003

Switched!

 


"Step one, disguise yourselves." Himchan and Yongguk took out sunglasses and forced them onto Eunji.
 
"Guys, I don't have time to play. It's serious business here, if they find out I'm here- I'm dead! Wait, guys?" Eunji looked around her, they had gone missing.
 
"Do you think they can tell?" Himchan whispered playfully to Yongguk.
 
"Definitely not, we're fully disguised." Yongguk whispered back, covering his face with the menu. They were wearing black leather jackets, sunglasses indoor and masks. They were definitely suspicious.
 
Eunji smacked her face with her hand,"I guess I'm alone. Damn, how can I get out of here with Junhong facing the door? He'll recognise me immediately." 
 
Suddenly, Eunji heard her parents call out to Yongguk and Himchan,"Hey isn't that Eunji's friends? You guys here for dinner?"
 
"Yep! Eunji came, but I don't know where she is." Yongguk smiled back.
 
Himchan glared at him with looks that could kill, whispering, "You idiot."
 
"Oh..." Yongguk covered his mouth.
 
"Eunji's here? Isn't she at home studying?" Her Mother pursed her lips.
 
"Wow that idiot." Eunji swore under her breath and stood up, revealing herself to her family.
 
"Hi." Eunji waved uncomfortably to her family while half glaring at Yongguk.
 

 
Eunji's mobile phone rang for the eleventh time. Her Mother had grounded her for a day and she wasn't happy as the next day was a Saturday which Daehyun had planned to go to an amusement park with her.
 
"What?" She finally picked up her phone, sounding extremely annoyed.
 
"Oh my gosh finally! I'm so sorry Eunji! I wasn't thinking and said it. I'm so sorry!" Yongguk's voiced echoed on the line.
 
"Saying sorry won't bring back my date with Daehyun at the amusement park!" Eunji spat into the phone.
 
"Oh...sorry. Maybe he can go to your house instead? He'll understand." Yongguk suggested, still feeling extremely bad.
 
"Don't you dare suggest anything. Seriously! If you hadn't opened your big mouth, this wouldn't have happened!" Eunji growled, her words pierced into Yongguk. He kept silent for awhile.
 
"I'm really sorry." Yongguk mumbled.
 
"Is that all you can do? Ugh!" Eunji rolled her eyes and screamed in frustration, hanging up.
 
Soon, Himchan called her.
 
"Hello?" Eunji picked up her phone.
 
"You shouldn't have done that, Eunji. It was your fault for staying out without your parents knowing. Yongguk said it without thinking, and he already apologised. I didn't know you were so childish." He reprimanded her, and hung up immediately. In his voice, there was disappointment.
 
"What the hell?" Eunji swore, throwing her phone on the ground.
 
"It's not my fault." She stubbornly tried to convince herself.
 
In another world, there were four guardians watching her. 
 
"I think it's time." The first said.
 
"I think so too, but we have to wait for awhile. Give her a chance to realise that she was wrong." The second suggested.
 
"Give her a chance? Do you know how many chances we have given this girl?" The third disagreed, furrowing his eyebrows.
 
"Everyone deserves chances. Let's wait for awhile more." The fourth, and the wisest made the decision.
 
All of them nodded their heads in agreement, some who meant it and who didn't.
 

 
"Hello? Daehyun, I needed to tell you that-" Eunji dialled his number and called him.
 
"I know. Himchan told me everything." Daehyun cut her off and said in a tone that was full of disappointment as well.
 
"I-I'm sorry." Eunji apologised.
 
"I always knew you were stubborn, but never mean." Daehyun spat, hanging up immediately.
 
Eunji felt bad for the first time, but her stubbornness took over.
 
So she spent her time rotting away at home, waiting for someone to talk to her to patch things up, but they never did.
 
"It's not like it was my fault..." Eunji insisted.
 
Soon, Monday came and it was back to school. 
 
Of course, she hadn't forgotten Youngjae's deal which she had been dreading since the weekend. Everyone still seemed angry with her, no one talked to her except Yongguk.
 
Taking her things out from her locker for class, Eunji turned around and to her shock, Youngjae was standing really close to her.
 
"Get away." Eunji pushed him slightly back.
 
"I heard about your fight with Yongguk and the rest." Youngjae leaned in and whispered to her.
 
"What? How did you-" Eunji was shocked, how did he know?
 
"Luckily for me, a certain somebody was drunk. Yongguk was sitting alone at a park, talking to himself, where i happened to be walking my dog and accidentally heard the entire thing." Youngjae 'boasted'.
 
"Wow my life ." Eunji cringed.
 
"I think most people in the school will agree." Youngjae smirked.
 
"Wait- did you?" Eunji's eyes widened.
 
Youngjae shrugged, gave a suspicious looking smile and walked off looking happier than ever.
 
Eunji looked at everyone's faces, they were all staring at her with an expression that wasn't so good.
 

 
"That bastard Youngjae, I'll get back at him when all of this is over." Eunji sighed.
 
She had escaped to the library, where everyone was reading and too busy to realise that Eunji was there. Apparently, Youngjae had sent a recording of Yongguk's drunk voice to almost everyone in the school. He was rein-acting everything that had happened.
 
Eunji looked through the millions of books to distract her from the problem.
 
She scanned through the titles, reading aloud in her mind, "Ten Ways to be Fabulous, Terrible Tarantulas, Tim Thachter and the Gigantic Giant..." She paused for awhile as her eyes landed upon an interesting book. It was coloured the night sky, filled with stars, and it was titled,'The Four Guardians'.
 
Slipping the book out of the shelf, she opened the book and started to read, "Once Upon a Time, In a Land not so far away, there lived four guardians. The First ruled over a land where most people were rich and powerful. The Second ruled over a land where poverty took over everyone's lives. The Third ruled over a land where plants grew all over, and people were much more complicated. The Fourth ruled over a planet which was just like yours and mine, he was the wisest. Now to you who is reading this now, you're facing some kind of problem now, aren't you?" Eunji stopped reading, she quickly put down the book. 
 
"Mother always told me psychic books are bad for the soul." She felt goosebumps scatter all over her skin as she let out a small shiver. Some people started staring at her, which she quickly fled from.