Story Ideas: Nov 2016

Ƨex, Ɗrugs & Ƈocoa Ƥuffs

 

 

All written on: 26/11/2016



 

 

Like I Do
Can’t Stop Drinking About You – Bebe Rexha

Description:
A young woman is trying to deal with the terminal illness of the only person who has ever cared about her by throwing herself back into her work – which happens to that of a gun for hire. Before she can go back to ending the pitiful stints of underground criminals and lecherous businessmen, she is approached by a long-time go-between of hers on behalf of a man who calls himself The Accountant. The job is a little out of her usual methods, but what is promised at the completion of the task is worth it. All she has to do is apprehend a certain man, take him across country and deliver him to her newest employer.

Everything is simple enough. Everything besides the rogue hitmen, faulty transportation, his incessant attempts to bond with her, and her hair-trigger temper.

 



I Hope You Know How To Stitch

Description:
While visiting her old high school friends in Columbia, a third-year veterinary student’s life is completely dismantled when she is caught up in an incident between an extremist paramilitary group and the local police force. Being taken hostage by armed forces, she and five other tourists who were in her group begin a new chapter of their lives on the front lines of a civil war.

 


 

Perception

Description:
I don’t know how I’m going to get home. Worse yet, I don’t know whether I still have one, or if I ever did at all.

After running out during a family meal which she had been avoiding for the past ten years, a young woman finds herself in the company of some unsavoury individuals. Caught up in an escalating situation, she reflects on her childhood, the way she had conducted herself since leaving the small town, and where the blame for it all should really belong.
 


 

Libraries Are Where Purgatory and Fate Meet.


Description:
A pair of suspicious characters have been parked outside of the library on and off for the past five days. The passenger is bored half to death by noon on the first day and decided to check out a couple of books. However, when he can’t find what he’s looking for, he asks at the admin desk only to be told that they had ‘just’ been taken out.

The same thing happens the next day with another book, and the day after. For five days, the same thing happens until the passenger is so enraged that he bursts into the building as soon as the door opens and sits by the administration in wait for the person ing with him.

 


 

You Make Me Insane

Description:
A reporter doing a story on unfair treatment inside of mental health institutes receives a letter from the mother of her childhood best friend asking for help to save her daughter. Going undercover as a patient at a recently re-opened asylum with a horrific history at the edge of her hometown, the young woman begins to realize just how bad things are inside the places she’s been slating for the past three months.


 


 

Parties, Dress-Up, and Murder

Description:
Listen, I know this is supposed to be a party and all, but two people have got into in-depth stoner conversation with me about my graphic costume, one guy threw his drink at me from across the room and tried to play it off as an accident as a means to flirt, and I killed three people before I got in my car. Forgive me for being irritable.

 


 

Picture Me Right

Description:
I cut out on a job interview because I was still drunk from the night before. I decided to sit in a park in the centre of town and took a few photographs because I couldn’t handle returning home. I was lining up a perfect shot when a beautiful boy speaking with a pair of strangers messed up the focus.

He was my muse the moment I saw that charming smile and finesse when he stole the man’s wallet with a graceful flick of his wrist passed off as a thankful pat to the shoulder.

 


 

Fun Fairs Aren’t Fun


Description:
I went to a fun fair with my friends today. “It will be fun”, they said. “The idea is in the name”, they said. What they didn’t say was that that they would dare me to ride the Ferris Wheel when they know I’m terrified of heights. They also didn’t mention that my cart would be hijacked by a stranger, but it’s not like they can see into the future. Still, it happened all the same.

After forty five minutes of talking over dares and then me losing at my task of completing the Hen Night Checklist, I was forced into one of the wobbly little carts of the machine which would take me sixty foot into the air. That was bad all by itself. The fact a strange man had argued outside of my door and then paid his way in to the apparently last cart was worse.

The fact that the electricity for the entire site had cut out whilst we were at the top was my own personal nightmare.

I was wasted, he had a gun, and I’m pretty sure I peed a little when he opened the door and started to pull me out with him.

 



Shoot Me Down

Description:
An Iraq military vet struggling to adjust to civilian life comes home from therapy to discover his house shot up, his fiancé missing, and a very specific note stuck to the mirror. Falling back on his instincts, the ex-soldier sets out to find those responsible.

 



Night Nurse

Description:
It’s the graveyard shift and on your way out of a side exit, you see a man bleeding out on the floor. He asks you to help him without telling anyone else, and you know that you have no authority to help him inside of the hospital, so you sneak him in and patch him up. Just as you’re about to leave, two suspicious men start questioning the nigh nurse at the admin desk. Before you can do or say anything, they shoot her and start searching the rooms.

You have no choice but to run with the man you saved.

 



Answer the Phone


I Want Candy Dead

Description:
A female ‘Fixer’ is sent to clean up a mess left behind by a prime mobster after he goes missing. Unfortunately, she is accompanied by two idiots who don’t know the difference between the words whacked and Smackhead, let alone how things work when bullets start to fly and blood starts to flow.

 


 

Viva Las Vegas

Description:
It’s the 1980’s and you’re in the greatest place in the world: Las Vegas. Unfortunately, you’re also surrounded by liars, cheats, and murderers. What started as a play to make a name for yourself quickly ends up going terribly wrong when you wake up in a hotel room which is not your own; the other occupants are in disarray, the place is trashed, you’re pretty sure there’s a six foot flamingo in the corner, and the others are quarrelling about how to hide the dead body before looking to you.

The story revolves around the lives of:
A casino boss,
A wife of a burnout
A casino croupier
A drug dealer
A show-girl
A professional Con artist

 


 

The Trip of a Lifetime

Description:
A nurse and a document forger are forced to go on the run with a serial killer when an apartment break-in goes horribly wrong. They pick up a young homeless person and a runaway actor on the way to the killers "Special Place”.

 



Weddings, Mobsters, and Choices.

Description:
The woman of his dreams is getting married. It breaks his heart – But it’s more important that his boss stays happy.

When the wedding party is under siege, he has to make a choice between finding the drunken bride, or saving his half-dead boss.

 


 

Of Groupies, Roadies, and Reporters: The Untold Tale of a Rock Band


[Roadie – Tenacious D]

Description:
An up and coming rock band takes to the road on a tour. They are documented through the eyes of their groupies, roadies, and a naive reporter.

--