Chapter 13

Stay With Me

It was the second day of school and Baekhyun couldn't tell the difference between Satan and his first period teacher. He actually considered crying to try and lessen her anger, but decided against it. Even though she mostly yelled (and probably almost leading to a heart attack), the punishment was relieving. 

The new punishment was, of course, the initial stay after school, but along with an extra day. Baekhyun was honestly surprised it wasn't much worse.

Baekhyun attended his morning classes, the ones with Luhan as well, with half-boredom. Luckily the day was pretty bearable so far.

When his last class with Luhan ended, instead of supposedly "being friends" and sitting with the other, Luhan went his own way to giddily find Sehun. Certainly not wanting to be near them, Baekhyun didn't oppose and went to find Chanyeol.

Was it just him or was there more people at HYU today?

Baekhyun started walking anywhere. Chanyeol has to be somewhere...? Searching through groups of people and their newly forming cliques, Baekhyun began feeling lost.

Chanyeol, where are you? 

"Baekhyun!" A loud voice spun Baekhyun around to be met with Chanyeol hurriedly coming towards him. A wave of relief made the boy smile.

"I couldn't find you anywhere!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

"Me? I couldn't find you anywhere!"

Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun's distraught reaction. "What a coincidence."

Both boys accompanied each other and sat down on a bench under the shade. Not having anything to talk about, Baekhyun sighed and stared forward. Chanyeol shifted his body and looked at the boy with eager eyes.

"So, Baek... I was thinking and do you want to get the papers today? Maybe after school? Its fine if you want to wait a couple days or.." the sentenced faded out.

Baekhyun thought about it for a few seconds. It's probably better to do it sooner, right? Dragging out the whole process would just be too stressful. And the sooner he leaves, the faster his mother will start to 'recover'.

"No, let's do it today." He nodded. "The sooner the better, right?" He looked over at Chanyeol, who slowly brought up a smile at his answer.

"Okay!"

Baekhyun was finally starting to realize the good in this and he actually felt a little excited. His mind was wandering and if he didn't know any better, his thoughts were making him blush. Just the idea of living alone with the boy made Baekhyun feel something somewhat unusual. Isn't this supposed to be how a married couple would live?

Did these things even go through Chanyeol's mind at all?

Probably not. Chanyeol wasn't even interested in that kind of thing, right? He truthfully and completely just wanted to leave the house.. and work somewhere more efficient. Okay, now that last part sounds nothing like Chanyeol.

 

 

After their break together concluded and both of their classes were finished for the day, Chanyeol waited for Baekhyun in the same place as last time. Baekhyun greeted the boy, who excitedly shot up and asked, "are you ready?" before turning to head in the direction of the office. Replying with a, "ready as I'll ever be", the older boy walked alongside Chanyeol and was a little proud of himself for not being so uptight and worried about this. (He made a mental note to celebrate later.)

They approached the door with quiet steps and Baekhyun let Chanyeol reach for the door handle.

Chanyeol held the door open for Baekhyun and comically bowed down, motioning his arm as if he were a butler. Baekhyun chuckled and walked inside, not seeing the playful smirk spread across Chanyeol's face as he followed behind the boy. The door shut and they would be lying if they said they weren't lost.

"Uh... I'll go find the main desk." Chanyeol faced Baekhyun and pointed somewhere behind him. Baekhyun nodded and made his way a group of chairs against the wall. Chanyeol turned the other way and followed the corner.

Baekhyun observed the room around him. Next to the door was an actual, real tree (guess high tuition can get you a plant thats not fake for once), and a matted red rug stretching its way across the tile floor and around the corner. Baekhyun sat near the end of the not-too-long, but well-lit, hallway, filling one of the 4 or 5 black chairs to wait patiently.

I wonder what the dorm is going to look like... Baekhyun couldn't help but wonder about that. He knew they most likely were a pretty decent size, but... were they like apartments or something? That would definitely be awesome. Apartments. No rent. Living the adult life. Getting groceries and vacuuming every once in a while. Independence. Maybe he could even buy some curtain-

"Baekhyun!" Hmm?

Baekhyun looked up to find a disgustingly peppy Jin Bo right in front of him.

"Oh, hi." He didn't want to put in too much effort or else she might stay and talk with him longer than necessary.

"Wow, I didn't know you were here. What are you doing sit all quiet and alone?" Was this girl naturally creepy?

Baekhyun glanced at her with a creeped-out expression. "Yeah, I just came with Cha- uh, my friend.. to pick up some papers real quick." Baekhyun mentally slapped himself. Jin Bo's smile fell at his little mistake, revealing a dead, serious expression.

Baekhyun could tell she had caught him. He smiled (if that helped..) and pretended nothing happened. This girl had some serious and obvious issues with Chanyeol and it was making Baekhyun feel somewhat uncomfortable.

"Oh. I see. Mind if I keep you company while you wait?"

"Uh, actually-" and she plopped down in the chair next to Baekhyun without hearing his whole answer. "I guess," he murmured to himself, looking the other way. She crossed her legs and set the folders she was holding on top of them. Propping her elbow and placing her chin in her hand, she looked at Baekhyun.

"So how are you liking your stay in Korea so far?" Stay? She's asking as if he would be leaving again...

Baekhyun looked at Jin Bo and squinted his eyes out of confusion. "It's... great." Keep answers short and simple.

She nodded and smiled. "That's good to hear." Baekhyun didn't say anything to carry on the conversation. He noticed Jin Bo staring at him and he wasn't sure if he should run straight out or keep waiting for Chanyeol. Where the hell was he anyway?

"I've been meaning to ask you for a while, Baekhyun,  but was your flight okay? I know how scary traveling can be. Especially on planes. Miles above the surface. Hundreds of miles per hour. That's pretty fast. And dangerous."

That struck something in Baekhyun's brain. How did she know about the whole America/Korea trip? And why was she being so freaking creepy about it?

And before Baekhyun could answer, Chanyeol comes skipping around the corner. "I got the papers~ oh." He stops in his tracks when he notices Jin Bo scooting herself closer to Baekhyun. Baekhyun and Chanyeol make eye contact, and the older boy's eyes basically scream 'help me'. Chanyeol purses his lips to try and relieve the boy.

"Hey, Jin Bo." He tried to get her attention off Baekhyun. Her eyes flashed over to him, automatically throwing daggers.

"Hello, Chanyeol."

Nobody said anything for a few seconds until Baekhyun remembered the sole purpose of coming to the office anyway. "Oh, the papers!" He jumped up, leaving Jin Bo to sadly look up at him. "We have the papers now. Sorry!"

Chanyeol took a step behind Baekhyun and placed his hands on his shoulders. "I'll be taking Baekhyun away now." And they left with a short wave from Chanyeol and a glare from Jin Bo.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N Sorry if the ending seemed a little abrupt. I was going to do something after they got the papers, but it would of made the chapter probably too long. So I just stopped it there. Hope you dont mind the length ouo

Anyway, my birthday is in 4 days :o (April 9) so yeah, kinda excited but ehh. Not that big a deal

On another note, EXO'S COMEBACK!!!!! Its so soon omg  I am so excited!!! April 15 wow (april 7 is when teasers are released omg can you believe it)

and their teaser pics wow. So beautiful. i could stare at them all day

I heard that "the fans will be surprised" and "it sounds stronger/more powerful than growl" wowowowowow

im a little nervous tbh BUT ITS OKAY

I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY WAIT

 

 

Away from that, I need to ask you guys an important question and it is necessary for everyone to answer because its regarding the story.

Should I make the chapters shorter, and update more often.

or

Should I make the chapters longer, but update not as often.

I need to know because this is involving the story and the storyline as well. Please dont be afraid to tell me which one you would prefer in the comments c:

Thank youuuu ^^

(comment/upvote/subscribe)