The Park

The Underworld and Heaven

 

Tao’s POV

“Come on, we’re going for a walk.” Tiffany says grabbing my hand and literally dragging me to the park.

“Hey wait!” I say, pulling her back. “Slow down a bit.” She sighs but slows down.

“Lazy.” She smirks playfully. She tightens her grip on my hand and pulls me to her.

“So, what other things can angels do?” I ask.

“We can fly, tell if people are lying, heal people, and some angels can use telekinesis. There’s probably some other stuff but I can’t remember them.” She smiles at me. “What can you do?”

“I have more strength and speed than a human. I heal fast like you can and my hearing is also good. And when I get angry, my looks can change.” I wink and she laughs slightly.

“Well, as cool as your red eyes look, I don’t want you to be angry.” She says.

“Yeah, me neither.” I smile. Then I see a hot dog stand and am overcome by the scent of meat, “Hey, do you mind if we get something to eat?” I point to the stand.

“Ok, lets eat.” She walks with me there. We buy two hot dogs and I eat it really fast.

“Sorry,” I look down. “Transforming didn’t improve my way of eating did it?” I say and wipe my mouth. Tiffany laughs and shakes her head.

“It kind of did but not too much.” She grins and takes a small bite of the hot dog. We walk and talk until it gets dark. “Shall we get going?” She asks me.

“Yeah, lets go. You’re not afraid of the dark are you?” I . She lightly punches my arm. “Ouch.” I say laughing. She hooks her arm around mine and we walk out of the park. Then as we pass an alley I’m pulled sharply to the side and Tiffany is gone.

“Tiffany!” In the distance, I can see a figure being dragged off by two others. My vision goes red again and in a matter of seconds I’m standing right next to the people who are dragging Tiffany away. Somehow I can see their faces, two men dressed in white with brown hair and plain features. I grab both of them by their shirts. “And just what were you planning to do with her?” I ask in a low voice. No one answers but one takes out a knife and stabs me in the stomach. I let go of the other one and throw the other against the wall with a force that should’ve knocked him out. His head is bleeding but it heals just as quickly as my knife wound did. I take a step back and notice that the energy he’s giving off is pure. My eyes widen, “Tiffany, can angels get a concussion?” I ask her.

“Why?” She looks at me puzzled but nods.

“Because, they’ve seen too much. I’m sorry.” I pick both guys up and slam their heads into the wall and they crumple to the ground motionless. I lean down to check if they’re still alive; they are. I sigh in relief.

“What did you do?” Tiffany asks quietly. I hang my head in shame.

“I made sure they forgot what happened today, I’m sorry for hurting them.” I hang my head in shame.

“Why?” She asks again.

“They were angels.” I explain.

“And they saw too much and would’ve killed you.” She finishes giving me a look. I realize in an instant that she’s saying I was selfish.

“Yeah, probably.” I answer both her statements. “Lets take them somewhere other then an alley so that they can be called back up to heaven.” I pick them up and start walking to the park again. Tiffany doesn’t say anything but walks behind me silently. Even when we’ve dropped the two guys off in the park, the red in my vision doesn’t dim. “You’re probably going to have to answer to someone when they find them,” I glance at the guys, “So you should stay with them and say what happened. Don’t lie, it’s against your nature and I don’t want you to do something like that.” I say to her and then I turn and walk away.