Eclipse

The Underworld and Heaven

 

Tiffany’s POV

I fly up to the balcony and look back at Tao; he holds my gaze for a moment but then his eyes go completely black.

“George, get the sword. Now.” The man says urgently. I look and see one of the guards grab the sword. I lunge to get it out of his hands but he swipes it and cuts into my waist. I gasp in pain and Tao stands up in a flash and pounds on the glass; this time it cracks. “Give me the sword you dolt!” The man screams. Tao hits the glass again and it shatters, he reaches forward and grabs the first man by his throat and throws him through the wall. Then he does the same to the other one and then he walks slowly to the man who then throws out his hands and lifts Tao into the air. Tao snarls as the man walks forward with the sword and cuts deeply into Tao’s arm, which makes him hiss. The wound doesn’t heal. Then the man stabs Tao in the stomach. Tao roars in pain and is released, he grabs the blade and pulls it away. Now his hands, stomach, and arm are bleeding. He starts walking to the man who backs away, he pushes outwards again and Tao is sent tumbling from the building. I scream and throw myself at the man, I grab his shirt and pull him with all my strength out of the building taking me as well. I bring my wings out and fly straight down to Tao.

“Tao, talk to me.” I sob. His eyes are back to normal. I put my hands on his chest and try to heal him. “Why isn’t it working?” I say aloud.

“B-because angels can't heal things like me.” He explains.

“No, I will heal you, I have to.” I press my hands harder onto his chest. “Please.” I beg.