Friday

Fade

 

                After thinking about it all day long, Yunho decided that this wasn’t just two friends hanging out. As they walked into the theater together, popcorn and drinks in hand, Yunho decided that this was definitely a date. Their first, unless he wanted to count their lunches together or walking Jae home or when they ate ice cream together. All of those could count, but Yunho wanted this one to be their official first. Mostly, because now he was certain that his feelings were something more than friendship. Not much more, yet, but definitely more. It wasn’t something he’d told Jaejoong, the boy didn’t need to be scared away just because Yunho felt fluttery when he saw Jae smile, but maybe he would. He still had a few days left, after all.

                Just like he had been the day before, Jaejoong was hyper aware of Yunho. The craving he had for the other male to touch him, hold his hand, arm around his shoulder, anything, was growing. The want was so strange considering all the people he’d been with in the past made him want to slink away rather than closer. Jaejoong definitely wanted to be closer. Thankfully, Yunho hadn’t been holding back since they left their houses after changing. The boy sometimes held his hand or gave him playful nudges. The touches were always needed, but Jaejoong didn’t mind. He liked them. He liked Yunho and it scared him.

                The movie that Jaejoong had wanted to see started playing. For a while Yunho actually watched it. That was, until he noticed Jaejoong’s hand on the armrest between them. It looked so lonely sitting there empty. Spreading his own hand out on his thigh, Yunho resisted the urge to hold it. Leading the boy around and nudging him here and there was friendly. Holding his hand in a dark theater wasn’t.

                From the corner of his eye, Yunho stared at those pretty fingers. Long and delicate and he knew from experience that they fit perfectly in the spaces between his own. They were supposed to be dating. Surely Jaejoong wouldn’t mind holding his hand. With that thought in mind, Yunho went for it.

                Trying not to look away from the screen, Jaejoong froze as Yunho’s warm hand slipped into his. It was what he had wanted but didn’t think he’d get. The movie didn’t matter anymore. Not with Yunho right next to him, holding his hand gently and breathing in the same air as him. This was dangerous. This was something Jaejoong had never had to deal with before. This was the worst because so far this week, he and Yunho had only been friends. He couldn’t allow himself to hope for more when the other boy was so obvious about their relationship remaining platonic.

                The movie finished, but Yunho didn’t want to let go and Jaejoong didn’t pull away. They talked about what parts they’d actually paid enough attention during to remember. The action had been great even if the plot had been a little lacking. Plenty of explosions.

                Being that the theater wasn’t too far from where they lived and they’d already eaten before going to see the movie, the two boys walked slowly back towards their neighborhood. Their hands remained linked.

                As he had the previous days, Yunho walked Jaejoong up to his house. Unlike those other days, he didn’t just turn around and wave once the boy was there. This time, Yunho kept Jae’s hand firmly in his own. “I had fun today.”

                “Me too.”

                Squeezing the hand in his, Yunho stared at Jaejoong, who held his gaze. “Let’s go out tomorrow, too. Changmin, Karam and I were planning to go play in the park. Come with.”

                Shifting his feet, Jaejoong smiled a bit before biting on his lower lip. “Are you sure it’s okay?”

                “Of course! It’ll be like a double date.”

                Jaejoong felt his heart flip. “A double date?”

                Smiling, Yunho pulled Jaejoong into a hug. “Of course, I mean, we are dating, right?”

                The whispered words against his ear made Jaejoong shiver. “Yes.”

                Yunho loved the way Jaejoong sounded so breathless. Yunho realized that he loved a lot of things about Jaejoong. It frightened him. How could he fall in love with someone that had literally dated half the school to find love and hadn’t? What if his feelings weren’t returned?

                Shoving those thoughts away, Yunho turned his face quick to place a light kiss on Jaejoong’s cheek. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Jae. Sleep well! Let’s meet in our dreams!”

                Blushing, Jaejoong nodded once before he was released and Yunho was smiling and waving as he moved back down the path. The older boy barely managed to get the door open with how badly his hands were shaking. His cheek felt amazingly warm where Yunho had kissed it.

                Yunho didn’t know what to do with himself as he walked home. His mood was so high he felt as though his feet were barely touching the ground. He hadn’t been pushed away for his kiss, even if it was just on Jaejoong’s cheek, and they were going to go on another date the following day. He’d just have to tell Changmin that Jaejoong was coming along, too. Not that the younger would mind. He didn’t seem to be jealous at all that Jaejoong was with Yunho now.

                Stopping in his tracks, Yunho felt his heart plummet. Jaejoong dated a new person each week. Jaejoong had dated Changmin a few months ago. Changmin had said that during the week they were together, Jaejoong had done all the couply things that the other person had wanted to do. What if Yunho wasn’t pushed back because they were together for the week? What if Jaejoong was actually uncomfortable with holding his hand but didn’t say anything because they were going out? Yunho didn’t think he’d be able to handle himself if that were the case.

                But Jaejoong wasn’t the type of person to have no limits. He wasn’t the type to sleep with whoever he was dating for the week. He couldn’t be. There had to be limits. And if there were, Changmin would know them. All Yunho had to do was ask.

                Pulling out his phone, Yunho sent a text to his younger friend. The boy had complained that they never hung out outside of school so Yunho had suggested them going to the park together. Changmin had only agreed because Karam had said it sounded like fun. If they were going to meet up anyhow, then Yunho figured asking Changmin to come a bit early wouldn’t be a problem. He had questions for the younger and he needed answers.

A/N: Short, sweet and to the point! Don't doubt yourself, Yun!!

LOVE ME!~!!~~~~~