Cake!

The Underworld and Heaven

 

Tao’s POV

As I’m placing the sweets in their spots the bells on the door ring and I’m greeted a weird energy, it’s really pure but I’ve never felt any kind of energy like that. I look up and I see a beautiful girl with long dark brown hair. The boss points at me and she glances at me, then she comes over and says. “Hello, I’m Tiffany.” She then holds out her hand. I stare at her hand for a moment wondering if I should shake it or not and have her notice my strange temperature. Then I do shake it and smile at her.

“Nice to meet you Tiffany, my name is Tao.” I say as she smiles back and it fills me with warmth.

At the end of the day, it’s time to clean up, I said that I’d stay to close the shop and Tiffany had been protesting and saying she’d do it with me but I said no. After a couple of minutes arguing, she finally gives up.

“Goodnight Tao, goodnight see you tomorrow.” She smiles and waves at me. I smile back and wave as well.

“Goodnight, see you tomorrow.” I say, when she leaves, I turn my attention to closing up shop.

When I’m done I go down to the cake store that is thankfully still open. I buy some cake and go to the park to eat some of it there.

I find a bench and eat a piece, “Hello stranger.” A voice says in front of me, I look up.

 

Tiffany’s POV

“Hello stranger.” I say trying to hold my laughter in as I see Tao sitting on a bench with some cake with frosting all over his face. He looks up at me and sees my smile.

“Hey, Tiffany. What’s so funny?” He asks. I fish out a tissue from my bag.

“You uh have some frosting on your face.” I giggle and give the tissue to him.

“Oh, thank you.” He says embarrassed and cleans his face. “Please, sit down.” He gestures to the seat next to him. “Want some cake?” He asks.

“Sure, thanks.” I take a slice and eat a slice. It’s really good. “Where’d you get it?” I ask.

“From the patisserie just outside the park.” He replies and then he brings some more cake to his mouth but then he misses slightly and smears the side of his mouth with more frosting. I laugh and get the tissue and clean his mouth, once I’m done, he looks down embarrassed. He sets the cake back into the box, closes it and gives the box to me.

“Oh no, it’s yours. You bought it.” I shake my head and push the box to him.

“It’s a gift, you’re not going to turn down a gift are you?” He asks teasingly. I stick my tongue out at him and take the box, as I take it, my hand brushes his and I blush.

“Thank you.” I say.

“You’re welcome.” He smiles at me. I look at my watch.

“I have to go or I’ll be all tired tomorrow.” I say disappointed.

“Goodnight, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He says as I stand up.

“Goodnight.” I smile at him.