight the weariness anymore since they have been out since 7am for school and she wants nothing more than to shower and slip under her duvet. Sure, Jongin was great but when she was tired, even sleep came before Jongin did. 

11:08. time crawls by like a snail.

11:09 Soojung is tugging on his coat again.

11:10 Jongin wants to give in to his weariness as well.

11:10: 59. Jongin's eyes snap open.

 

 

"Quick, quick! it's 11:11 now Soojung! Make a wish!"

"God, Jongin i can't believe you do this childish things as well. sometimes i wonder if you are secretly a gir-"

"Don't waste time. Make your wish now or the moment is lost." Jongin squeezes his eyes shut. Please keep Soojung safe.

With a great big sigh she grudgingly lowers her eyes and mutters out her wish that for once she hopes will be real. Please let Jongin remain the way he is, never to be changed by me and my ways. Let him remain pure and untainted.

 

 

Jongin smiles when he lifts his head and sees Soojung with her fingers clasped together. 11:12, the moment s over but not for Soojung and Jongin thinks that this may just be another one of those baby steps that Soojung has taken and rejoices in that. For now, that is enough. 

 


 

"Big baby, let's go home. I knew you would make a wish, no harm being childish." grabbing her tiny hand in his as they make their way home. WIth Jongin wondering the whole way if he should send her off with a kiss.

 

When the time finally came and he took the lift up with her to the fifth floor, stopping in front of her doorstep, he gently lifts up her face as she is digging for her house keys and plants a soft kiss on her lips before hugging her and leaving with a simple wave of his hands and "goodnight".

 

Jung Soojung is left standing there touching her lips wondering if that really just happened.  On 6 January 2014, 11:45pm, Jung Soojung lost her first kiss to Kim Jongin at her doorstep.  

 

 

Well I'm back again with another chapter! I decided to update since school is driving me crazy and the paragraphing is weird but no matter how much i fix it it's still weird, oh wells. Once again thanks for reading and please comments are LOVED like say hi or sth and perhaps i can get to know you guys better and stuff if fact anything random. Anything will do HAHA I love comments :)

-Captured