004

Switched!

After reading that book from the library, Eunji couldn't stop thinking about it. Her problem definitely had not been solved, everyone had been ignoring her for the last 4 days since the incident. And in addition to that, Youngjae forced her to complete the deal even in such bad times. Eunji honestly knew that if she had just apologised, everything would be fine. Of course, there was only one thing stopping her: pride. She had insisted more than a billion times that it wasn't her fault. On the other hand, Yongguk had gotten so tired and sad that he started skipping school to stay at home and play his video games. Himchan and Daehyun wouldn't talk to him. Her Mother and Father were still angry at her for lying to them. And Jongup stopped sending her to school as all she did was complain about the people who were ignoring her. And Junhong- well he always had been ignoring his sister.

 
Eunji's curiosity for that book was huge, but she had to resist the pressure as he was afraid of how accurate that book was. I know it sounds silly, but she thought that all psychic books like that always gave you trouble like in the movies.
 

 
A week passed and no one had talked to her in ages. It seemed like she had disappeared off the face of earth. Eunji couldn't take it and finally went up to Daehyun to apologise, well her form of apology. 
 
"Alright, you are the confident you, Eunji. You can do this, an apology is nothing much." Eunji convinced herself, took a deep breath and rung the doorbell of Daehyun's house.
 
Daehyun was still wearing his pajamas and had bed hair as it was early in the morning. 
 
"Oh, it's you." Daehyun's expression darkened, he had to admit he felt really bad and missed her a lot but he swore to himself that this time he was going to get rid of her stubbornness.  
 
"I-I came here to..." Eunji stuttered, some how she couldn't bring herself to apologise. Why? Well because she did not think she was in the wrong! 
 
"I came here to ask you why are you ignoring me." Eunji gave up apologising and returned to her stubborn self.
 
"Seriously, Eunji? Hey look, I want you to get rid of that stubborn attitude. You know you are in the wrong! You're a wonderful girlfriend, I love every bit of you, every bit except your stubborn character. Since we got together, we had some fights and every one of them were solved by my apology. Go think about it." Daehyun stared at her and said.
 
Eunji was frozen, it was the first time that Daehyun was so cold to her. It felt terrible, it was heartbreaking. Her eyes teared up, but she quickly looked away. She was stubborn, but she also pretended to be alright most of the times, trying to be stronger than everyone.
 
"Eunji..." Daehyun's heart softened as he saw his girlfriend, who has never cried in front of him, break down.
 
"I-I'm okay. You're right, I should think about it." She forced a smile, her eyes were red but no tears were falling out. 
 
"Eunji, I didn't mean to-" Daehyun eyebrows furrowed, feeling extremely bad. 
 
"No, this isn't your fault. It's mine. I can't see that this is all my fault. I'm stubborn, and I can't accept the truth." Eunji eyes were swollen. She quickly turned around and left just as a tear escaped from her eyes.
 
Daehyun stood there, speechless and broken. He had just made the love of his life, the girl who was so strong, cry.
 

 
"Eunji, stop being a baby." She wiped her tears off and wrapped herself in her blanket.  
 
"Why can't you just admit to your wrongdoings, Eunji?" She hit her head hard as more tears flowed out.
 
"I want to apologise, but when I go up to them, I just can't do it!" Eunji covered her face with the blanket, as her tears stained the pillow.
 
Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. It was Jongup, her older brother.
 
"Hey- why are you wrapped up in your blanket? Are you sick?" Jongup rushed up to her with concern.
 
"Yeah I am." Eunji's voice was hoarse and it was obvious that she was crying.
 
"Eunji..." Jongup's eyes softened as he sat by her bed.
 
"I'm fine." She lied.
 
"No you're not." He pulled down her blanket by a bit to look at her. Her eyes were bloodshot red and her face was stained wet with tears.
 
"This is called fine?" He wiped her tears with his thumb.
 
"I can't do this. Why am I so stubborn, brother? Do I have another me inside of my soul?" Eunji let go of her tears, and cried out.
 
"You know, I had this problem when I was younger as well. I was extremely stubborn, and because of that I started to hate myself. As I begun to realise how much I hated myself, my flaws became more prominent to me. They made me hate myself even more, as I noticed them even more. But you know, sometimes we're so distracted by the big negativities, that we forget to look at the small positivities." Jongup smiled reassuringly, giving her a big hug.
 
"The small positivities?" Eunji's tears stopped for awhile, her mind went blank. 
 
She could think of nothing. 
 
"Wait here for a little bit." Jongup left the room to search for something. He came back holding a book that looked familiar to Eunji.
 
"This book helped me as a teenager. I want you to have it. It's titled,'The Four Guardians'." Jongup handed the storybook to her. It had a beautiful cover, the blue night sky and the starry stars that shone ever so brightly.
 
Eunji stared at the book,"This is..."
 
It was the book she had seen in the library. After Jongup left, she held it in her hands, just looking at it. She wasn't going to open it, she didn't want to admit that she needed help. 
 
"I-I don't need you." She placed the book underneath her pillow.
 
The night stars on the book cradled her to sleep as her mind drifted away to a far away land.
 

 


There were flashes of images, a monster, rain and shouting. There couldn't have been a stranger dream. Small speech could be heard, 'Don't worry, I'm here to help.'  The sound of rain was loud, it took over her mind. Switching of scenes every few seconds.

She woke up.
 
And there was rain, shouting, and a monster. It wasn't a dream.