---/ 2 /

Euonymus

To save water, they sometimes bathed together. That was also an excuse to a prelude. Most would go ahead, take the bed hostage and only after couple water with soap. Henry and Daniel were different. They both have insecurities when it comes to their bodies, so it was important for them to reveal everything.

Henry knows his height might be a disadvantage compared to his lover, but every time he’d look in the mirror and see he compensated with muscles and a form that could awake envy, he was pleased. At first, he worked out for another purpose and it sometimes repulsed him to think of it again. He was just glad the other felt comfortable around him, so he tried to do the same.

Daniel, on the other hand, believed that everything about him was too big. His head and lips were huge; he also towered above Henry from the day they met, but for some reason, that never stopped him from loving the other. He felt too skinny in some areas, too unappealing, but Henry didn’t seem to mind it. So Daniel also tried to be at peace with it and love himself more.

They were rather a contrast after a second glance and that only strengthened their bond. In the end, desire arouse from their looks as well, not only words and it was good to know they accepted each other with their flaws. It was the most intimate thing they could do.

And as Daniel’s head rested on Henry’s chest in the bathtub, warm droplets grazed their skin. Henry’s fingers tangled again in Daniel’s locks, separating them one by one. The blond lifted his gaze as the violinist’s thumb pressed on his cheek. They shared a kiss before Henry suddenly let out a long sigh which triggered something inside of Daniel.

“Niel,” he started with the pet name which made the blond smile “what am I to you?”

They had that conversation once a month. It wasn’t because Henry needed to confirm their relationship again and again, but because of Daniel's answers, made him rethink the way his lover’s mind worked. He was so curious again on what he was going to hear, that he didn’t notice the way Daniel’s eyes shifted to the side, the way he bit his lower lip and then finally stared only at him.

“You’re you.” He simply stated.

“Explain,” Henry insisted as he traced his finger over Daniel’s chin. “What do you see?” The other captured his hand, kissed his fingers and giggled lightly.

“I see you.” Daniel inhaled and mustered the courage to continue. “I see Henry,” he smiled again “...I see Henry riding the desert in search of an oasis. He had been fooled once by an illusion so sweet,” Daniel softly moved his palm over the water’s surface and splashed Henry’s leg “the sand turned into water until it hit his lips.” Daniel gently caressed Henry’s throat to mimic the dryness and pain he must have felt. “Coughing and lost, he collapsed in my arms...” Daniel trailed off, unsure if he should carry on. Henry nodded as his lips curved into a supportive smile “...and he could finally breathe again under my shade.”

Henry instantly grabbed Daniel’s head and pushed the other off him with a forced kiss. Daniel grabbed the bathtub’s edge and pressed his lips back. His free arm wrapped around Henry’s body as the violinist parted for a second, enough to allow them a big gulp of air.

“Where have you been all my life?” he murmured and earned another loud laughter.

“I don’t know,” Daniel kissed him “somewhere” and again “far away,” and again “where I wondered why you’re suddenly acting this strange.”

Henry snickered and brushed his nose against Daniel’s.

“Can’t I?”

“It’s weird.”

Henry his mouth then slipped the tip of his tongue inside Daniel’s. The other shuddered from the sudden intrusion and tried to calm down before he grabbed again onto Henry’s body.

A ring coming from the living room disrupted their time together. Henry mumbled something. It was his mobile phone singing for the entire ‘garage’, as they called their home, to hear. Daniel shoved him away.

“Go answer, it’s probably your brother.” And without any room for argument, Henry did so. He wrapped a towel around his waist and grumpily made his way to the large living room. He picked the noisy device and didn’t bother to check the caller ID.

That was the first mistake for that evening.

“Hey Henry...” that voice which he tried to forget over and over again came flooding back along with suppressed memories “Donghae woke up.”

“Henry?” Daniel called from the bathroom. He stretched his neck, but it was impossible to see a thing other than the hallway from the bathroom door.

Henry’s second mistake was that he did not answer Daniel.

He hung up, rushed to the bedroom and didn’t come back until after five minutes. Daniel had already finished washing by then and took a seat on the bathroom floor. He had his underwear and sweatpants on. When he was about to pull a blouse over his head, Henry came out of nowhere, dressed with only pants as well and kneeled before him.

“We...” his voice was trembling “need to go to the hospital tomorrow.”

Daniel slowly lowered the blouse.

“What happened?” he was dead worried from the way Henry spoke and, at first, pictured something went wrong with his brother, his sister or his parents. Henry shook his head and pulled Daniel in the tightest hug he had received those last weeks.

“Nothing, nothing...” he assured the blond and suppressed some tears “I’m just acting stupid. That’s all.”

“Henry...”

“Please, don’t say a thing...” he begged “I just need to feel you, please.”

And Daniel did so. He let the other stay in the embrace for as long as he wished. He didn’t care that he started to feel cold or sleepy. He wanted to be there for Henry.