Chapter 6

Stay With Me

Tomorrow being the infamous first day of school, Chanyeol acts like he's just witnessed going to hell and back. "Baek, how can you even enjoy school??" He threw himself on the couch, groaning excessively. "School is hell."

Baekhyun chuckled, adding a slight smirk as he leaned over, back faced away from the younger. "You do know this is one of the best, and probably the last, school you will go to in your life? This school will most likely determine your future. Unless you just want to quit and be a bum for the rest of your life." He playfully added the last part much to his pleasure, as of seeing Chanyeol's reaction.

He sat up, propping his upper body with straight arms behind him. "Is that an option?" Baekhyun laughed and focused on his task at hand.

Always one to be dedicated to school work and studies, Baekhyun was going through a check list. He had to be sure he had everything needed for a successful first day of school (and hopefully the ones after, too). He sorted out all the supplies and necessities on the living room floor, double checking as to if he left anything out. Out of a terrified realization, Baekhyun swiftly pounced on his feet with wide eyes. He turned to look at a confuse-stricken Chanyeol, not blinking once.

"My pencils." He choked out. Chanyeol arched his brow, fixing his position on the couch to one with an easier view of the visually shaken boy.

"What about your pencils?" The younger shot a long glance at his current "issue". "They look very... pencilish to me.." He observed.

Baekhyun hastily plopped to the ground, partly looking of disappointment. His shoulders slumped and he wore a put on his face. "What am I going to do?" He breathed deeply. Chanyeol was completely lost.

"Hyung. What is going on."

A light pink found it's way to Baekhyun's cheeks at hearing his newfound nickname for the first time. He looked at the boy on the couch shyly before totally erupting.

"MY PENCILS. HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID. THERES ONLY 6. I CAN NOT GO TO SCHOOL WITH 6 PENCILS." Baekhyun scoffed at his own "foolishness". He was now standing again while flailing his arms and reaching over to place his hands on Chanyeol's shoulders.

He was now shaking him back and forth making Chanyeol slightly light-headed. For the sake of his own health, he put his hands over the shorter boy's, resulting with Baekhyun pausing and looking directly into the other's eyes.

Silence withstood for a few seconds before Baekhyun was brought back to reality and jumped a few feet away, avoiding any eye contact.

"Uh.. um. I- ...sorry." The older turned so his back was facing the boy still sitting on the edge of the couch whose hands were tucked underneath his thighs. "I shouldn't have exploded like that; I can be a little mental, y'know." Baekhyun continued.

"Yeah, I know." Chanyeol teased, hoping to raise Baekhyun's spirits and clear the awkward atmosphere that decided to appear once again.

The uneasiness coursed it's way into Baekhyun again when his mind was brought back to the reason for this whole outburst. "Oh! Hehe, 6 pencils, right. That's okay....." He quietly tried to reassure himself while looking down at his shoes.

Chanyeol still had no idea what was going on. "What's wrong with 6 pencils??" Baekhyun tensed. Chanyeol glanced around the room. "It's more than I have..."

"You don't understand. Six pencils on the first day of school?" Baekhyun cackled, leaving Chanyeol only a tiny bit scared. "Everyone knows you must have 10 pencils. How could I be 4 pencils short? I could of sworn I had ten." At this point, he actually sounded and looked like he was holding back tears. Chanyeol noticed and couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at how this stupid thing was effecting him.

"Dude, if it makes you feel any better, I only have like 2 pencils." Chanyeol stated matter-of-factly. Baekhyun looked at him like Chanyeol was trying to mock him or something.

He anxiously waited for a reaction.

Baekhyun now looked like he was on the verge of tears. "DO YOU WANT TO FAIL IN LIFE?!" Chanyeol was a little taken aback, but he understood just how serious Baekhyun was about school, so he let it slide.

Chanyeol started feeling sympathetic towards the smaller boy, even though the reason for him being like this was totally ridiculous. He carefully made a small smile to show he wasn't upset.

"Baek." Chanyeol tried to sound as calm as possible.

Baekhyun faced away from Chanyeol, not wanting to communicate with him at that moment after yelling at him. 

He needed to calm himself down, even though he thought the whole "6 pencils" thing was a big deal.

Chanyeol tried to catch his attention once again.

"Baek~"

Baekhyun would not let Chanyeol get to him. He kept his ground and tried to ignore him calling his came.

"Baekkie~"

Baekhyun flinched at what he guessed Chanyeol knew was his weakness. He inhaled deeply and slowly, trying to keep his cool and regain his composure. At least he wasn't thinking about the whole 'pencil issue'. Well, not entirely.

He could hear Chanyeol laugh to himself as Baekhyun subconsciously squirmed, still standing away from younger boy. Baekhyun instantly came to mind and ordered his brain to stop doing things on it's own.

"Are you still upset, hyung?" That was the second time Chanyeol called him that, but he still wasn't used to it. All Baekhyun could do was mutter a flat "no".

Baekhyun crossed his arms in front of his chest. Even though Chanyeol couldn't see him, he made a pouty face to go alone with his answer.

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun didn't know where Chanyeol was going with this.

"Yes."

"Do you need a hug, Baekkie?" The way Chanyeol said it gave Baekhyun goosebumps. He turned his head so he could see Chanyeol out of the corner of his eye, not daring to turn his whole body around and face him.

"Wha- no!" Chanyeol was obviously trying to mess with his brain. He laughed at his reaction.

Baekhyun heard movement coming from the couch. He could already vision was he was doing but Baekhyun couldn't make himself move. He tried to escape the situation by gaining distance from the younger, but his body didn't seem to work.

The next thing Baekhyun knew was that he could feel long arms encircle his waist. Instead of trying to struggle out of the boy's grip, he subconsciously leaned into the warmth behind him as his heartbeat starting quickening. Baekhyun felt he belonged there. He felt something spark but he was sure it would only lead to trouble and possibly heartbreak. 

Baekhyun didn't see the smile that spread across Chanyeol's face as the older boy momentarily allowed him to stay close.

Baekhyun suddenly tensed in his arms and placed his hands around Chanyeol's wrists, only to pull his arms apart and away from his body. He stepped away from Chanyeol and looked up at him with sad eyes. Chanyeol returned the gaze with a confused one.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol questioned, reaching up to scratch the back of his neck while continuing to watch the shorter boy as he glanced down to the floor.

He looked half-way up to Chanyeol and pursed his lips before shaking his head. "It's-it's nothing." Baekhyun plastered a smile on his lips, but not one like his usual smile of pleasure and just plain happiness.

Chanyeol furrowed his brow.

He returned his eyes to look back into Chanyeol's, but this time frowned and blinked slowly. Baekhyun bit his lip and raced up the stairs and into the bathroom.

"Baekhyun, wai-"

Baekhyun slammed the door and locked it, not bothering to stop at Chanyeol's request.

He slid down the door and brought his knees up. Crossing his arms on top of them, he rested his forehead on his arms and shut his eyes. Baekhyun inhaled deeply and tried to ignore the deep pain in his chest.

What is this? Why do I allow this to happen to myself?

Baekhyun half-expected Chanyeol to come look for him. To knock on the door and ask him what was wrong.

And it would be a lie if Baekhyun said he didn't want Chanyeol to come.

But he didn't, and Baekhyun didn't feel any better.

Plus, Baekhyun knew it was all his fault anyway. He let Chanyeol and play with his mind. At first, he just thought it was playful banter; he didn't know it would end up like this.

 

Baekhyun sat in the bathroom for a little over 15 minutes before he heard a pounding on the door. With every hit it sent a vibration from it to Baekhyun's back, causing him to scoot down more and more until his back was almost flat against the floor. He sat up and faced the door.

The pounding rose more urgently, as did Baekhyun's annoyance. "What?" He swung the door open furiously.

Chanyeol was on the other side of the door, looking like he was about to explode.

"Listen, I'm sorry, but right now you need to move because I reeeeaally need to pee." He was now bouncing up and down on the spot.

Baekhyun sighed and moved aside, letting the taller boy enter the bathroom. With his hand still on the doorknob, Chanyeol was already standing in front of the toilet while ping his pants.

Baekhyun noticed and shielded his eyes. "Yah! I'm still in here!"

Chanyeol sighed in relief and finished his business. He zipped up his pants and walked over to sink to wash his hands.

"Why are you so uncomfortable? Don't you remember how we met?" Chanyeol laughed.

Baekhyun instantly turned red at the memory. "D-Don't bring that up! Just forget that ever happened, okay?" Chanyeol smirked.

"What if I don't wanna forget?" He said cheekily, drying his hands and looking at Baekhyun hungrily.

Baekhyun stood straight in a mixture of shock and humiliation. "Wh-What? Are you a ert or something?!"

"Would I say yes if I was a ert?"

Baekhyun thought about that for a second. "Well, no.. but still! You said you didn't want to forget.... seeing me !!" He scrunched his nose at the thought.

Chanyeol turned red and looked down, avoiding the older boy's eyes.

Baekhyun saw and responded. "Yah! Don't think about it!" Chanyeol flinched at Baekhyun's voice.

"I wasn't!" Chanyeol lied, obviously. Baekhyun smacked his arm, hoping to clear Chanyeol's 'impure' thoughts.

"Well what about you? You saw me too!" Chanyeol retorted, curious to see the other's reaction.

Baekhyun turned red once again and groaned. "Can we stop with this whole conversation??? This is so embarrassing." Baekhyun put both hands on either side of his face to try and cover how embarrassed he looked. Chanyeol laughed.

"Stop laughing at me."

Chanyeol smiled out of amusement. "You're so cute when you get embarrassed." He walked over to Baekhyun and ruffled his hair.

Chanyeol continued to walk out the door and make his way down the stairs, leaving Baekhyun alone in the bathroom. "I'm not cute," Baekhyun murmured. His sad aura suddenly reappeared from before.

But soon left when he heard the front door slam and the sound of plastic bags (hopefully full of groceries). "I'M HOOOME!" Baekhyun pranced out of the bathroom and down the staircase, his prayers answered when the bags in his mother's hands were filled with happiness (aka food).

Ms. Byun kicked the door closed behind her. "Hey Chanyeol, hey Baek!" Both boys greeted her back and followed her into the kitchen. She placed the groceries on the table where Chanyeol and Baekhyun began to put things into their correct place in the kitchen.

 

 

Baekhyun looked at the time on his phone. "Whoa, it's already 10!" He exclaimed as him and Chanyeol plopped down on the couch while his mom was doing something in her room.

Chanyeol groaned and threw his head back, setting his feet on the coffee table. "Nooooooooooooo." Baekhyun knew what he was thinking.

"C'mooon, school isn't that bad."

"You're right. It's not bad. It's MISERABLE." Baekhyun chuckled.

"Well we still have to wake up early so we should probably go to bed. Especially for the first day, you don't wanna be late."

"Yeah, yeah. Fine, let's go." Chanyeol stood and starting making his way to the stairs. "The sooner we sleep, the sooner the torture begins!"

Baekhyun followed him up the stairs. "That's the attitude!"

They both laughed as they stepped up the stairs and went to their rooms. Chanyeol turned the doorknob and turned to face Baekhyun. "Good night." He smiled and ran his fingers through his hair before opening the door.

Baekhyun stepped through the doorway but kept his head out from behind the door. He smiled at Chanyeol and returned his words. "Good night, Yeol." Baekhyun gave a short wave. "See you tomorrow~"

Their smiles both widened before enclosing themselves in their rooms.

Baekhyun was definitely looking forward to tomorrow.

 

 

 


A/N Heyyyyyyyy, this chapter's finally done! Whew, it feels good to get this finished. I've been working on it for a while now; I am probably the laziest and biggest procrastinator. I know I said I would try to update on the weekends, but I guess that didn't work out. I apologize if you were looking forward to reading it then, but you know. Stuff happens.

Anyway, I hope this chapter was worth it!

And I promise I am fully rested this time so it was (hopefully) better written.

Please leave comments and subscribe and upvote and all that stuff! I reeeally want to know what you guys think because I have no idea how you guys feel about this. Really. Tell me if you hate it or love it or whatever. (Hopefully you like it.) ^^

Even though if you hate it, idk why you would still be reading it...... but still!!! If you do hate it please tell me why. I am very curious. I won't be mad at you c:

Don't be afraid to point out any flaws or things I could improve on, seriously.

But I still love you guys! :D Thank you for reading this.

Next chapter will be the first day of school for Baekyeol woooooo. So exciting hehe

Again thanks!

Okay I don't wanna make this author note super long so I'm just gonna go and cry in a corner for my obsession love of Baekyeol /ugly sob/.