Chapter 23

We Found Love

 

 

Suzy: Dad! What is this all about? (she stood up on her seat, making all look at her except Soo Hyun)

 

Mr. Bae: Suzy sit, (he said)

 

Suzy: daddy (she badly needed an explanation)

 

Mr. Kim: I know it may be really surprising hija, but this is better than to marry you off with a totally stranger isn’t it? (he said) you and my son were friends since childhood, so we don’t see anything wrong with it. Right?

 

Mr. Bae: your uncle is right.

 

Suzy: (breathe heavily) I just needed some fresh air. Excuse me.

 

Mr. Bae: my daughter is just surprised, but I know her very well, please don’t be upset on her okay (he said to Soo Hyun)

 

Soo Hyun, on the other hand, have no emotions at all, his face is unreadable. Yoo Jung looks at her brother apologetically.

 

Meawhile:

 

 

Taecyeon and Eunjung were having their family dinner at Ham’s residence; Eunjung’s  household.

 

Mrs. Ham: so how’s life being married with my daughter? (she smiled sweetly)

 

Taecyeon: it’s fine mom (he said smiling, though he doesn’t seems to know how it’s fine would be meant off right?)

 

Mr. Ham: I hope Eunjung didn’t giving you any headache?

 

Eunjung: daddy!

 

Mr. Ham: (laughs) you know, Eunjung is my only daughter. That’s why I spoiled her to rotten.

 

Taecyeon: (smiled, he looks at Eunjung) well—

 

Eunjung: (eyed him) and what is supposed to mean that? (she retorted)

 

Mr. Ham: hahahaha. (laugh out loud) well I guess, fixed marriage is not bad at all huh. (he said) well—I heard your uncle (pertaining to Soo Hyun’s dad, since Taecyeon and Soohyun were cousins) is arranging a fixed marriage too to his son. Do you heard it?

 

Eunjung looks at Taecyeon, just like her, Taecyeon seems surprised too.

 

Eunjung: marriage dad?

 

Mr. Ham: yes.

 

Eunjung brows slightly furrowed, knowing Soo Hyun, he is a type of person who wouldn’t be agreed in this type of arrangement. So, this thing shocked her most. Who is the woman by the way? She wanted to asks, she’s dying to ask but she kept shut from this.

 

Mr. Ham: Well—I heard that the engagement will be announce anytime soon. Good for him, since he’s a great young man, I see a huge potential to him.

 

Taecyeon just silently listening, though he have a hunch who’s gonna be the prospect bride will be. He stay quiet, since he knows that his cousin would never do that. He believes.

 

Mr. Ham: and by the way, Taecyeon, you’re father and I talk about the grand re-launch of  our merge business.

 

Taecyeon: dad already inform me about it.

 

Mr. Ham: good. As for that, I think this is the best time to reveal your real relationship? I don’t want this matter to hid to everyone.

 

Eunjugn: dad, my friends still hasn’t known about us being married!

 

Mr. Ham: then they will know in the launch. I invited everyone, it will be the perfect timing.

 

Eunjung: dad—

 

Taecyeon: fine dad. (he said cutting the conversation off.)

 

Taecyeon knows very well that this day would definitely happen, one day or another, they will know eventually, so what’s the point of hiding? But one thing sure in his mind, he needs to clarify these all to Suzy, before the whole world the truth.

 

He made a decision, he will talk to her. Just the two of them.

 

The next day:

 

Suzy was seating in the bench, in the same place she always going when they still together. She breathe heavily. She looks at the breath-taking scene in her front

 

Marriage

 

Thinking about it right now, her heart ache from that.

 

How does marriage sounds like a business deal from her own dad?

 

Taecyeon: so I am right, you’re here.

 

Suzy stared at the man in her front, though she was surprised seeing him here, she didn’t care. It was too much for her to care about anything right now.

 

She looks away, trying not to mind his presence at all.

 

Taecyeon: you didn’t went to your class this morning, so unlikely you. (he said still standing in her front)

 

But Suzy keep ignoring his presence. How this man can acted like this, right after the things happened to them? Or the thing that supposed to happen but didn’t happen?

 

Taecyeon: I know you’re still mad at me. (he said, his eyes were pleading)

 

Mad? That was overstatement. Though, they ended up in not a really nice way, Suzy never felt mad towards him. She was hurt but not mad.

 

Suzy let out a heavy breathe. She looks at him emotionless. Too much for a break she thinks.

 

Taecyeon: you still going here. (he said as he turn his body towards the beautiful ocean in their front) it’s been a year.

 

Suzy close her eyes, she don’t want to hear what he supposed to say, or why he was here anyway. She wanted to be alone.

 

Is it too much to ask?

 

Suzy stood up on her seat, ready to go, when Taecyeon stops her for leaving

 

Suzy: what now? (She said facing him)

 

Taecyeon: Suzy can we talk?

 

Suzy: we don’t have anything to talk about.

 

Taecyeon: we have. About us. (he stated)

 

Suzy: there is nothing about us to talk about.

 

Taecyeon seems hurt for what she said.

 

Taecyeon: I didn’t mean not to come with you that day. God knows how badly I want to come with you that day.

 

Suzy: but still you didn’t come (she said, expressionless) you just left me like that

 

Taecyeon: I have no choice!

 

Suzy: you have. And your choice is to leave me behind.

 

Taecyeon: Suzy… (he holds her hand)

 

Suzy: I was all alone! Do you know how hurt I was?! Then you left me! You left me without saying anything behind. And now, you’re here!

 

Taecyeon: that’s why I’m trying to explain this for you—

 

Suzy: for what? Is it still necessarily for us?

 

Taecyeon: I love you. I still am.

 

Making Suzy’s mouth gape open.

 

Meanwhile:

 

Eunjung was standing in the hallway, obviously waiting for someone.

 

Eunjung: can we talk (she said as long as she saw Soohyun went out on his class)

 

Soohyun face is unreadable. He stared at her for a seconds before resuming in his walking. Eunjung stops him by holding his wrist.

 

Eunjung: please, let’s talk (she sounds pleading)

 

Soo Hyun: talked about what? (He seems irritated)

 

Eunjung: please?

 

.

.

.

 

Soo Hyun: so, what now? (He sounds demanding)

 

Eunjung: I heard you’re going to get married? Is that true?

 

Soo Hyun: (smirked, as he found humour on what she ask) so the news fly fast huh?

 

Eunjung: so it’s true. (she confirmed.)

 

Soo Hyun: so? Is that the only thing you wanted to talk about? You spent my time with nothing?

 

Eunjung: So who is she? (she asks)

 

Soo Hyun: (smirked)

 

Eunjung: who is she Soo Hyun-ah… (she demanded)

 

Soo Hyun: it doesn’t need for you to know. (he said)

 

Eunjung: is it her? Is she? Don’t tell me it’s her.

 

Soo Hyun: so what if she?

 

Eunjung: you know you can do this!

 

Soo Hyun: why wouldn’t?

 

Eunjung: you can’t—you know

 

Soo Hyun: (stared at her)

 

Eunjung: you know I still love you! (she blurt out)

 

Soo Hyun: you know, we both know, that it’s a lie. Why still lying?

 

Eunjung opens to say something.

 

Soohyun: we both know who you really love, do you still think I believe in your lies again? Right really? Lying again for him? You will lied to me again for his sake? Tsk. Too bad. It will not effect on me again.

 

Eunjung: soo Hyun-ah—

 

Soo Hyun: I don’t make the same mistake twice.

 

Eunjung: Soo Hyun, please listen—

 

Soo Hyun: Enough! I don’t want to talk again to you!

 

Eunjung: Don’t act as if you didn’t used me too! As if I am the only one who used you! (She shouted) coz you do too! You used me too! You made me believe that you loved me!

 

Soo Hyun: (shook his head as he started walking away to her)

 

Eunjung: why the both of you loves her? Why? (She silently whisper)

 

***

 

IL Woo: woman! Can you slow down! (He hissed as he carried all the paper bags they both)

 

It’s been an hour passed but it seems Eun Hye still hasn’t finished yet. Of course, in shopping.

 

Eun Hye: (glared at him) walk fast will you?

 

IL Woo: hey, in case you forgot I am your boyfriend not your personal assistant!

 

Eun Hye: for your information pretend boyfriend! We are just pretending you hear me?!

 

IL Woo: fine. Fine woman whatever makes you sleep. (he rolled eyes, as he started walking past her, but why he felt his heart ache for what she said? Maybe, something wrong with him now, he shrugs) now what? Can you make it real fast woman?

 

Eun Hye: TSSS. (she rolled her eyes on him)

 

.

.

.

 

Eun Hye and IL Woo were eating in a restaurant, when IL Woo looks at Eun Hye while she was busy eating, he secretly smiled; since then, he was aware how beautiful this woman was, she dated many girls with her kind yet, she still far beyond them, she has a face of an angel, she’s really beautiful, confident and grace. She can perfectly handle herself well, except—

 

Of course, her y attitude she has, but for some reason, he didn’t mind it all, as if it adds on her good traits as a woman.

 

He kept staring at her, knowing her ever since they little; growing up with the same circle of friends, they never that close, in fact, though they considered friends—as if that was their relationship for so long, they barely talk to each other, maybe, because their personalities clashed on each other, or maybe they were both busy on their own lives. and what is happening for them both? Even his wildest dream, he never thinks of it.

 

Eun Hye: WHAT? (she scowls)

 

Now seeing her scowl like this, IL Woo wanted to take back what he said, she’s really not a face of an angel. Tss. He shakes his head on her, he was about to continue eating, but bothered on what he saw on her lovely face.

 

IL Woo: you had something on your face (he points out)

 

Eun Hye hurriedly wipes her face.

 

IL Woo rolled eyes as she still can’t wipe it properly, out of nowhere, he took the napkin in his side as he is the one who wipes it for her.

 

Eun Hye eyes widen in shock, she stared at him for a seconds blinking. Gosh! Did he really? Oh my god! She mumbled inside her head.

 

Knowing IL Woo, or at least the reputation she builds about him inside her head, was not like this, he is surprisingly a gentleman huh.

 

IL Woo: Now what? (he asks, brows furrowed)

 

Eun Hye: n-nothing! (she stuttered, and what the hell she was stuttering?)

 

Meanwhile:

 

Elder Yoon: son, consider coming back okay? (he asks his only son.)

 

Mr. Yoon (Eun Hye’s dad): Dad—

 

Elder Yoon: haven’t you realized that is about time to come home? Eun Hye, your daughter might one of this day got married, aren’t you wanted to see her?

 

Mr. Yoon: married? What do you mean by that? Don’t tell me?

 

Elder Yoon: no, it’s not a fixed marriage, if you were thinking that way, she finds a good man to be with. (he smiled)

 

Mr. Yoon: chicnha? (relief)

 

Elder Yoon: you missed most of her years away to each other, she’s now a fine woman son, I know how much you miss your daughter, don’t you think this is the best time to come and see her?

 

Mr. Yoon: dad—I have So Min to protect. (he said)

 

Elder Yoon: protect for whom son? Me? So Min is my grandchild even you neglected her to know my existence in her life, son, don’t you realized that you—took her life away from us? For not knowing that we exist? She didn’t meet her older sister. She misses half of her life.

 

Mr. Yoon: dad—you don’t understand.

 

Elder Yoon: I feel so bad to my granddaughters.  So Min deserves the world, the title and my acknowledgement as Yoon. And Eun hye? She deserves a father to be with, but both you neglecting it.

 

Mr. Yoon let out a heavy sighed.

 

Elder Yoon: reconsider this. I’ll be back again to convince you. Please come home, come back home with my granddaughter.

 

--

 

So Min still sniffing as they went out of the cinema. Hyun Joong chuckled, he put his arms on her shoulder as he helps her wipes her tears.

 

Hyun Joong: stops crying okay? (he smiled)

 

So Min: but I can’t! I feel so bad to the female lead. (she said)

 

Hyun Joong: (chuckled more, he finds her amusing and adorable the same time)

 

So Min: imagined how she went through? She didn’t know that she has a sister! Her sister despise her a lot! Plus the fact that she was an unwanted child to begin with, she’s the reason why her own sister life become miserable!

 

Hyun Joong: okay, enough will you (he hugs her) that’s only in the screen. So don’t be upset kay?

 

So Min pouted like a kid.

 

So Min: okay

 

And they both walked hand in hand.

 

Eun Hye: can you make it really quick? You walk like a turtle!

 

IL Woo: wow. Just wow woman! Mind helping with your things so I can walk properly?

 

Eun Hye: whatever! (she rolled eyes on him upon resuming to walk not to realized she bumped into someone) I’m sorry. (she quickly apologizes)

 

On the other hand, Hyun Joong stared at the woman in her front, surprised, he really was.

 

Eun Hye eyes met the person she bumped into; she seems shocked, surprised but her expression remains still. They both look on each other eyes.

 

Il Woo: hey! (he snaps out, his eyes went to Eun Hye back to the man in their front) you know him?

 

Hyun Joong: Eun Hye (he mumbled)

 

So Min: Oh! Miss Yoon! (she acknowledges, she smiles sweetly to her)

 

Eun Hye expressionless face still, she saw how the two hold hands.

 

IL Woo: Hi! So Min right? (he said, crashing the mind-blowing chills he felt for the instant)

 

So Min: hello! (she politely greeted) you know them Hyunnie? (she asks)

 

Hyunnie!

 

It was her who called him like that, Eun Hye breathe out as she tried to calm down.

 

Hyun Joong: ye—

 

Eun Hye: no (she said flatly) let’s go! (she said, pulling IL Woo’s wrist)

 

It’s been a year or so? He clearly moved on! But why it still hurt this way? Eun Hye said in herself.

 

.

.

.

 

IL Woo was standing not so far away to her, silently observing her as she was seating in the bench, playing with her feet.

 

After they went to the mall, or should he say after the meeting with that man they accidentally bumped in, Eun Hye seems not on her usual y mood.

 

Right after that incident, Eun Hye seems so sad, that is why when she asks him to drive here in this equestrian ranch, that he knew is one’s of the Yoon’s investment, he obliged followed her. He remembered it correctly, Eun Hye loves horse back riding, back then, he watched her game from time to time, all thanks to her younger sister who always drags him in every match that Eun Hye has.

 

Was it her ex or what? IL Woo asks himself, but if his memory serves him right, he didn’t know her having a relationship in the past, or he really did miss something? Damn. The hell he cares. He mumbled.

 

But seeing her like this, who is he kidding right? Though he was a notorious playboy, he hates to see girls crying. He sighed, his eyes never leave her, only to realized that she keeps playing with her feet, does her feet hurt? She’s wearing a killer heels for a long time.

 

And why the heck girls love to wear those ? Are they enjoy themselves hurting? Woman! He really didn’t understand it at all. Though he doesn’t want to leave her here alone, but seeing how might uncomfortable she was, he marches his feet with a heavy heart to go to the nearest store he saw when they entered here.

 

Meanwhile, Eun Hye feet’s hurt. A lot. But what hurt her most was the idea of her seeing him again. It’s been a year, a year and it’s clearly, he moves on! He was in someone else, right now, and seeing him just like that happy, hurts her most.

 

He just left her! He promised to be with her and never leave her! But he did, he left and worst broke her heart into pieces.

 

She swallowed hard not to cry. She doesn’t deserve her tear! Those who left her behind doesn’t deserve any bit of her tears, but why it’s still pouring down on her cheeks?

 

It is really hard to be with her?

 

It is really hard to stay at her just like what she wanted? Is she’s not worth to be stayed with? Those people she loves, those people who say they loved her left her still.

 

Her father, and him.

 

What’s wrong with her anyway? Is there something wrong with her? She wipes her tears away. She sniffs.

 

And a piece of handkerchief appeared in her sight. She looks up only to met his eyes.

 

IL Woo was standing in her front, he saw her eyes were swollen from crying, he just left her a couple of minutes and now what? Damn. He regretted not coming in her side when she asks to leave her alone. He shouldn’t let it happened!

 

He shouldn’t let her alone and cry alone while he, was staring at her in far. He must be on her side. And why he is too much affected right now?

 

Eun Hye looks away, avoided his gazed, but IL Woo put the handkerchief on her lap as he kneeled over in her front. Her eyes widen!

 

Eun Hye: what are you—

 

Eun Hye mouth gape open, she watches him as he gently put her heels away from her feet, she watches his every moved, he took the paper bag on the side and a pair of lovely doll shoes appeared in her front. Slowly and gently, he wears the flat shoes on her feet.

 

IL Woo: there—better. (he said as he looks up meeting her gaze) feeling better or still not?

 

Eun Hye avoided his gazed, there is something on the way he looks at her makes her heart skip a beat.

 

IL Woo: wanna ride one? (he asks as they saw a man holding a horse in one hand)

 

Eun Hye: (shake her head)

 

IL Woo: Too bad, I want to ride. (he said pulling her on her seat)

 

.

.

.

 

Eun Hye: are you sure you know how to ride horse?

 

Eun Hye asks, she was seating in IL woo’s front, while he, on the other hand was holding the horse rope on her back. Though she insisted to ride in two horses, IL Woo says no.

 

IL Woo: of course!

 

Eun Hye glared at him.

 

Eun hye: I don’t want to fall! You heard me!

 

IL Woo: woman, I know how to ride horses same as woman okay? So you’re safe on me. Got you (he winks)

 

Eun hye eyes widen upon realization on what he said.

 

Eun Hye: —

 

IL Woo:  YAHH!! (he said as he started his pace in the horse)

 

.

.

.

 

Eun Hye: I didn’t know, you’re this good in riding horses. (she praises him)

 

IL Woo: you have a lot of things you didn’t know about me (he said as he keep from what he was doing)

 

It’s been an hour but still, they still strolling around the place,

 

IL Woo: hoooh (as he stops the horse for a while)

 

Eun Hye: wow it’s beautiful.

 

She said as they both look on the sunset.

 

IL Woo: yeah. (he chuckled, sensing that she was back on her good mood)

 

Eun Hye: thank you (she said)

 

IL Woo: (smiled) no worries missy. (he smiled more)

 

Eun Hye smiled. They both smiled as they keep staring how perfect the scene in their front.

 

 

Sorry for a year of hiatus.