Chapter 17

Stay With Me

DISCLAIMER: I started this story like 3 years ago and now 3 years later I was just reminiscing through some AFF and I really apologize to those who wanted to keep this fic going, but I can't bring myself to continue. This chapter here is what I had in my drafts from 3 years ago lol, so I'll just publish it and call the discontinuation here. So yeah, I'm really sorry even though no one probably even cares after decades of waiting.

STATUS: INCOMPLETE/DISCONTINUED

Both boys had just came back from their first day of classes while living on campus. Chanyeol found Baekhyun's new schedule to be most convenient, as he no longer had to wait for the boy. But even if his schedule hadn't changed, he could've just came back to the dorm to wait for him, so it wasn't that much of an issue. But at least he didn't have to wait the long two hours to finally see him.

Baekhyun seemed clearly happier and much more at ease with those couple of classes out of the way, which also gave him more time to finish less homework. It was a win-win situation for everyone, considering that Chanyeol also got to see Baekhyun in a much happier state, which in the end, made him happy as well.

They were back in their dorm, casual with each other as if the ordeal earlier that morning had never happened. Chanyeol was still upset about it, but decided not to take it out on the shorter boy (even if it was kinda his fault, but Chanyeol didn't want to point fingers). If anything, he was more concerned over the kitten than angry. He didn't know what was going to happen.

Chanyeol started sorting through his suitcases, coming to his agreement that homework can wait. First things first: get everything out of the suitcases, then put everything where they belong. He sat in front of the open suitcases and cursed himself for not folding everything like he should have.

Minutes later, Chanyeol was starting on the second one. He heard Baekhyun rummaging around somewhere else in the dorm, doing his own thing, when all of a sudden there was a muffled knock on the door. Already getting visitors?

Chanyeol continued with unpacking, leaving the other boy to deal with whoever was at the door. He heard what sounded like a woman's voice, striking his curiosity even more. He listened in closely, moving slower to divide his attention.

"Mom, how did you even get in here..." Baekhyun sounded the least surprised. Chanyeol scooted away from the suitcases and stood to go meet the supposed Ms. Byun. Seconds later, Chanyeol found himself a couple meters in front of her and when she laid her eyes on the boy, a wide smile appeared on her face. In her hands was a huge cardboard box filled with clanking objects that seemed quite heavy due to her apparent effort.

"Ahh, hey Ms. Byun," Chanyeol greeted. She harshly set down the box on the table and exhaled loudly, removing the dark sunglasses and scarf around her head.

"Hey, Yeol." She shifted vision back and forth between both boys, smiling expectantly. "How's college life, you two?"

Baekhyun answered with subtle annoyance, "mom, it's been one day. We literally saw you yesterday and again, how did you even sneak in here?"

"I have my ways. Now look here, both of you." Ms. Byun went closer to the box to reach in, then pull out its contents. "I brought you housewarming gifts!" Her expression was over-enthusiastic and Chanyeol was completely entertained.

Out of the box came different types of silverware and cooking utensils and a few pots and pans and just how rich was this woman?

"Don't worry, I didn't buy these." It was almost like she had read his mind. "I got them as a gift a while ago; I never used them so I thought, hey, why not?" The tone in her voice was almost cocky.

Chanyeol moved closer to get a better look at everything. "Wow, thanks Ms. Byun. This is really awesome." It's not everyday you have someone sneak into a college campus and into the dorms to give such a nice gift like this. Chanyeol was surprised to say the least.

And Baekhyun, too. "Yeah, I don't believe this. Are you seriously giving this to us?" Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun's words. Us.

"Yup." She leaned in to pretend to whisper. "As long as you don't rat me out if a security guard asks about a suspicious woman lurking about." Chanyeol laughed as she stood straight.

"Deal."

Ms. Byun paused as if she was contemplating something in her head before popping up with another topic. "Ah, also before I forget.. I brought ramen!"

"Seriously?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol chorused.

"Yup, let me bring it in." With that, she left to retrieve the boxes of ramen from outside the door, bringing it in to place next to the box of kitchen utensils.

"Wow, thanks Ms. Byun. I still can't believe you're just giving us all of this." Chanyeol looked at her with wide eyes.

She put on a sincere smile. "Well you better, because this is all yours now and I gotta go. It's getting pretty late and I think I saw a security camera outside the building."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol gave their goodbyes as she left and closed the door behind her.