Monday

Fade

                Although Jaejoong usually got a ride to school in the mornings, Yunho had been hoping to see the other male. They hadn’t exchanged many words the night before after the kiss they shared, but Yunho hadn’t thought they were needed.

                Since Jaejoong usually got a ride, Yunho waited for him at the front gates of the school where he’d met the other for the first time. As time passed, Yunho began to realize that Jaejoong wasn’t coming. The boy didn’t show up for classes. As soon as he was certain that Jaejoong wasn’t coming, Yunho headed for his classroom while pulling out his phone. He hadn’t been overly surprised when Jaejoong hadn’t responded to his good morning text, but this was different. The other senior had no reason to miss school.

                On his way through the halls, Yunho dialed Jaejoong’s number only to listen to it ring before an automated voice gave him the option of leaving a message. Instead, Yunho hung up and sent the other another text asking if he was all right.

                Morning classes passed without Yunho hearing a word from the other male. This was exactly what he’d been afraid of. The week was over and so were they. However, Yunho wasn’t going down without a fight, which was why he went looking for the slightly older male during their lunch hour. Instead of going to eat with Changmin and Karam, Yunho walked the halls and checked the cafeteria. His worries only increased as his phone remained silent and there was no sign of Jaejoong.

                Giving up, Yunho moved to return to his classroom since there were only a few minutes remaining before classes started again. He hadn’t eaten anything, but then again, he wasn’t hungry. As he was crossing one of the main hallways, Yunho paused in his tracks before turning his head to see Jaejoong walking through the main doors of the school. A few people were swarmed around him, but the blond shook them off as he entered the school.

                Their eyes met and Yunho watched as Jaejoong swallowed before he dipped his head down. Anger surged through Yunho’s system as he noticed that Jaejoong wasn’t looking at him anymore. Without thinking through his actions, he turned to advance on the other boy. He wasn’t going down without a fight.

                Jaejoong gasped as his wrist was grabbed and he was dragged down the hall. If it had been anyone besides Yunho he would have fought off the grip rather than going along. However, it was Yunho and he should have known that he couldn’t avoid the bigger male forever. “Yunho!”

                Slamming the door behind them, Yunho checked every stall before locking the bathroom door from the inside. They were alone and it was going to stay that way. “Where have you been!? Even if the week is over that doesn’t mean I don’t care anymore! I was so worried, Jae. I thought we were friends!”

                “We are!” Jaejoong moved to place his hand on Yunho’s arm, but winced instead and dropped it. “Yun-“

                Running his fingers through his hair, Yunho turned so that he was staring right into Jaejoong’s eyes. “You had me so ing worried. Please don’t ever do that again. What if something had happened? Why couldn’t you just text me and let me know you were running late? Why were you late? Are you okay?”

                Jaejoong stood quietly and listened as the other boy rattled off question after question. He knew that he wasn’t really expected to answer any of them yet.

                Yunho froze in the middle of his rant. His eyes had been skimming along Jaejoong’s body, looking for any sign of injury, when they came across the white of a bandage barely visible through the undone buttons of Jaejoong’s uniform shirt. “What the hell!?”
                Unable to do anything to prevent Yunho from forcing his shirt open further, Jaejoong simply closed his eyes.

                Seeing as he wasn’t getting an answer to his somewhat unasked question, Yunho pulled the bandage off Jaejoong’s chest to see just what sort of injury the other had received. The questions died on his lips when he realized that Jaejoong wasn’t hurt. At least, not from some sort of accident. No, the injury that Yunho found was in the form of a rather fresh tattoo. The skin was an angry red color, showing that the mark was clearly tender. That wasn’t what had Yunho stunned into silence. His loss of words was due to the fact that the tattoo was his name. The two words ‘Jung Yunho’ were exactly where he’d written them one week ago. Now they’d remain there forever. “Jae…”

                “Yunho, I- I…”

                Sticking the bandage back into place, Yunho remained silent. His mind was reeling. Jaejoong had been late to school because he’d been getting the tattoo. Once Jaejoong’s shirt was buttoned back up, Yunho took the smaller boy’s hand in his before once again dragging him around the school.

                To Jaejoong’s surprise, he was dragged right out the doors he’d just entered a few minutes before. So much for attending any school that day. He didn’t have a clue as to where Yunho was leading him, but it was Yunho and he trusted the other male completely.

                Yunho didn’t think he quite had the words to explain how he felt. Jaejoong’s rule had been that whoever wrote their name on him first was the person he was dating. Once the name faded, the person was gone. For his name to be on the other male permanently meant that Jaejoong wanted him around permanently.

                Fear didn’t begin pooling into his gut until Yunho dragged him into a tattoo parlor. Jaejoong’s mouth ran dry as he gripped onto Yunho’s hand tighter. “Yunho! No! I didn’t mean for you to feel burdened or anything. I just… please… I don’t want to… remove it.”

                Clearly, the other male was under the wrong impression. Instead of trying to calm Jaejoong down with words that wouldn’t mean as much as Yunho knew what he was about to do would, the taller of the two simply approached the worker at the desk. “Hello, I would like to get a tattoo.”

                Jaejoong fell silent to listen to what Yunho had to say.

                “Okay, are you old enough?”

                “I’m eighteen.”

                “Where would you like it and what are you going to get?”

                Smiling at the other male over his shoulder, Yunho quickly ed his shirt to reveal his chest. “Kim Jaejoong and I’d like it right here.”

                Later that day, they stopped by the same convenience store they’d gotten ice cream treats from before. The two were careful with their movements since they were suffering from similar pains on their chests, but Yunho knew that it was worth it as they shared kisses between bites of chocolate and caramel. Just like their tattoos, their love wouldn’t fade.

 

A/N: :D I hope everyone loved it!!

LOVE ME~!!~~~~~

P.S. Seven Days is a fantastic Manga. I have read it. Glorious.