001

Switched!
She opened her eyes, sunlight filtered through the translucent curtains which shone into her room. She stretched her arms out and gave a big yawn. Rolling off the bed while humming to the tune of her favourite song, she looked in the mirror and grinned.
 
She made her way to the toilet where she quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face.
 
"Mom! What's for breakfast?" She ran to the kitchen, excited to see what her Mother had cooked. Recently, her Mother had been on a roll with breakfast. In the past week, she had sushi, cake pops, cookies and even sashimi for breakfast! She wondered what kind of amazing, delicious and scrumptious meal she could expect today.
 
"Eh?" She stopped in her tracks and stared at the empty dining table. Her eyes twitched a little before she swore to herself in her mind,"Sigh, did Mom get over another obsession? And to think I was starting to like this one the best..." 
 
Her Mother has always been picking up new skills everyday or week. She had learnt how to dance, sing, cook, paint, build, sew, film, basically anything you could ever think of! The only problem was that she would always give it up within a few weeks or even a few days. 
 
"Ah, Eunji! Help me to hold this down." A clumsy looking middle aged woman came walking into the kitchen holding a huge paper origami crane. 
 
"Moooooom! Why did you stop making breakfast? I was so happy! I was elated, jubilated, on cloud nine! Why? Why? Why!" She stomped her feet grumpily.
 
"Sorry daughter, it's just that folding origami is so interesting! Did you know that there are over a million ways to fold a piece of paper? I'm going to try every one of them!" Her Mother smiled to herself and continued folding the paper crane.
 
Eunji sighed to herself loudly and ran to her parent's room where her Father was sleeping.
 
"Dad!" She jumped on him.
 
"Mhhhmpff?" He rolled over and grunted.
 
"Mom's not making sushi anymore!" Eunji whispered in his ear. He nearly immediately jumped out of his bed, (which sent Eunji flying) running to her Mother.
 
"Darling, why did you stop? I love you." Her Father smiled sweetly, hugging her.
 
"I'm tired of sushi." Her Mother said simply, concentrating on her origami.
 
"How can you get tired of sushi?!" Her Father felt offended and stomped off to go back to sleep.
 
"Guys, can you keep it down? I can't hear my girlfriend!" Junhong shouted from his room. He was Eunji's younger brother. His character was more of a playful and childish person; and he loved playing with girls as well.
 
"Too bad! Blame yourself for dating, and respect your eighteen year old sister!" Eunji screamed, reminding him that he was two years younger than her.
 
"Speak for yourself Miss dating Jung Daehyun!" Junhong attacked her. Eunji immediately blushed.
 
"Shut up!" She screamed.
 
It was only a month ago when he asked her to be his girlfriend. She recalled how, where and when he asked her. It was at the theme park where they first met, on 25 December 2013; Christmas Day. Daehyun loved doing events for Eunji; so it had to be spectacular. He even got the help of the amusement park staff! It was beautiful, lights everywhere, romantic music filled the air, and on the ferris wheel; he asked her to be his girlfriend. She was shocked as he had always been just a friend, (which she had a huge crush on; and secretly he did too) but she said yes anyway and they have been happy ever since.
 
Eunji squealed at the thought of Daehyun.
 
"Oh shoot! I'm late!" Eunji looked at her watch and scrambled everywhere to prepare for college classes.
 
"My dear sister, are you late?" Jongup, her older brother stood by her room door, leaning on it.
 
"Oh Oppa!" Eunji smiled in glee. Jongup was the total opposite of Junhong. Unlike the younger brother, he was very mature and loving. He would gladly punch any man that hurt Eunji. 
 
"Oppa, can you give me a ride to school?" Eunji flashed her pearly white teeth in a gentle and cute smile, attempting to persuade Jongup into sending her to school.
 
"Of course!" Jongup laughed.
 
"Yay! Thanks Oppa!" Eunji hugged Jongup tightly and ran out to wear her shoes.
 
"Ready?" Jongup asked, mounting his bike.
 
"Yeah!" Eunji exclaimed while kicking at the back of her shoe to fit it in. She jumped on the back of his bike happily.
 
"Alright, safety first." Jongup placed a white helmet on her head, adjusting it to fit.
 
"Let's go then." Jongup chuckled and set off.
 
He rode faster than the wind. Strong gushes of wind Eunji's brown hair, pushing it to the back.
 
"Oppa! You're going too fast!" She shouted at him, grabbing on to his waist tightly.
 
"You told me you were late!" Jongup laughed heartily.
 
"We could die!" Eunji screamed in fear.
 
"Then you better hold on tight!" Jongup went even faster.
 
On the way to her school, they passed by Eunji's two best friends, Yongguk and Himchan.
 
"Hey guys! Help me!" Eunji shrieked as Jongup's bike whizzed past them.
 
"Was that Eunji?" Himchan asked.
 
"Beats me, probably some crazy woman." Yongguk chuckled, bobbing his head to the music from his earphones.
 
Jongup and Eunji reached school early. 
 
"Thanks for the ride, although you went too fast." Eunji stumbled around, trying to get her balance.
 
"No problem dear sister. I have to go to work now! Have fun in school!" Jongup smiled and whizzed off again.
 
"Oh! It was her!" Himchan said, running from behind Eunji.
 
"Hi guys!" Eunji waved to them gleefully.
 
"That crazy woman was you?" Yongguk caught up, asking bluntly.
 
Eunji shrieked sarcastically, covering with her hand,"What do you mean crazy woman?"
 
"Well, your hair was flying everywhere." Yongguk gave a muffled and unsure laughter.
 
"I'll murder you and eat you for dinner Bang Yongguk." Eunji glared at him jokingly.
 
"I have no fats though." Yongguk joked.
 
"You'll soon gain some while wasting your time at home playing those video games." Eunji teased.
 
Yongguk jumped on her and covered ,"Shut up! I have a reputation here!" 
 
"Alright guys, we better get going to class. If we're late, the teachers will scream at Eunji and I." Himchan laughed, pulling Yongguk off of Eunji.
 
"Why won't they scream at the video game guy?" Eunji asked, jokingly glaring at Yongguk again.
 
"Because he's too scary to the teachers." Himchan chuckled.
 
Yongguk smirked in approval. He was known as the school's ultimate rebel. The first time he stepped foot into college, he had already started causing trouble. In fact, he once set the school on fire by "accident" through a chemistry experiment. Interestingly, the only ones who weren't running for their lives but laughing hysterically were Himchan and Eunji. 
 
On the other hand, Himchan was a genius who followed the rules well. He had always scored top in the level without fail. Other than having a big brain, he had a secret talent that no one knew of except for his best friends, and that was the talent to sing like an angel. He wouldn't tell anyone because- well he didn't know why himself. Maybe when the right time came, he will reveal his secret talent.
 
Eunji was in the middle of them both. She was a social buzz, making good friends fast and well. She was liked by everyone, well almost everyone.
 
Her one and only rival; Yoo Youngjae had always been competing with her. Competing for what you ask? Well, competing to see who could publish a better school newspaper article. That's right, they were in the school newspaper community. They wrote about any event, from celebrations to exams. They were the top two reporters within a team of 6 people. The teacher in charge had always been choosing Eunji's article to be on the front page, and Youngjae did not like that one bit.
 
The three of them were walking to their lockers when Eunji heard somebody scream her name.
 
"Jung Eunji!" Youngjae came running into the hall, waving a newspaper in the air while pushing through the sea of students,"I did it! I beat you, er!" He stuck his tongue out and  threw the newspaper at her.
 
"Your article about cats made the front page?!"Eunji shrieked in disbelief.
 
"Well, well, well. Looks like somebody lost! Don't forget what you promised me, your punishment!" Youngjae winked and swaggered away.
 
"Ooo, cats." Himchan snatched the newspaper from Eunji's hands and starting reading intensively.
 
"Himchan!" Eunji screamed, ruffling her hair in frustration.
 
"Sorry, cats are too interesting to not read about." Himchan replied in a monotone manner.
 
Eunji grunted unhappily while Yongguk asked,"So what was your punishment?"
 
"I have to carry a sign that says:'Yoo Youngjae is a great author and person, I really like him.' around in school!" Eunji whined and flailed her arms everywhere.
 
"Ooo, sounds like a love story to me." Yongguk chuckled.
 
Eunji nearly choked, she then continued to pretend to vomit,"Ew! More like horror story." 
 
"I heard something about a love story?" Daehyun tapped Eunji's shoulder. 
 
"Dae! I'm so glad you're here. Youngjae's an , he's gonna make me carry a sign around in school that's praising him to the core!" Eunji pouted and hugged him.
 
"Oh, maybe I should make you do that as well. Like a sign that says:'I love Jung Daehyun, my boyfriend. I give great hugs and kisses to him. Especially last night at the park, I-'" Daehyun rambled on and laughed.
 
Eunji quickly covered his mouth with her hand but felt him kiss the underneath of her hand, which she then quickly pulled away from.
 
Himchan and Yongguk stood there watching them,"Well, see you in class Eunji. Have fun kissing." They laughed childishly and ran off.
 
"Dae!" Eunji beat his shoulder.
 
"Sorry darling, but last night's date was really great." Daehyun smirked and pulled her in closer.
 
"I know I arrange great dates. Shall we go to an amusement park this weekend again?" She winked.
 
His face immediately went pale,"No! A thousand times no. We can go to the beach, the movies, hell we can even stay at home, just not the amusement park. Please honey." 
 
She chuckled,"I don't care, you just embarrassed me in front of my friends. I need my revenge you know." 
 
"What if I do this?" Daehyun pulled her into a hug and then kissed her on her lips lightly.
 
"Mm...Well I guess we can always stay at home and play video games." Eunji gave a blushing smile.
 
"That's my girl." Daehyun pat her head, grinning back at her.
 
"Let's go to class now." Daehyun took her hand and intertwined her fingers with his. With that, they walked to class.
 

 

 
Author's Note
 
Hello to all my lovely readers! Thank you for viewing my story, Switched. It was been sitting in my draft box, nearly completed, so you can expect quick updates everyday! I hope you'll choose to stay with this story.  This story is a little twisted from my other stories. Switched! is comedy, fantasy and romance all at once. It also has some morals at the end that I hope to teach to everyone here. Till then, cheerios! 
 
- avocadeu