Chapter 1

Stay With Me

"Mooom, we're gonna be late!" Baekhyun's mom always took forever, no matter what.

"The plane is leaving in 5 minutes, Baekhyun. That's plenty of time." His mother answered, continuing to look at whatever caught her interest. Baekhyun stared at her in utter disbelief. He always believed being early was always better, but his mother was a whole different story.

He exasperatedly exhaled. "Mom. If we miss this flight, it's your fault." Baekhyun emphasized, making sure it sunk in. He was already pulling at her sleeve like a little kid, making a whiny sound and a pouty face, despite the fact he was in his early 20's.

Baekhyun could tell she was getting annoyed, which meant success. She swat him away, breathing out a quiet but irritated, "alright, alright!" She could be a little childish.

Baekhyun was too busy nagging his mom he didn't realize their flight was making the last call for any late passengers to board. He shot her a knowing glance, and she rolled her eyes in response as they both hurriedly made their may through the gates.

 

On the plane, they shoved their luggage into the compartments as best as they could. They plopped down in their seats and panted like it was the most exhausting thing they've done in a while. Baekhyun wasn't really in shape, and neither was his mother. All she ever did was stay at home and occasionally go to the salon and places like that.

He looked out the window and tried to think about all the good things he would miss and be leaving behind in America. Baekhyun remembered all the friends he made, and how hard and easy it was at the same time; trying to learn English. He quietly laughed at all the things that would soon only be memories.

Suddenly, a well-practiced voice rang through the speakers. "Thank you for choosing Flight 924. We apologize in advance for any possible turbulence, and tell you to please remain calm if any situation occurs. Please follow our instructions in order to fulfill a safe and enjoyable experience. Our next stop will be in Seoul, Korea. Thank you, and again, we apologize for any inconvenience." And the voice was gone with a click.

Baekhyun's heart fluttered at the name of his hometown. Just thinking about being home by tomorrow morning made him feel excited.

Time seemed to pass slower and slower. Baekhyun was eager to arrive and just... be home already. He was tired of having to sit and wait, his only outing being a look out the window.

He couldn't see much anyway; just a bunch of clouds and every once in a while some birds passing by. He still thought it looked magnificent.

Baekhyun's gazing concluded with him falling asleep, leaning against his mother's shoulder. She didn't push him away like she always did, but instead she sympathetically let him stay there. She did feel kinda sorry for him because of everything he has to go through at such a young age.

The hours flew by as Baekhyun slept. He woke up to the plane shaking and bumping around. He looked out the window and smiled at sight of land.

"Ahhhh, home at last." Baekhyun let out a relieved sigh and wrapped his arms around his mother's arm and rested his chin on her shoulder, closing his eyes. He exaggerated a closed-mouth smile and hummed softly. His mother looked at him strangely and mockingly laughed at him and the way he was acting. 

"What's up with you?" She questioned suspiciously, knowing his tricks for when he wants something. "What? What do you want?" She nudged his stomach playfully and he pulled away, being the very ticklish person he was.

"Gosh, nothing... why do you always think I want something from you?"

"Because I know you. Now hurry and unbuckle so we can get off this thing." His mother stood, or tried to. "And you're probably gonna have to help me walk because I think my legs are paralyzed." Baekhyun chuckled, he always loved his mom's personality. Well, most of the time.

"Maybe I'll just have to drag you everywhere." Baekhyun suggested.

She came closer to his face and whispered harshly, "I may be old but I can still kick your ."

Baekhyun couldn't help but laugh. "How can you if you're legs don't work?"

His mother narrowed her eyes and watched him as she slowly turned around, arms crossed. She got up and taunted Baekhyun with a loud "Ha! Now what???" Everyone was staring at them now, wondering what the heck was going on. And possibly thinking she was too old to be acting so immature.

"Mom, everyone's staring at you." Baekhyun said flatly.

"Shut up. Let them stare." She flipped her hair back behind her shoulder in a very exaggerated way. Sometimes Baekhyun forgot who was actually the more mature one here.

Both of them got their luggage and made sure they had everything. They made their way out of the airport and tried to catch a taxi.

Being out in the scorching hot weather made them become tired even faster. Baekhyun groaned as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. He had always hated summer with a passion. No matter what you do, you would always be miserable and gross and sweaty. But in the winter, you could just smother yourself in blankets and sweaters and jackets and be warm and cozy.

And why the heck was it so impossible to catch a freakin' taxi??

"Mom, we've been standing here for like 2 hours!"

"Baekhyun, it's been like 8 minutes."

Baekhyun leaned against a tree and half-heartedly tried to call for a taxi that was nowhere to be seen. He thought he was going to die.

He started singing quietly to himself when out of the corner of his eye he spotted the yellow car of his dreams. He wasn't sure if he was hallucinating but he he didn't care.

"TAAAXIIIII!"

His mom, who looked just as exhausted as he did, shot up and looked around. "WHERE???" Baekhyun pointed to the taxi driving in their direction. They started waving their arms and screaming like crazy. Baekhyun didn't care that everyone on the whole street was giving them weird looks and walking faster with their children's hand in theirs, telling them to not make eye contact.

The man driving the taxi noticed them and pulled over; it would be a lie to say he didn't look terrified. They loaded their luggage in the trunk and sat down in the back seat.

Baekhyun's mom told the driver the address and he sped off as quickly as possible, not wanting to spend any more time than necessary with the two lunatics. Baekhyun took out his phone and put his earphones in. He chose any song, and tried to relax while his mother made the driver lose his mind.

They finally arrived at the correct place and she basically threw the money at the man's face before shutting the car door and unloading the luggage. Baekhyun was so happy to be home.

Earphones still in, Baekhyun walked into the house and looked around. Something felt different, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

He shrugged it off and tossed the suitcases on the floor next to the couch and remembered he hadn't taken a shower in like 3 days. He scrunched his face at the thought.

"Hey, mom? I'm gonna take a shower and unpack later. I feel gross." He made a disgusted face and his mom nodded as she walked into the house.

He grabbed everything he needed and made his way to the bathroom, wiggling his head to the beat of the song that was playing.

Baekhyun locked himself in the bathroom and started to strip. After he was completely , he walked over to the shower curtains and removed his earphones. He ripped open the shower curtains and let out a blood-curdling scream.

A tall and thin, dark-haired man was the last thing he expected to see.

 

 

 

 

A/N There's chapter 1! hehe idk what to say. Hopefully it's not horrible, but you know. Things are only getting started. You've probably already guessed who the 'tall and thin, dark-haired man' is. Yuppp. Thank you for actually reading it though! Please leave comments and feedback about what you think :)

Chapter 2 will be here soon!!! <3