Chapter 4

Stay With Me

"Baek."

...

"Hey Baek." Poke.

...

"Baekkie~." Poke. Chanyeol nudged the side of Baekhyun's stomach, just wanting to catch his attention. He automatically let out a small laugh, being the very ticklish person he was.

"What?!"

Success! Chanyeol smiled to himself for discovering yet another of Baekhyun's weaknesses. He brought his knees up to his chest and not-so-subtly scooted over to the older boy.

"I'm tired." Chanyeol whined, leaning his head on the other's shoulder. Baekhyun couldn't help but smile as he felt his hair against his cheek. He scrunched his nose and locked his phone, shoving it into his pocket before standing up and letting Chanyeol fall over. Baekhyun chuckled.

"If you're sooo tired, go to your bed. Not me."  

Baekhyun made his way to the kitchen and rummaged through the fridge and cabinets.

Blehhh... Baekhyun thought as he found nothing satisfying. His thoughts were interrupted as a taller boy crashed through the doors.

"Why do you hate me, Baek?" Chanyeol heavily plopped into one of the chairs and rested his head on the table in front of him. Baekhyun sighed.

"I don't hate you, Chanyeol." He pulled out the chair across from him and rested his chin on his crossed arms.

"So you love me?"

Baekhyun froze. Did he love Chanyeol? No, that couldn't be possible. They'd barely known each other for a few weeks; someone couldn't possibly love another person that fast. Right? Or maybe he did? He was just as confused about his own feelings as much as Chanyeol was an idiot. Which was a lot.

Chanyeol changed his position so he was sitting the same as Baekhyun. Chanyeol looked at him expectantly, but Baekhyun just stared. He'd never really taken the chance to just look at him. Let all his features and characteristics sink into his brain. Now Chanyeol was staring back at him with their faces less than a foot away from each other.

"Baek?"

Baekhyun fell out of his trance and instantly turned red from embarrassment. He shot up, nearly knocking over his chair.

"Huh? What? What did you sa-" Baekhyun felt nervous.

"You never answered my question." Chanyeol looked at him wide eyes, as if expecting a certain answer. Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck. He decided to play it safe and deny everything.

"Yeah, I love you. NOT." Baekhyun ran out of the kitchen, avoiding any reaction or response. He crouched down behind the couch, in hope of never having to speak to another human ever again. He heard the creaking of the kitchen door hinges and stayed put, frozen in place. Baekhyun minimized his breathing to shallow breaths, desperately trying to not make a sound. He heard Chanyeol snicker.

Baekhyun suddenly heard a loud thump, sounding like it came from outside. He decided to leave it be and continue with his pathetic plan.

Baekhyun felt the couch move and he realized the younger boy had settled himself on it. All in the next second, Baekhyun's stomach growled and he started to regret ever living. He silently screamed in his mind, and was a bit relieved when he heard the TV turn on. The sound of silence filled the room as Chanyeol was flipping through the channels. He stopped on one and Baekhyun instantly realized what he was watching.

Finding Nemo. Baekhyun's favorite movie. Yeah, he always loved kids movies.

Baekhyun pouted. He really wanted to watch the movie, but instead he was sitting behind a couch. Wonder how that happened...

He just had to go and be dumb.

But maybe there was a way. Baekhyun turned around so he was facing the back of the couch. He mutely placed his slim fingers on the top of the backboard and slowly creeped his head up where the TV could be made visible. Just a few more inches and-

"HELLO."

Baekhyun nearly jumped out of his own skin. He flew back a few feet before Chanyeol slyly grinned at him, with tiny slits for eyes.

"Did you know I was there the whole time??" Baekhyun questioned, eyes still wide with surprise.

Chanyeol nodded. "Yuppp." He laughed. "Y'know, you're really bad at hiding."

Baekhyun tilted his head at Chanyeol's bluntness and glanced around the room, wearing a playful frown.

Almost immediately, his stomach made another sound of a dying whale, twice as loud as before. Baekhyun swore it could of been heard from the other side of the planet.

Chanyeol giggled. "Hungry?"

Baekhyun just sort of flopped over and contorted into a fetal position. He looked at Chanyeol with puppy eyes.

"Starving."

"Well, why don't we get som-" Chanyeol was interrupted when a loud 'ding-dong' rang through the house. Baekhyun was left to continue his tearless weeping on the carpet while Chanyeol casually walked over and answered the door.

"Can I he-"

"Hey, you guys got a penguin in your backyard?" The boy at the door said nonchalantly, randomly holding a taco in his hand.

Did Baekhyun just hear what he thought he thought he heard? He used all the energy he had left to stand steadily and make his way to the door.

Chanyeol was standing there, just as confused as he was.

Baekhyun stood next to Chanyeol, leaning on the wall next to the door. He examined the boy at the door.

He had light blonde hair and small facial features. He was taller than Baekhyun, but shorter than Chanyeol. Baekhyun stared at the taco in his hand, unaware that he was actually drooling.

"What?" Baekhyun decided to just leave the talking to Chanyeol as he kept his gaze standing.

"Hurry! Is there a penguin in your backyard?!" He started panicking, looking back every few seconds.

"Um, not that I know of...?"

"Well can you go check?!" The boy started jumping up and down, becoming even more hysterical.

"Wait a second, what the hell is thi-"

"Hey you gonna eat that." Baekhyun's face looked lifeless as he eyed the boy's taco, his finger pointed at it with arm in a weird t-rex pose. He looked at the shorter boy strangely.

"Uh, yeah, I was planning to."

"Well, can I... just, um.. uh" Baekhyun's hands slowly gravitated towards his only life source at the moment.

"I'll just... um, hold this for you." He casually took the taco into his own hands and walked back slowly to sit himself on the couch. The boy didn't seem to care that his taco was gone as he suddenly remembered the bigger issue here.

His eyes struck with fear as he looked back and noticed the door to the house across the street being slammed open. A petite boy stormed through the doorway, looking in all directions; searching for something or... someone.

The boy at the door now looked back towards Chanyeol and began shaking the taller's shoulders recklessly. "THE BEAST HAS BEEN UNLEASHED." Chanyeol look behind him and saw him looking this way. He hurriedly walked towards them and Chanyeol had a feeling that he should give him a warning.

"Uh, I think you should run now..." Chanyeol pointed behind him and the other snapped around with wide eyes, realizing he could be close to his own death.

"Oh, . You're paying for my funeral." He sneered, then he running off at full speed. The boy across the street caught sight of him and chased him down the road.

"You're gonna die, motherer!!"

Chanyeol exasperatedly shut the door and slumped down next to Baekhyun on the couch. He shifted away from the younger, protecting his beloved half-eaten taco.

Baekhyun made a playful pouting noise and Chanyeol scooted closer, forgetting about the bizarre situation that happened not even 5 minutes ago. Baekhyun eyed him suspiciously, pulling his treasure away from anywhere within the other boy's reach.

"Don't even think about pulling any shenanigans with my taco." Baekhyun nibbled on the top of the taco shell, keeping his eyes planted intently on Chanyeol.

He brought his knees up to his chest and faced Chanyeol, guarding it as he waited for his reaction.

"C'mooon, I'm hungry too~." Chanyeol smirked and leaned in closer until his chin was resting on the older boy's knee.

"Well find your own taco. This one is special and off limits."

Chanyeol tried his best to make a cute face but was most likely miserably failing. "Pleeeaase." He continued to inch closer. Baekhyun blushed and turned his head. Chanyeol smiled slightly and went in to nibble on Baekhyun's ear.

Baekhyun squealed and Chanyeol couldn't stop himself from smiling. Weakness #3 found.

Chanyeol brought his hand to Baekhyun's side and poked him multiple times in the same spot as last time. He released a high-pitched shriek and accidentally dropped his taco, trying to wiggle his way out from under the younger boy.

"S-Stop! Chanyeol!" He began laughing even harder and his face looked like he was about to explode.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE. I SWEAR, GET A ROOM BEFORE YOU DESTROY MY FURNITURE." Baekhyun's mother padded down the stairs.

Chanyeol jumped and fell off the couch, sitting up and stepping a good few feet away from the latter. Baekhyun sat up on the couch with wide eyes, still catching his breath.

"Oh, mom! Heh, don't you have something to be doing right now?! Like knitting... or something old grandmas usually do on their free time?!!!"

"Hey. I was trying to take a nap, but it getting a little loud in here... AND YEAH I WAS GONNA BE A GRANDMA IF I HAD STAYED IN THERE FOR ANOTHER MINUTE, AHEM."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other and both turned completely red.

"Mom! What are you even thinking!!?" Baekhyun waved his hands around in front of him, motioning that nothing was happening at all.

"Uh-huh. Sure..." She smirked knowingly at them before turning back and walking slowly up the stairs. She crossed her arms and looked at her son. "Be safe, you two-"

"OKAY THANKS MOM PLEASE LEAVE."

She quietly laughed to herself and went back into her room, closing the door.

Baekhyun glanced at the other and frowned.

"I better clean up my taco."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Sorry this chapter was a little late! Everything got deleted so I had to rewrite it. but I hope you liked it as much as I enjoyed writing it though! lol baekyeol and their little incident hehe that was fun.

And also maybe you've guessed those two with the penguin and all that. lol yeah.

(please comment/subscribe!!!)

Thanks everybody <3