You Stubborn Wolf

The Underworld and Heaven

 

Tiffany’s POV

“You’re probably going to have to answer to someone when they find them,” Tao glances at the angels, “So you’re probably going to have to stay with them and say what happened, and don’t lie, it’s against your nature and I don’t want you to do something like that.” He says and turns and leaves. I look at the guys and remember how he looked at me just now; red eyes showing he’s hurt by my words. Then I realize that I had been implying he was selfish for knocking the two out.

“Tao!” I call and turn in his direction but he’s already gone. I look back at the two white figures on the ground, I look up and see that the angels above are already preparing to come down to Earth and I hide behind a bush and wait for them to come.

I peak out through the leaves as two men come down. They take a look at the unconscious angels.

“A demon has been here, a powerful one.” One says, “Find it and alert us. We will come immediately with an army and we will destroy the monster. Also, I want to know where the girl is.” He finishes.

“What do we do when we find her?” The other asks.

“I don’t know, we’ll just see what she’s been doing lately.” The man replies. The two angels pick up the others and fly back to heaven. I stand up, shocked by what I just heard. I walk slowly towards the exit of the park when I see a figure jumping down from a tree.

“Tao?” I whisper. The figure turns to me and then in a couple of seconds Tao is here, eyes red and his hair is blonde. “Um Tao, your hair is blonde.” I whisper. He doesn’t notice that.

“You should hide, it’s not safe here.” He warns.

“No, they’ll find me one way or another, don’t underestimate them. What about you? They can’t find werewolves as fast as they can others but they won’t rest until they do.” I say. He shakes his head.

“Either way, you should still hide and don’t do anything reckless, please.” He begs.

“Tao, I can take care of myself.” I give him a look.

“I know that but I can’t take the risk.” He says desperately. Knowing Tao, he’ll never back down because he’s too stubborn.

“Well I’m sorry, but I don’t care about risks at all. I won’t let you get hurt by my kind.” I put my hand on his shoulder.

“What if they hurt you?” He asks.

“They won’t, I’ll just be mouthed off by someone.” I reassure him. “But you should be the one hiding.” I say.

“No, like you said, it’s pointless. I’m pretty sure a wolf hunt will attract some other creatures and they could hurt you. If that happens, there’s no way I’m hiding.” He says.

“You’re so stub–I mean, persistent.” I catch myself.

“I know I’m stubborn, always have been.” He smirks and his eyes return to normal. “I think I’ll keep the hair for a bit.” He adds, ending the conversation. “We should be going now and I think we should split–”

“No.” I cut him off.

“But–” He starts.

“No buts, I’m staying at yours because I am not leaving you alone.” I look at him defiantly, daring him to argue.

“Ok fine.” He sighs. I nod and shiver as a breeze comes in. Tao starts to take his jacket off, I start to protest but he ignores this and wraps me in it and hugs me close. “Stubborn wolf, right?” He says. I nod slightly.

I look over my shoulder and I can see messages being sent everywhere from Heaven. One comes to me and I open it.

 

Come to __________ in___________ for a demon hunt. Whoever kills it, will have a bounty waiting for them.

From the General of the Heavens.