At Home

The Underworld and Heaven

 

Tao’s POV

While Tiffany is reading the message, I look over her shoulder and read it as well. She crumples the paper up and throws I in the trash.
“Hey, don’t worry about that today, ok?” I give her a light squeeze.

“Ok.” She nods. In a few minutes, we’re there. I open the door for her and thankfully, my place is not too messy. She starts going to the sofa but I grab her shoulders and turn her around.

“No no no, you sleep in my bedroom and I’ll take the sofa.” I say to her.

“No, you should sleep there.” She protests.

“I don’t have to sleep but you do.” I plop down onto the sofa and stretch out leaving no room. “I can relax but I don’t need to sleep.” I grin.

“Fine.” She grumbles. Once she’s gone I grab a random book and start to read. About halfway through the evening, I hear screams from the bedroom. I drop the book and rush to her. She’s writhing around screaming.

“Tiffany!” I shake her. She doesn’t wake up so I shake her a bit harder. She stops screaming but starts to sob uncontrollably. “Shh, don’t cry. You’re ok.” I hug her and put my chin on her head and wait for her to calm down.

“You were bleeding, y-you weren’t healing. Someone was standing over you with a sword. There were monsters everywhere and…”Her voice falters.

“You don’t have to talk about it.” I her hair. I frown at the mention of me not healing but I push the thought aside. “Do you want anything; tea, coffee, hot chocolate?” I offer.

“Maybe a hot chocolate?” She asks.

“Ok,” I say gently, “Be right back, or do you want to come with?” I ask. She answers by taking my hand and standing up. When the drinks are finished, I plop a bunch of mini marshmallows in both mugs. “Madam.” I say in a posh British accent. She giggles and takes the cup and sips it.

“Delicious.” She smiles at me. I’m relieved I got her to brighten up a bit. She walks over to the sofa and sits down. I sit next to her and we sit in silence, until she shivers again. I go and get a fluffy blanket. I place it over her and sit back down again. “Thank you.” She smiles warmly. When she’s finished with her drink, she begins to nod her head and within minutes. She’s fast asleep. I carry her back to bed and set her down, then I keep the door open in case she gets another dream and then I return to reading the book.

When it’s light, I’ve finished the book and Tiffany’s awake and eating the eggs I made her.

“Were they ok?” I ask her.

“Better than ok.” She grins up at me.

“That’s good to hear.” I smile back at her when there’s a noise at the door.

 

Expect more endings like this now, sorry for the suspence, but it's how it goes, forgive me! ;)