Chapter 2

Stay With Me

"W-Who the hell are you?!" Baekhyun was extremely confused.

Wait a minute...

Is this man a burglar? Is he a kidnapper? What does he want? Why is he in this house? Is he planning to kill us?

"Hi.." the man glanced around weirdly.

Baekhyun blinked. "What are you doing in my house?!" He exhaled and looked away with a disgusted look on his face, shielding his eyes from seeing this man's... stuff. "Sorry, but would you mind covering yourself??"

He looked down and his face instantly turned red. "O-Oh." He forced out a laugh, moving the shower curtain over so only his top half was visible. "Well, while we're talking about that, maybe you should cover yourself, too."

Baekhyun looked down in less than a second and yelped, scrambling to get his towel unfolded and wrapped around his lower half.

The man smiled and continued the conversation from before, "but, um, excuse me, did you say 'your house'?"

"What? Of course. This is my house, and I want to know what you are doing in it?"

The man furrowed his brow in confusion. "Last time I checked, this was- you know what, don't you think its a little strange to be arguing about this in the shower?" He raised his eyebrows and pursed his lips, looking at the smaller boy.

Baekhyun hesitated. "Fine. I'll wait in the living room." He motioned with his hands.

He couldn't believe he just agreed to let this stranger nonchalantly finish what he was doing so they could argue when he was done.

What the heck was even going on?

 

 

"MOM, THERES A MAN IN THE SHOWER."

Baekhyun's mom didn't look as scared or surprised as he had expected.

"DID YOU HEAR ME? I SAID THERES A-"

"Baek, will you be quiet? I heard you loud and clear the first time." She looked kind of flustered. Baekhyun tried to see what she was holding, and he noticed it was a small, broken figurine. She noticed him looking and explained, "I guess it broke on the plane." He could see her holding back tears. It was something Baekhyun's dad gave to her as a gift. It was the only thing she had left of him after he died.

"It's okay, mom." Baekhyun crouched down and rested his arms around her reassuringly from behind, forgetting all about the strange man in the shower.

"I'm done." Wow, way to ruin the moment. Baekhyun stood up and glared at the man, pointing at him. He tried to stay as far away from as he could, moving over by the couch. "Stay away from us," he hissed, narrowing his eyes. Baekhyun's mom turned to look at who was there. She just smiled at him, to Baekhyun's surprise.

"Hey, Ms. Byun."

Now Baekhyun was even more confused.

"What... what is going on here?" He noticed the weird smiles his mom and this stranger shared.

She stood up. "Hey, Chanyeol." They knew each other? She gave a small laugh at Baekhyun's reaction. "That's my son, Baekhyun. He's kinda weird."

This man, who was apparently called Chanyeol, walked over to the couch and plopped down next to Baekhyun. He squirmed away. Chanyeol stuck out his hand and offered a gentle smile. "Park Chanyeol. You must be Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun contemplated shaking his hand for a moment, but then a bigger issue shot up in his mind.

"Mom. How and why do you even know this man?" He gestured towards him with his hand, getting straight to the point. She walked over to the couch and motioned for Chanyeol to scoot over so there was room for her to sit.

Chanyeol was now sitting a little too close for comfort according to Baekhyun. But honestly, within the last 15 minutes of actually knowing Chanyeol, Baekhyun thought he seemed pretty harmless. Plus, if his own mother knew him, that probably means she trusts him. Right? Why else would she be okay with this man being in their house? 

"I told him he could stay here while we were gone to, you know, get used to the place." Wait, so he's been here the whole time they were gone? "He's gonna be living with us for a while. Him and his parents live a couple hours away from here, and me being friends with them and all, I offered to let him stay here." Chanyeol nodded. Baekhyun was more shocked than confused now.

Baekhyun still didn't understand. "Okay, so why is he here?"

"Well, you know how HY University is only about 15 minutes away from here. And Yeol over here got a scholarship." She pointed to him with her thumb. "So he's staying with us so he doesn't have to drive 2 hours back and forth each day."

Baekhyun couldn't believe what he was hearing. "HY University? As in.. the University I'll be going to?!" He stood up, feeling too frustrated to sit.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Hey, now you'll finally have a friend." His mother said happily. Chanyeol's face lit up and he jumped up and wrapped his arm behind Baekhyun's neck. "Yayyy! We'll be... best friends!"

Baekhyun couldn't help but feel the blood rush to his cheeks as Chanyeol leaned closer and whispered into his ear, pausing, and then purposely adding emphasis to the last part. He tried his best to ignore Chanyeol.

"What? I-I have lots of friends!" He forced out a nervous laugh. Baekhyun was never the best at making friends. He silently hoped Chanyeol didn't think he was some weird loner who creeped up on people taking showers. 

But why did he even care about what Chanyeol thought of him?

He was still blushing as Chanyeol didn't take his arm off from around Baekhyun. If anything, he was holding him tighter.

"Chanyeol, let go of him. You're making him blush." Baekhyun could see a smirk on his mother's face. She sure did love to embarrass him.

Chanyeol loosened his grip a bit to turn and look at Baekhyun's face, making him turn an even deeper shade of pink. He slightly laughed and came in closer for a second time. "It's okay. I won't bite." His deep voice rang in Baekhyun's ear and gave him goosebumps. This time he shooed Chanyeol's arm off of him and stepped away so there was at least a good 6 feet between them.

His mother laughed at his reaction and spoke up once more. Good things never came from that. "So, Chanyeol. I hear you're the same age as Baekkie."

Baekkie?

Chanyeol chuckled at Baekhyun's new nickname. "Really? I just turned 21 in November."

"Ohhh, Baekhyun turned 21 in May." She glanced over at him, who was still sitting on the floor, keeping a distance from Chanyeol. He nodded in response.

Chanyeol nodded awkwardly, looking at the ground.

His mom tried to keep the conversation going but she ran out if things to say. "Yup..." was all she could come up with. And the room was filled with an uneasy silence.

Baekhyun couldn't stop himself from looking at Chanyeol. He sat on the couch with his legs crossed, hugging a pillow. He kept his stare on the floor and blew air into his cheeks, making his face look all big and puffy. Baekhyun thought it looked a little cute and he subconsciously smiled. As soon as he could even comprehended what was going on, he slapped himself right across his own face.

What was going on with him? Who allowed his brain to think that way?

"What was that?" Chanyeol and his mom were both looking at him strangely.

Baekhyun scrambled up and raced into the kitchen, screaming "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING" along the way. His mother always told him he had mental issues, but she was always joking. Now he knew it was actually the truth.

Could he possibly... be attracted to... Park Chanyeol?

 

What kind of wizardry is this?

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Thanks for reading! ^^ Well, things are starting to happennnn and I think we all know where this whole 'Chanyeol-and-Baekhyun-living-in-the-same-house-and-going-to-the-same-school' thing is going. hehe. Anyways, I'll try to get chapter 3 and /possibly/ chapter 4 up tomorrow. maybeee.

And again, please give feedback and comment!! I want to know what you guys think :3

Thanks again!!! <3