005

Switched!

It wasn't a dream, there was a fairy standing- no, flying above her! Eunji pinched herself, this is a dream, she told herself. It's a dream, it's a dream, she kept chanting in her head. But no, the fairy was staring at her with it's two humongous eyes. It had the form of a human being, except for it had horns embedded into it's head. It wore a black and white complicated looking top with extremely baggy leopard print pants. 

 
She screamed.
 
"Please don't scream! She'll come up and-" the 'fairy' waved it's hands everywhere, eyes widening in fear.
 
It was her mother, but she was different, very different. 
 
She came barging into Eunji's room. She was dressed in a long black dress, her face was caked with layers and layers of make up (with striking red lipstick), she was definitely a different yet similar person entirely.
 
"Are you out of your mind? I have guests visiting, you ungrateful twit." She glared.
 
Eunji stared at her with the wildest face ever, was this her mother? Wasn't her Mother caring, kind and a little weird? This Mother was mean, devious and sharp! Where had her senses gone? She looked back at the 'fairy' who was shaking her head in disapproval. Couldn't she see the huge fairy floating above them? No, her Mother just kept glaring at her.
 
"You better learn to zip up, before I sew your lips up for you." Her Mother warned her and slammed the door while she swaggered out. She suddenly noticed that her room had changed entirely. It wasn't even her room, it looked like it was made for a princess! With golden rims on the wallpaper, and endless shelves of books, expensive ornaments and branded make up and fragrance products. What caught her eye was the closet, full of stylish clothes and shoes, it was a dream come true for every girl. 
 
"Earth to Eunji, I'm still here." The Fairy snapped it's fingers in front of her. Eunji jerked back into reality, she was still extremely shocked by the change of things. First this floating fairy, then her devious Mother and lastly, her flawless room? Where im the world had she landed?
 
"W-Who are you?" She asked, looking at the fairy.
 
The fairy cleared it's throat,"I'm the Protector of Light, Hikari! The stupid Guardians sent me to teach you some values of theirs. Personally, i say screw that because I came to earth to play!" Hikari grinned, performing a few forward rolls in the air.
 
"Wait, could you tell me why the hell is everything so different?" She asked, confused.
 
"Well, of course you're in another world!" Hikari furrowed it's eyebrows, then gave a face of realisation.
 
Eunji's mouth dropped.
 
"Ah, you never read the book huh?" Hikari pursed his lips,"I guess Konto wanted to give it to me hard."
 
Eunji was speechless.
 
"Okay so this is how it goes. In my world, we protect people from falling into what we call 'holes'. Usually they get into a situation that's hard to get out of because of a certain problem they have. And for you my friend, that's your stubbornness. So the Four Guardians sends a Protector down to earth to guide the person through parallel worlds which they will find the answer to their problems." Hikari explained.
 
"What? How does this solve my problem? How does giving me a useless party-animal fairy and a crazily evil mother make my life any better?" Eunji screamed in denial, eyes roaming everywhere.
 
"Excuse you! I'm not useless! Everybody's made with flaws and strengths, even Protectors and Guardians! You just have to go through tough situations to find out your strengths and flaws!" Hikari said, displeased with what she said.
 
Eunji fell silent.
 
"Geez, they should have put her under straightforward and stubborn." Hikari mumbled to herself.
 
"Alright, alright. If you're going to help me get through this world, I need to know more about you. So, tell me about yourself." Eunji grumbled.
 
"Firstly, I'm Hikari, male Protector of Light." He repeated.
 
"You already said that, Hikari." Eunji looked at him with an unamused expression.
 
"Oh, I did? Well then, there's nothing much I can say. I'm just here to help you, but at the same time I shall find out the wonders of this strange world." Hikari exclaimed, grinning in excitement.
 
Eunji was still taking everything in, when Hikari attacked her with a full on explanation of his world. This fairy was quite a chatterbox.
 
"So Konto has the job of a boundary zone guard. What he does is assign the fairies to the places that need them. He also makes sure that none of them brings extra fairy dust to earth." Hikari ranted, but suddenly a sly yet playful grin was painted on his face.
 
"Well, of course, I sneaked some extra dust out." Hikari sniggered, pulling out a bottle of some dust that were sparkly and gold in colour.
 
"What does it do?" Eunji asked, staring at the dust.
 
"It helps to solve situations! But if you use too much at once, it might get complicated." Hikari explained.
 
"Complicated?" She asked.
 
"The space time continuum might get affected, and you might not be able to get back to your real world." Hikari explained in more detail. 
 
"Wait, that means I'll be stuck in this world forever?!" Eunji gasped in horror.
 
"Well there's also a possibility that you'll be sent to other worlds until you get back to your own. God knows how many, there are at least a million parallel worlds. But of course, I won't let that happen. I'm keeping this dust safe and sound in my pocket!" Hikari casually said, causing Eunji to be even more worried.
 
"No, you're not keeping that. What if you spill everything by accident? We're keeping it in my safe." Eunji tried to grab the bottle but Hikari pulled back immediately and flew up higher than she could reach.
 
"Don't try to steal it. I know how to take care of it, don't worry." Hikari rolled his eyes.
 
"Excuse me, my life is at risk here!" Eunji frowned, crossing her arms in frustration.
 
"I'll keep it safe!" Hikari insisted, pouting.
 
Eunji and Hikari finally dropped the topic and continued to talk about other things.
 
"Okay, so how are you supposed to help me get over this 'bad habit'?" Eunji asked, lying on her bed.
 
Hikari levitated above her, and replied,"Well you're stubborn and straightforward so we definitely have to fix that." 
 
"Well you're irresponsible and playful!" Eunji fought back, she felt a little offended that he pointed that out.
 
"What?!" Hikari screamed.
 
Suddenly the door swung open, it was her Father. He was different as well, instead of his usual smile, he had an expression of anger.
 
"Eunji, your Mother has guests over. Please keep your volume down before she comes up to scream at you again." Suprisingly, her Father in this world was calm and composed despite his black expression.
 
"Y-Yes Father." Eunji replied, as he shut the door.
 
"I wonder how's Jongup and Zelo like! This is kind of fun, seeing everyone's personalities change!" Eunji chuckled.
 
Hikari smiled,"Yeah, have some fun and loosen up a little!" 
 
Author's Note:
Merry Christmas! Thanks for the support so far!