The Trick

Gone
 

“C-Cheolyong?” I asked.

 

“It pains me to see you cry Sanghyun…” I heard a husky voice that encircled me with warmth.

 

“Changsun…” I called out and the hug tightened.

 

I don’t know why but the way he hugged me felt so nice. My heart felt like it was being comforted. The mere point that a hug could make me feel this way makes me confused.

 

“If I could only mend the pain you feel, I would do it. I can’t stand seeing you cry. Seeing you feel such pain brings me pain too.” Changsun whispered and I couldn’t help but bit my lower lip. Something about the way he talks to me right now just makes me feel relaxed.

 

My tears stopped and I held onto Changsun’s arms.

 

“Thank you…” I said and he sighed. “I’m glad to help…” he said and he pulled away.

 

He sat beside me and he held my cheek. It felt really warm and nice.

 

“You’re too precious to have tears in your eyes.” Changsun said. I gave him a weak smile. “Not really…” I answered.

 

“I’m sure the townspeople will get mad at your lover for making you cry.” He said.

 

“I guess so…” I said and he removed his hand on my cheek.

 

“I really appreciate your appearance right now.” I said and he gave me a warm smile. It was something I didn’t see this morning. A smile that felt like a lover’s.

 

I sighed as I looked down on the ground, sitting here with Changsun makes me calmer than when I am with Seungho.

 

“Does it still bother you?” Changsun suddenly asked me. I slowly looked at him and sighed again.

 

I started to ask myself ‘Why can’t Seungho be like Changsun?’ I mean… He’s really sweet. He’s also really protective of me. And to conclude, he’s really caring. He cares about me like Cheolyong does and it feels really nice to have someone take care of you.

 

“It does… He is special to me… but sometimes I wonder why…” I confessed, hanging my head low because I’m ashamed of myself.

 

I heard him give out an audible sigh and a cute little chuckle.

 

I looked at him again, curious why he would suddenly chuckle. But as I looked at him, he was smiling at me with that sweet smile. I knew I blushed hard because I felt my cheeks burn bad!

 

“If you truly love the person, you feel pain when you don’t get along. I think you’re such a wonderful person to be tied to someone like him.” Changsun said with a tone that feels really gentle yet the message seemed off.

 

“Seungho is really nice. He’s been taking care of me and always been by my side. Well… At least he did.” I defended.

 

“Well if that’s the case… why are you out here and feeling down? Where is your lover?” Changsun asked. I looked away, then I answered “I don’t know…”

 

“While you’re out here and crying, your partner is drowning himself with other things.” Changsun said. I wrinkled my forehead and asked, “What do you mean?”

 

He stood up and reached out a hand. “Let me show you.” He said.

 

I looked at his hand and hesitated to reach out for it. I suddenly felt nervous about this whole thing. But I pushed it aside and grabbed his hand.

 

He pulled me up and as I stood up, he squeezed my hand tighter and we started walking. He led me to the dirt path we walked through a while ago. I wanted to pull my hand away but my body doesn’t seem to be responding well to my brain. We walked for a while and I saw a glimpse of that small town outside the villa.

 

“Where are you taking me?” I asked. He suddenly faced me and cupped my face. “Sanghyun… you need to be strong before witnessing this.” Changsun said and he sighed.

 

I wrinkled my forehead and he held my hand again, this time tighter than before. We started walking again and we reached a pub.

 

I noticed that a table had girls all around it and I squinted my eyes to see who they were surrounding. In my surprise, I saw Seungho and a girl sitting on his lap.

 

I covered my mouth and I felt tears stream down my eyes again. After that, I felt Changsun pull me away. Even though it was just a split second, seeing Seungho having fun with another person (especially a girl) hurts like hell. I was so down because we fought but look at him. He’s just enjoying himself!

 

We went back to the villa and all I could do was cry. Changsun hugged me tightly and hushed me again. All I could do is cry my eyes out. How could Seungho do this to me? How could he do this again?!

 

I felt my anger blossom again. I feel so bad right now. All I want to do is cry and punch him!

 

“I didn’t want you to see it… But… You had to know the truth.” Changsun said.

 

I couldn’t even face him right now. I felt so down that I just cried and cried.

 

As I cried, he hummed. It was a really nice melody that my mother would often hum for me. But then, I suddenly pulled away.

 

“Why do you know that hum?” I asked, totally confused.

 

“My first love would often hum it.” He answered.

 

“What’s her name?” I asked.

 

“Hyunie…” He answered.

 

“Hyunie…?” I asked, more to myself than to him. “That hum has been passed down in our family. Only our family knows that hum.” I said.

 

“Then maybe she’s part of your family.” Changsun said.

 

“What’s her last name?” I asked.

 

“Park.” Changsun answered and it cleared it out. But I don’t remember having a relative named Hyunie.

 

“This is what she would usully hum when whe’re together. I’m sorry. Do you not like it?” Changsun asked.

 

“No… I… I was just surprised that you know that hum…” I answered.

 

“She said it was a lullaby. So she would often use it when I sleep on her lap. This situation just reminded me of that. I’m sorry.” He apologized again.

 

“Oh… It’s… It’s not a bad thing. I was just surprised. That’s it. Sorry for making you feel bad.” I said.

 

“Are you feeling better now?” He suddenly asked and I nodded.

 

“Much better. I think I was just a fool to believe in someone who doesn’t even treasure me.” I chuckled and he smield at me.

 

He held my cheek again and he gave me this warm smile. “You look wonderful with a smile on… I hope you keep that smile.” He said.

 

I nodded and he stood up.

 

“You should go back to your friends. I’m sure Cheolyong will be worried about you.” Changsun said and I nodded. He reached out his hand and I reached for it.

 

We went inside the villa and he led me to our room. All the while, we were holding each other’s hands. I looked at our intertwined fingers and I felt the familiarity of it. As if I’ve done this before.

 

“You better go see them now. If you need anything, I’ll be in the garden alright?” Changsun said. I nodded and he smiled at me. He cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

Hello!!!!!!!!!!

 

Ehem!!!

 

As some of you may know, I'm currently going around Canada due to my work.

 

And I am not able to bring my personal laptop since I'll be working most probably all the time. So we, me and my workmates, are not allowed to bring personal laptops. One of my workmates even wanted to bring their all-in-one pc. I mean seriously... Laptops are ok but...hahaha! oh dont get me started.

 

anyway, so yeah. But I saved this chapter ahead of time before we even started the travel. So yeah. Hope you all like it. Since it'll probably be the last update this February.

 

So for everyone else of you lovely readers who do not know yet...

 

I want to let you all know that I will NOT be able to update for the whole February.

 

Reason???

 

Only one.

 

I have to go around Canada for my job!!!

 

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

 

I've been praying to get accepted to this job and I was finally accepted!!!

 

OMG!!! Seriously guys, I really am sorry that I wont be able to update but please be kind and considerate ok?

 

And please wait for me.

 

I promise to update regularly again after I finish my tour.

 

Oh seriously....dont be sad....

 

I feel sad too.

 

But I need to focus on this one because if I do good I might be able to be promoted and gain more money and get my free time again!!!

 

So...Please be patient and wait for me ok?

 

I will be here. If you miss me, PM me. I will try my best to reply but probably not ASAP.

 

And if you just want to know how I'm doing, PM me. I really appreciate a PM from any of you.

 

And lastly, if you just want to PM me... Do so! 

 

I will surely miss all of you!!!

 

I love you all!!!

 

^_^

 

 

from,

kimichi21

 

 

 

PS...

 

I promise to update by March. ^_^