Prologue

Forever Will I Dream Of You

Prologue

Kyu Jong’s (personal) POV


The nightmare is over. The worst is over. It seems like just a dream now, but in the back of my mind I knew it happened; although we are not allowed to talk about it. In one way or another everybody was able to cope with the horrors we seen back home… except for one. Young Saeng hyung was not able to forget, able to move on, able overcome the guilt of his ‘failures’. It doesn’t matter how hard he’d try; he just couldn’t seem to forget any of it. We have all told him that none of it was his fault, but nothing seemed to help him cope. Sometimes it seemed like he was still there, still living in the nightmare that was no longer here.

It pained all of us to see him like that; to see him never happy, never smiling. He would just lock himself in his room with Seung Jo and Hyun Joong; he would stay there sometimes for days till he would finally come back out, when Hyun Joong hyung would convince him they were in no danger. This went on for the first two months we arrived in Japan, before he slowly started to come around. First he started to smile again; though they were small they were there. Soon after, he began to laugh again; and then finally we had our hyung back.

We were finally able to leave the apartment without worrying he’d do something to himself while we were out; there would even be times that he would go with us on our outing, and it finally felt like we were a family again. Everything was good, was great even till it happened; Young Saeng hyung’s dreams came back, all of us were scared that he would go back to his old self, and for the first two days he did. However after those two days, he was back to ‘normal’; he would smile and laugh with everybody, but he never fooled me.

I knew, though he didn’t completely recede back to his old self, there were signs that showed the weariness in his mind. There would be times that I would see him sitting out the window, looking at everything that past by like he was waiting; waiting for what? I didn’t know, but neither did I ask afraid at what I would find out.

***** Nobody’s POV *****

“Hyung… Are you going to make dinner tonight or would you like for me to do it?” Hyung Jun asked as he sat up from where he was laying, when Young Saeng entered the room to sit by the window before he actually answered.

“You can do it today if you like… I am not really feeling up to it.” Hyung Jun frowned as he watched his hyung get comfortable sitting at the window again for the nth time. Sighing, he stood up and went to him, straightening out his legs so he was able to lay his head down as he kneeled down beside him. Smiling, Young Saeng turned his attention to him, running his fingers through his hair in a gentle motion before looking back out the window.

“Hyung..? Gwenchana..?” Hyung Jun asked pouting slightly. Young Saeng just looked down on him with a small smile, and nodded silently before turning back to the window. Hyung Jun looked up taking in his hyung’s appearance; he could see the dark circles surrounding his eyes. He knew his hyung hasn’t been sleeping very well as he would wake up to the latter’s screams, when Young Saeng would wake from his night terrors. Young Saeng would scream so loud that it would wake up Seung Jo, and at times if they were very bad, his screams even woke the neighbors. Once it was so bad, the neighbors call the police thinking someone was being beaten or murdered; it took hours to explain everything to them, and they had to pay a fine for disturbing the peace.

Standing up, Hyung Jun leaned down; placing his lips to Young Saeng’s head, he kissed him lightly before walking away towards the kitchen to make food. He paused as Hyun Joong came out of his bedroom, touching his arm; he motioned for him to go to Young Saeng, before disappearing to the kitchen. Hyun Joong watched him as he went, and then turned towards his love; walking towards him, he too crouched down in front of the silent man.

“Young Saeng ssi..?” Young Saeng turned to him with his eyebrow raised.

“Is everything okay?” Young Saeng scoffed lightly as he spoke.

“Why does everybody keep asking me that? I said I was fine… are all of you not going to believe me now?” Hyun Joong smiled as the tone he was using; it was playful though slightly upset. Nodding his head, he stood up and looked down at him.

“Alright then… If you’re okay; then how about you come somewhere with me today huh? Let’s get out the house for a little bit; all of us will go.” Young Saeng turned to look up at him with uneasy eyes, but Hyun Joong refused to give up; holding his hand out, he waited for Young Saeng to take it. Glancing down at his hand, Young Saeng waited a couple moments before actually taking it, and then standing up from the window seat.

“Alright… Just stop Hyung Jun ah before he starts cooking anything, while I get my bag, and get Seung Jo ah ready.” Hyun Joong nodded, before going to do what he was told; Young Saeng walked the Kyu Jong’s room, opening the door, he smiled when saw his friend changing a smiling Seung Jo.

“I didn’t know that he was awake…” Heading towards the drawer, he pulled out an outfit for the baby and he set it down for Kyu Jong to change him into it.

“Are you going anywhere today…?” Kyu Jong turned towards him, shaking his head no, before turning back towards the baby smiling, as Seung Jo giggled at the two men.

“Well do you want to come with us? Hyun Joong ssi wants to get me out of the apartment for a while, so you can come to if you like?” Kyu Jong turned to Young Saeng, who had sat down on the bed to play with Seung Jo as he was being changed, and smiled once more.

“Really..? You’re going to go out? I would love to go with you two… When are we leaving?”

“After everybody gets ready; Hyung Jun ah and Jung Min ah are coming as well.” Kyu Jong nodded as he pulled seungJo’s pants up finally finished dressing him. Young Saeng grabbed the baby’s shoes, and motion for Kyu Jong to get ready and he would finish dressing the infant.

About a half an hour later, everybody was dressed and ready to go excited that they were all going out as a family again. It took Young Saeng a moment to push the stroller out of the door, and for him to come out as well but none of them rushed him wanting him to be able to trust the outdoor world on his own. Finally, he exited; everybody smiled at him, and let him lead the way so he could go at the paced he needed to go. It took a while, but they were able to leave the apartment building about 30 minutes later, and everybody was excited.

Deciding to take walk to the mall, Hyun Joong led the way with Young Saeng and the baby in the middle, as they knew Young Saeng would want that. Everyone was happily talking, Young Saeng was even enjoying the feel of the sun on his face; he soon began to relax enough to let Kyu Jong push the stroller, and move up to the front to walk with Hyun Joong holding the latter’s hand as they walked. Finally making it the mall, they entered the glass doors and was in awe at the beauty the store held; it was the first time they been in something so extravagant since the initial outbreak begin, as it was too risky to be in during the infection, so they avoided stores like this at all cost.

“Young Saeng hyung were should we go first?” Hyung Jun asked excitedly; Young Saeng turned to him smiling as he shrugged his shoulders. 

“Seung Jo ah could use some new clothes? We all could use some new clothes actually… so.. why don’t we split up, and look for some?” Everybody was stunned at Young Saeng’s words, as none of would have thought he was going to let them go on their own. He blushed as they stared at him, and being to speak again.

“I mean if you want to… I guess we all should stay together huh?” Hyung Jun quickly ran to him, giving him a hug before grabbing Jung Min’s hand and running off; Young Saeng smiled and yelled for them not to go too far, they nodded in acknowledgement, and ran off together in laughter. Kyu Jong walked up to the two, and smiled affectionately.

“Why don’t I go and look for Seung Jo’s clothes; and you too can spend some time alone together huh? I am going to be at the baby store right there…” Kyu Jong pointed at a store he had seen that held baby clothes, and began walking towards it with a wave goodbye. Hyun Joon turned towards Young Saeng, who was watch the two leave, and grabbed his hand making him look at him instead.

“What do you say huh? Want to have your first date?” Blushing; the only thing Young Saeng could manage to do was nod in consent, as Hyun Joong grabbed his hand pulling him towards a shop that served cookie and ice cream. Nudging Young Saeng in front, Hyun Joong wrapped his arms around his waist tightly, and leaned his chin down to rest on Young Saeng’s shoulder as they choose their ice cream and cookies. Once their orders were finished, Young Saeng had to carry the tray as Hyun Joong refused to let him go, and continued to hold him as they walked to choose a table.

None of them cared as they laughed when people gave them ugly stares, as they were nothing compared to the dangers they had faced together. Finally separating to sit down, Hyun Joong sat across from Young Saeng as they dug into their ice cream. The two sat in a comfortable silence as the munched happily on their cookies; Hyun Joong looked up as he noticed Young Saeng was looking around, not nervously but with a sense of nostalgia. Reaching over to grab the latter’s hand, Young Saeng turned to him with tears in his eyes as he gave him a small smile; his lower lip trembling softly. 

Tears began to fall as Hyun Joong rubbed the latter’s hands comfortingly, as he knew Young Saeng needed to let it all out; that he was finally coming to terms with everything being alright again. The two ignored the onlookers who were surprised and slightly uncomfortable to see two men sitting together, as one of the cried and the latter comforted. Neither of them cared, they only knew that Young Saeng was finally able to move on, and was going to be okay now. With his other hand, Hyun Joong used his new phone, and sent a text to Jung Min and Kyu Jong to meet them at the ice cream shop.

As Young Saeng was finally wiping his tears away, Kyu Jong with Seung Jo, and Hyung Jun with Jung Min, came inside the store waving at them as they ordered ice cream and cookies, then sat down with them together. Young Saeng smiled at how all of them were happy, and waited for all of them sit down before he spoke.

“Um… I have something to say…” Everybody turned to him, looking at Young Saeng with curiosity in their eyes. Young Saeng swallowed his spite, and steeled himself for what he was going to say.

“I’ve decided to stay another year… here in Japan.” Everybody gasped in shock, even Hyun Joong was stunned at the latter words.

“Why? I thought you didn’t want to stay here..?” Kyu Jong asked with his eyebrows furrowed.  Young Saeng smiled at him, and reached over to take Hyun Joong’s hand in his.

“When me and Hyun Joong were talking one night; I did some thinking afterwards, it is why I have been so silent lately. I had told you all that I was okay, but I guess none of you believed me; However, I was okay; actually, I had been thinking of going back to school to finished my medical degree. All of you were right… I need to move on, and so I thought it would be good if I finished here, since I don’t know English, but can learn before we move to America; I did some research one night, and here in japan they have a program for refugees from Korea to finish their medical training here. There they will teach you English, for those that wish to leave, and will complete our training…” Young Saeng paused as he took a breath of air, squeezing Hyun Joong’s hand for support.

“I have already signed online for it… so as of the first Monday of this month coming; I will be a student once more. Now I am not saying I have completely… healed… I guess you can say; but I am working at it, and I want to think all of you for helping me along the way.” Young Saeng looked around at everyone, blinking as they all had a blank look on their face. However, before he could question it smiles broke out and round of cheers where heard, as they all swarmed Young Saeng with hugs and words of congratulations.

“I’m so proud of you…” Hyun Joong said as he leaned in and kissed Young Saeng softly on the lips, not really caring if people minded or not.

Once they were all finished, they made their way back to the store Kyu Jong was at, and began looking around for clothes for Seung Jo; as they were finishing, Hyun Joong began looking around for Young Saeng, who had said he was going to the bathroom, but still hadn’t returned. Beginning to panic, Hyun Joong called the others for them all to look for him. As they all searched Hyun Joong finally found him at the receptionist desk, he felt relief fill him as he watch Young Saeng smile at the lady and give her a piece of paper, before turning around to walk away. Frowning in confusion, Hyun Joong made his way to Young Saeng, who when he saw him smiled and went to him.

“Where have you been? You worried me; we were all looking for you.” Hyun Joong said as he sent a text to the others saying where they were, and that he found him.

“I was just placing in an order; they don’t have what I need here, but they said they could order it for me, so I gave them the money, and our address. I’m okay…” Young Saeng said walking away from him, as he stuffed a wad of money in his pocket, as well as a few sheets of paper that had his writing on them. Turning his head to the side, Young Saeng watched as Hyun Joong followed him as he looked at his phone; he sighed in relief thinking the lord he love didn’t see him hide the papers and money.

The two meet up with the others, who had paid for their things already, and were waiting for them so they could finally get something to eat. Young Saeng smiled as he followed all of them from behind, as Hyun Joong moved up to talk to Jung Min; making sure nobody was looking at him, he rummaged through his bag, pulling out the papers he had stuffed in there. Smoothing them out, they were list of things to buy like nonperishables, clothes, cleaning supplies, food, and ammo for the guns he still had but no one knew of. Letting out a sigh, Young Saeng stuffed the papers back inside his bag; he knew he might be gathering for not, but his instincts told him to be alert just in case his dreams were not just dreams. Closing his eyes, he knew he was doing the right thing, opening them back up he smiled as Kyu Jong had turned to him, and was holding his hand out; reaching out his hand he took it, and ran catching up with the others with a lighter but still troubled heart and mind.

..

.

0o0o0o0o somewhere in the other side if Japan 0o0o0o0o

“Grandma…? Where are you?” A middle aged man, yelled from the outside into the house. Entering the silent house, he went to the room his grandmother used. Opening the door, he noticed there were red spots staining the floor; his eyes widened, as he stood there a moan was heard from behind him. Turning around all the man could see was hands grabbing at his body, as multiple flashes of pain ran through him, as he was torn apart by his now undead Grandmother, and unknown undead.


Well here you go I kept my promise HEHEHE I hope you like it… I really worked hard on it… Well see you next week.

Please leave me a comment and tell me what ya think XD

As always till next time then, bye now.