Story Ideas: August 2015 [So Far]

Ƨex, Ɗrugs & Ƈocoa Ƥuffs

Always Fix The Odds
Status: Unposted
Genre: Martial Arts, Sports, Action, Organized Crime, Drama, Tournament, Mystery, Relationships, Mixed Nationality
Characters: Undecided
Start Date: 2nd August 2015 [Original Idea: 28th October 2012]
Warnings: Swearing, Excessive Violence, ual Themes
Synopsis: A handful of people from different walks of life find themselves playing deadly, multi-layered games of Cat-and-Mouse with dire consequences as several civilians clash with gangsters when the local mob boss’s only son is beat to death and 25 Million Won is stolen from the corpse.

At the same time, an international Mixed Martial Arts tournament is set to begin in Gangwon Province. With nothing but their lives and their prides to use as currency, a rabble from three different factions fight to save not only their own lives, but those they love after testing the wrong people.


Resonant Rhapsody: Oneshot/Drabble Collection [300+ Prompts]
Status: Posted Here
Genre: Varied for each chapter.
Characters: Varied for each chapter.
Start Date: 5th August 2015
Warnings: Ranges from Crack and Author’s terrible attempts at Fluff, to Ultraviolence and . Each chapter will be marked accordingly.
Synopsis: A collection of oneshots and drabbles using a list of 300+ prompts.
Varied genres, characters; details for each ‘ficlet’ will be posted at the top of the chapter.


No Rest For The Wicked
Status: Unposted
Genre: Organized/Crime, Dark Comedy, Action, Mystery, Soul Searching, Relationships, Hurt/Comfort
Characters: Undecided
Start Date: 11th August 2015
Warnings: Swearing, Substance Abuse, Violence, Occasional ual Themes, Portrayals of varied degrees of abuse.
Synopsis: Orion Carlisle has the uncanny ability to bring every criminal in her sight to justice - It’s just that her methods fall way below the board of professionalism...Or even humane, at some points. Faced with an indefinite suspension for an array of misconducts, she has the choice between semi-paid leave, and being posted half way across the globe.

Picking anything besides sitting at home and drinking herself into a coma, the young English patrol-cop is sent to Hong Kong to join a new unit formed under the orders of the International Criminal Court in order to capture Liu Feng; The Ghost, whom had wrecked havoc across Europe, the America's, and Asia.

Along with a handful of specialists covering every base from espionage and military finesse, to professional gambling and identity theft, Rion tries to keep herself in the bounds of the strict Chinese law while searching for the native Kingpin she has personal ties to.


I Keep Falling, For You
Status: Unposted
Series: Part of a semi-comical/Parody collection of short stories inspired by cliche plots found on Asianfanfics.
Genre: Supernatural [Werewolves], Action, Parody, Dark Romance, Drama, Black Comedy, Hurt/Comfort, Strategy
Characters: Kim JoonMyeon, Zhang YiXing, Oh SeHun, Jeon JungKook, Lee SeungHyun, Kim YoungWoon, Koo JunHoe, Jung YunHo, Ok TaekYeon. [O.C’s] Hyeo KiRyon & Shin KiSe
Start Date: 17th August 2015
Warnings: Swearing, , Gore, Excessive Violence
Synopsis: Hyeo KiRyon is ed. Or at least, she will be by the time Mating Season is over.

In more senses than one, the twenty four year old finally has to stop running and return to her home town in order to take control of her pack in its time of need. To every pro, there is con to match: With her father recently deceased, Ryon is in charge, but not for long. By the law of the land, she has to marry, mate, and take part in a set of gruesome rituals before she can truly become the leader of her outrageous and aggressive kin.

With three Beta’s vying to become the Alpha male of the nation's strongest pack, wooing KiRyon into mating becomes little more than sport and mind games in order to succeed the Hyeo bloodline - and all of its infamy.


Trouble Seems To Follow [Working Title]
Status: Unposted
Genre: Supernatural, Action, Drama, Dark Comedy, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery
Characters: Scott McCall, Stiles Stilinski, Lydia Martin, Liam Dunbar, Malia Tate, Jordan Parrish, Theo Raeken - Others. [O.C’s]
Series: Teen Wolf [TV Show]
Start Date: 18th August 2015 [Original Idea:  25th June 2012]
Warnings: Swearing, ual Themes, Gore
Synopsis: Scott is busy with his impeding future, Chimera’s, and Dread Doctors, but his main worries go out to his extending pack as both internal and external factors fight to ruin his closest friends.

In the midst of dealing with his daily dose of chaos, two women break into his forefront of trouble and demand his immediate attention. Both aggressive and sly, the strange duo dangle the answers the pack has been searching for in front of their faces, but they make a point of letting them know that nothing in life - or even death - comes for free.

 

 


 

A.N: Either Thursday or Friday - depending how rough I feel tomorrow - I will post an extensive chapter [or two] talking about chapter structuring and character building. It will compile everything that I've learnt from various sources, including how to use an Eight-Point Plot Arc [and other Arc systems], a checklist to make sure you haven't forgotten anything important, and tips for building believable characters and establishing their goals without having to overdo descriptives of their clothes.  Those pointers will be especially helpful if you're like me and tend to go back and forth between stories [it will help you pick up where you left off several months later without wondering what the you were thinking].