Monday

Fade

                Yunho hated getting stuck behind slow people. With his long legs the senior liked to get where he was going quickly. The morning had just been one mishap after another. Yunho woke up late so he missed out on breakfast. In his rush to get out of his house so he could catch his train, Yunho left his headphones on his desk. If there was one thing that Yunho hated more than getting stuck behind slow people it was getting stuck behind slow people that loved to gossip.

                The fact that the girls in front of him were from his school only made Yunho more exasperated. Of course he’d be without a way to ignore their giggles and whispers. The only thing he had going for him was the fact that they were talking about some other senior, Kim Jaejoong, rather than him. Yunho was flattered when he got attention from his peers, but not when it was so early in the morning.

                “I hope it’s me this week! I never get to see him early enough in the morning to be the first to write my name, but I’m determined!”

                The other girls giggled and cheered the first girl on, telling her that she’d definitely be able to do it if she worked hard. Yunho had no idea what they were talking about. Whatever it was, it was probably stupid what with the way they were giggling like idiots.

                “Last week was Eunji. Do you think she’ll let him go?”

                Yunho knew of Eunji because she was rather popular at their school. Despite the fact that she could be rather bossy, the girl was well liked.

                “She won’t have a choice. If her name is gone then Jaejoong won’t even look at her.”

                The first girl seemed a bit more apprehensive now that her friends had argued a bit about a girl not even present. Yunho really had no idea how girls worked. They could seem so confident one moment and timid the next based on what their friends were saying. Stupid creatures.

                “Do you think it’s worth it if I write my name on him?”

                What the hell were they talking about?

                “Of course! He’ll definitely fall for you! You’re more his type than Eunji!”

                Yunho didn’t have a clue as to what was going on. When the chance for him to slide past girls arrived, he took it. No way was he going to get stuck listening to them tell each other good things while doubting themselves. Girls really needed to improve their self-esteem.

                As far as the rest of his morning went, Yunho could have had it easier. It wasn’t until he arrived at school that he discovered that the book with his homework in it for his second class was still sitting on his desk where he’d done it the night before. Angry with himself, Yunho slumped in his seat before pulling out his phone and texting his mother. Maybe she could drop it off while taking his sister to school.

                “What’s the matter with you?”

                Sighing, Yunho sent his text before leaning against his desk again. “Just a bad morning, Changmin. I was late getting up so I missed breakfast. I ended up behind some girls talking about Kim Jaejoong and had to listen to them because I didn’t have my headphones and just now realized that I left my homework for next hour on my desk. Hopefully, my mom will bring it to me.”

                Slouching in his seat next to Yunho’s, Changmin scratched at his chin for a moment while acknowledging that Yunho’s morning hadn’t been the best. “That’s rough, man. Why were the girls talking about Kim Jaejoong?”

                Shrugging this time, Yunho couldn’t really care why they’d been talking about the other senior. It wasn’t him so it didn’t matter. “I don’t know. Something about writing on him or something. Whatever that means.”

                Changmin should have known that the slightly older boy would have no idea who Jaejoong was. Yunho liked to know things about Yunho. Not because the man was conceited, but because he kept his head down and did his work without drawing too much attention to himself. They wouldn’t be friends if Changmin hadn’t have been persistent with talking to Yunho until the older kid acknowledged him. “You really don’t know who he is?”

                When Changmin only got another shrug as an answer, he decided to inform Yunho about one of his peers. “Kim Jaejoong is a senior in the other class. He’s probably a few inches shorter than you, he’s usually quiet and shy but can definitely be loud. He also dates a new person each week.”

                “Someone new each week? What’s the point of that?”

                Sighing, Changmin smacked the older boy. Yunho yelped before falling quiet again. He pout while rubbing the spot he’d been hit, but Changmin just ignored him. “Apparently, he’s looking for love. On each Monday, someone in the school or not can write their name on his hand. When the ink is gone, so is that person. Jaejoong hasn’t found anyone yet.”

                Yunho waited to see if Changmin was actually finished speaking before he spoke. The other boy might be younger, but his hits hurt. “How do you know all of this?”

                “Hyung, I know because I did it. I wrote my name on him. We dated for a week about three months ago.”

                His jaw dropped. How could Yunho have not known about this? “But I thought you were dating Karam!”

                Patting the older boy on the shoulder, Changmin just shook his head. His hyung really was hopeless. “I am now. Karam-ah and I met shortly after my week is up. I’m sort of glad that Jaejoong hyung didn’t fall in love with me.”

                Changmin being gay didn’t bother Yunho in the slightest. It made some of their classmates uncomfortable, especially when the two were openly making out in front of everyone, but usually they were okay with it as well. Yunho had thought that Karam was Changmin’s only boyfriend. “Why didn’t you tell me about this when you did it?”

                “So you could tell me that I was stupid for thinking I could make someone like Jaejoong fall in love with me in a week?”

                “I wouldn’t have said that.” Yunho didn’t even know who Jaejoong was. Why would he be anything but supportive? “But I guess if you’re happy with Karam then the rest doesn’t matter.”

                Agreeing with a nod, Changmin decided to change the subject. “Your mom coming?”

                Checking his phone, Yunho gave another drawn out sigh. His morning really wasn’t going his way. “Yep. I’ll go meet her.”

                “Tell her I said hello.”

                Yunho waved over his shoulder as he exited their classroom. He had a few minutes before the bell in which he could go and get his book and homework from his mom and return without being late. At least, he would have been on time if he hadn’t come across the scene of two people breaking up. One of them happened to be Eunji, which meant the male had to be Kim Jaejoong.

                Slowly down so that he could watch the exchange, Yunho kept his eyes on his fellow senior. Changmin was technically a senior because the kid was smart, but he was behind a year age wise. The younger boy looked old enough to be a senior even though he wasn’t. Jaejoong didn’t. His blonde hair made him look boyish and cute. Yunho understood what Changmin meant by the kid being quiet and shy.

                Still, he needed his stuff so he could turn it in, which meant that Yunho just kept going despite slowing down. His mom was waiting for him, after all. Once his stuff was collected and his mother was rightfully thanked and Changmin’s hello was given, Yunho turned to return to his classroom. He was already a minute late, but that didn’t matter so much anymore. His teacher wouldn’t be angrier if he waited a few more to head back.

                What Yunho didn’t expect was to find Jaejoong still in the same spot he’d been in before, but this time Yunho found him crouching down rather than standing. “You all right?”

                Jaejoong snapped his head up to see the same boy that had walked by before. “Yeah, just…”

                An explanation wasn’t really needed. Breakups still whether the two people were in love or not. “Did she hit you?”

                A small smile made its way onto Jaejoong’s lips as he took in the slightly teasing glint in the other boy’s eyes. “No, she just ran away.”

                “Well, okay then. You should head to class.”

                The crouching boy expected for the other to continue on his way once he’d made the suggestion, but he didn’t. He stood in his spot staring right back at Jaejoong. “So should you.”

                Yunho couldn’t help but chuckle. Changmin’s description of shy and quiet didn’t fit the boy before him anymore. Jaejoong was actually quite funny. Maybe the other people just weren’t saying the right things. “Now it just seems like you’re hiding.”

                “What if I am?”

                Laughing full out this time, Yunho was pleased to see a smile on Jaejoong’s lips as well. “You shouldn’t be. Not someone as pretty as you. Besides, there are some girls just waiting to ambush you.”

                Jaejoong didn’t know if he knew the boy in front of him. Sure, he’d seen the other student around enough to know that he was a senior, but Jae didn’t know his name. “Maybe that’s why I’m hiding.”

                Nodding once, Yunho couldn’t deny that he would hide, too, if he was in Jaejoong’s position. The boy was probably tired of failed relationships. Sliding a hand into his pocket, Yunho’s smile grew a bit when his hand encircled the object he’d forgotten was in there from yesterday. “So how about a break?”

                Standing up, Jaejoong tugged at the shirt of his uniform while furrowing his eyebrows. “What do you mean a break?”

                Advancing, Yunho watched as Jaejoong backed himself against the wall. Originally, he’d been going for the boy’s hand because that was probably where everyone else wrote their names, but his eyes got caught on the fact that Jaejoong wore the first few buttons of his shirt undone. Yunho could see a bit of his chest and couldn’t look away.

                Jaejoong breath caught when the other boy backed him against the wall. The moment he saw the marker, Jaejoong understood that he wasn’t about to get beaten up or something worse. This was just going to be another week. At least, that’s what he thought until his shirt was pulled a bit further open and to the side, exposing his chest. The tip of the marker felt wet and cool against his skin. With his eyes shut, Jaejoong let the other boy write whatever he wanted. He couldn’t have stopped him anyways.

                Looking up to see Jaejoong’s eyes shut, Yunho gave out a small smile before blowing on the wet ink and released the shirt in his grasp. “Let’s have a good week.”

A/N: So far so good!!

LOVE ME~!!!~~!